HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH View Post
Footwear and apparel hub proposed:

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/...d-a27bcd4c17bd.
I hope this really becomes a flourishing area, it has such great bones. And the post office redevelopment nearby can only help.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 8:54 PM

Does anyone know which buildings are being considered as part of this effort? I tried searching but the Oregonian article is all I can find on the project.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 12:51 AM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownpdx View Post
I hope this really becomes a flourishing area, it has such great bones. And the post office redevelopment nearby can only help.
Seriously! Old Town is a sleeping giant of a neighborhood. Downtown to the south, the Pearl to the west, and the Post Office site is going to provide so much growth to the north. And as you said, the neighborhood has such good bones. The long term potential for this neighborhood is incredible.

It needs a catalyst to jumpstart major development, but even without one... there's so much potential that the neighborhood will eventually blossom again. It can't NOT happen. It's just a matter of when.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2024, 6:45 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
Seriously! Old Town is a sleeping giant of a neighborhood. Downtown to the south, the Pearl to the west, and the Post Office site is going to provide so much growth to the north. And as you said, the neighborhood has such good bones. The long term potential for this neighborhood is incredible.

It needs a catalyst to jumpstart major development, but even without one... there's so much potential that the neighborhood will eventually blossom again. It can't NOT happen. It's just a matter of when.
I think what is holding it back is the low height limits. I would love to see existing buildings be preserved as much as possible with empty lots having much higher limits and height bonuses for residential buildings. Turning Old Town into an active neighborhood downtown would be a good thing.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland