HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Jan 2, 2014, 6:27 PM

YQF - Red Deer Airport

[del]

Last edited by MalcolmTucker; Aug 28, 2017 at 9:25 PM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2014, 1:19 PM

Always wondered why Red Deer didn't have a proper commercial airport with passenger traffic. Guess being half way between Edmonton and Calgary means people drive first then fly...

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 10:17 PM

Wonder if WS will try out YQF with the Q400s. People that I've spoken to who live nearer to Red Deer than to YEG or YYC have mentioned YLW, YVR, etc when I asked where they would fly to from there.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 2:54 AM

[del]

Last edited by MalcolmTucker; Aug 28, 2017 at 9:25 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 3:49 AM

I remember when Charlottetown airport was so tiny when the WS 73NGs started flying in there. It was standing room only. Thank goodness they've expanded. Same goes for YMM. Can't wait for the new terminal there to open! It's elbows to elbows in the current hold room! So if WS does consider flying into YQF, which will come first: the flights or the terminal expansion?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 5:41 AM
Inflatable Hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmTucker View Post
The current terminal is too small for a Q400, though the masterplan has space set aside for a larger one. They might be able to load an older Dash there, but it would be a squeeze.
After 9/11 a lot of small US airports struggled with the space requirements for the TSA. A lot of them just relegated the original terminal to check-in and screening and added a modular structure on the apron to serve as a hold room.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2014, 5:51 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCguys View Post
Wonder if WS will try out YQF with the Q400s. People that I've spoken to who live nearer to Red Deer than to YEG or YYC have mentioned YLW, YVR, etc when I asked where they would fly to from there.
I think if YYT tries out the D400WS then YTD will be happy with a couple of TG560's if they can get the 600TG's to go to YYR then YBF will only need WS700's for proper servicing. Of course all of this depends on YYT letting YYS accepting commercial planes like the MV500 and the VFS430 which YYD has said they might not.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCguys View Post
I'd bet that markets other than YEG/YYC would work. ( . . . at least with DHC8-300s.)

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Policy Wonk View Post
After 9/11 a lot of small US airports struggled with the space requirements for the TSA. A lot of them just relegated the original terminal to check-in and screening and added a modular structure on the apron to serve as a hold room.
The airport in Bellingham, WA fit that description to a T until recently.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia