HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 5:08 AM
No man's land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Grizzly View Post
It’s gonna be epic!
It’s gonna be septic!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 5:38 AM
Transit Nerd

Just wondering, does anyone know whats going in behind the Shawnessy Superstore?

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 4:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post
Just wondering, does anyone know whats going in behind the Shawnessy Superstore?
Looks like it was a shooting:
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/asirt-inv...gary-1.4564247

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
Good thing I don't live in the suburbs

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Grizzly View Post
Give me a break. I can go research the stats that show that most of the crime happens in the inner-city, it’s not even debatable.

Don't encourage the trolls.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 11:26 PM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
I meant the construction between Superstore and the overpass lol, not the meth-head Winnipeg stuff i moved away from, thats suddenly started to appear in Calgary...

Theres some sort of development north of the Shawnessy superstore, with the roads already built for it and everything, but all they have on site is a bunch of vague signs. Seems like residential, but i have no idea.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 1:37 PM

Avli

Possession dates for unit owners expected to start in October. Cladding getting close to finished, back lane concrete has been poured. Possible 420 shop in lieu of liquor store in the commercial units!

August 15 photo, NE corner.

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 8:06 PM

I've deleted all the posts referencing SRC. The last time I checked this was SSP. I get that there are a lot of updates over there, but it's a different site, and all the posting of links to SRC is doing is driving people to that site.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 10:11 PM

The mansion

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 10:15 PM

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 10:17 PM

Extra larg mansion

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 7:34 AM
No man's land

You’re suspending users for posting links to SRC before there was a supposed ban on links to SRC?

Proper practice is to inform, delete/move relevant content, and then maybe suspend if someone breaks the “rule” repeatedly. Instead we’ll create a rule after we ban users for breaking the rule that wasn’t a rule when they posted. Sigh.

No wonder no one comes here with anything but a mansion update.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 2:26 PM
Moran supreme

It is an ugly home IMO.

On the whole SRC deal, just go there if you wish to see the stuff that's happening there and participate there if you wish. If someone is concerned about the quality of updates here or lack thereof here, then that someone should do something about that.

Personally, I try to help with construction and crane updates but I, like most, have a busy life and this site, nor any other, does not get a first row seat for my down time. I'm now having to turn away work in my little corner of the construction world which is a good problem to have but it means that my personal time has shrunk and has become more valuable as a result.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineN View Post
I've deleted all the posts referencing SRC. The last time I checked this was SSP. I get that there are a lot of updates over there, but it's a different site, and all the posting of links to SRC is doing is driving people to that site.
Thanks for doing that. It's too bad everyone has left to the other site, but it's still better late than never.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburgatory View Post
You’re suspending users for posting links to SRC before there was a supposed ban on links to SRC?

Proper practice is to inform, delete/move relevant content, and then maybe suspend if someone breaks the “rule” repeatedly. Instead we’ll create a rule after we ban users for breaking the rule that wasn’t a rule when they posted. Sigh.

Blaine told people to stop posting links to SRC a couple of different times. People don't need to be warned.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 6:04 PM

Quote:

Maybe there's more to it. I thought Suburbia had been just unbanned but now I see he's banned again. IIRC the last post I saw from him was a link to the unmentionable site. Now I'm wondering if I missed some gold. Anyway, it makes perfect sense why they don't want links to the competition.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
Maybe there's more to it. I thought Suburbia had been just unbanned but now I see he's banned again. IIRC the last post I saw from him was a link to the unmentionable site. Now I'm wondering if I missed some gold. Anyway, it makes perfect sense why they don't want links to the competition.
I can understand why they wouldn't want links posted to another site. Not that I care that much anyway. Like most others, I spend most of my time at the other site anyways, so posting links here at SRC is a waste of time, it's really only for the benefit of the 3 or 4 people who don't go to the other site.

The ironic part is that links to the other site were never posted here yet they still managed to take virtually all of the SSP members.

I only came to here to watch the battles between Suburbia and some of the other members. With Suburbia gone it seems pointless.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 2:15 AM
Transit Nerd

Quote:

I came here with a question about the develooment behind the Shawnessy Superstore last page/few days ago, yet no replies. Btw, SRC has nothing goin on SSP. Sometried an SRC Winnipeg and its been dead for years lmao. But seriously, can someone maybe help answer my question about the development behind the Shawnessy Superstore...?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 3:06 AM

Quote:
I came here with a question about the develooment behind the Shawnessy Superstore last page/few days ago, yet no replies. Btw, SRC has nothing goin on SSP. Sometried an SRC Winnipeg and its been dead for years lmao. But seriously, can someone maybe help answer my question about the development behind the Shawnessy Superstore...?
Um, yeah, I guess that's why SRC has added 50 or 60 new members in the last 6 months, most of who came from SSP while this forum has flat-lined.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Where in Shawnessey is the Superstore? I've been to the Walmart out there but don't recall seeing a Superstore in that massive retail area. Is it further north?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates