HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 22, 2020, 3:46 PM
Show me the blueprints

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but since were talkin bricks... why don't we see more glazed brick? I love the look of it, always have. Is it the cost? Does it perform poorly in harsh climates? What's the deal?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 22, 2020, 4:10 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
They will just chip the damaged veneer section out and glue a new piece of veneer in with mortar or caulk.
Yeah, they should probably also protect the panels better during shipment... looks like they have no protection right now. A few cents worth of foam and bubble wrap is a lot cheaper than paying a union mason to fix chipped bricks!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2020, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Yeah, they should probably also protect the panels better during shipment... looks like they have no protection right now. A few cents worth of foam and bubble wrap is a lot cheaper than paying a union mason to fix chipped bricks!
Yeah, but the mason comes out of somebody else’s budget.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2020, 11:26 PM
you know where I'll be

1408 S Wabash - Goodbye Lagrange

Crains is reporting that CMK purchased the 1408 S Wabash development site. Huge. Because that means there is a 14,597% chance that there will be a new, infinitely better design architect hired (or already has been hired). "We'll take things from here, Lucien. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, thanks."

Old Posted Apr 23, 2020, 11:31 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
Ummm,

a) this site qualifies for no-parking TOD

2) 600 S. Clark is in Ald. King's ward, not Dowell's

iii) Ald. King seemed OK with that Collective project on LaSalle

But it's worth remembering that this is probably just a rendering commissioned so a potential purchaser could imagine the possibilities for the parcel. I doubt it would make it through engineering or a subsequent pro forma. There's reasons we only have three crescent-shaped buildings in the entire city.

Late to the game on this, but your last point here was my very first thought. This is (overwhelmingly likely to be) just a rendering the seller's broker paid for to put in the marketing package - nothing more. Not part of an actual proposal.

Still miss the the proposed Roszak design for this parcel.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Crains is reporting that CMK purchased the 1408 S Wabash development site. Huge. Because that means there is a 14,597% chance that there will be a new, infinitely better design architect hired (or already has been hired). "We'll take things from here, Lucien. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, thanks."
Link?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2020, 4:08 AM
Urbane observer

CMK paid $5.9 million last month for a parking lot at 1400 S. Wabash Ave., directly across the street from a 261-unit apartment building it completed last year, confirmed Dan Reynolds, director at Chicago-based Jones Lang LaSalle, who brokered the sale.

CMK bought the lot from American Landmark Properties, which received the city’s approval in 2016 for a 296-unit apartment tower on the site.

CMK isn’t saying what it plans for the property—President and CEO Colin Kihnke didn’t respond to requests for comment—but apartments are a logical choice. In addition to Coeval, the 261-unit project across the street, the firm developed a 307-unit apartment building a block north, at 1333 S. Wabash Ave., and is building a 349-unit rental tower at 717 S. Clark St.

Skokie-based American Landmark hired Chicago architect Lucien Lagrange to design a 296-unit tower in a French Provincial style, receiving a zoning change for the project in the fall of 2016. It’s unclear why the firm decided not to move forward with construction. An American Landmark executive did not respond to requests for comment.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/comm...high-rise-site

Old Posted Apr 24, 2020, 2:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Official address is 1400 S Wabash. The latest drawings I have, dated 4/10, show Pappageorge Haymes as the new AOR. There's no accompanying renderings besides a shot of the street-level entrance and 2nd floor parking level, which shows charcoal and dark grey brick, with white louvers.

Still 27 stories and definitely an improvement from LaGrange!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2020, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
CMK paid $5.9 million last month for a parking lot at 1400 S. Wabash Ave., directly across the street from a 261-unit apartment building it completed last year, confirmed Dan Reynolds, director at Chicago-based Jones Lang LaSalle, who brokered the sale.

CMK bought the lot from American Landmark Properties, which received the city’s approval in 2016 for a 296-unit apartment tower on the site.

CMK isn’t saying what it plans for the property—President and CEO Colin Kihnke didn’t respond to requests for comment—but apartments are a logical choice. In addition to Coeval, the 261-unit project across the street, the firm developed a 307-unit apartment building a block north, at 1333 S. Wabash Ave., and is building a 349-unit rental tower at 717 S. Clark St.

Skokie-based American Landmark hired Chicago architect Lucien Lagrange to design a 296-unit tower in a French Provincial style, receiving a zoning change for the project in the fall of 2016. It’s unclear why the firm decided not to move forward with construction. An American Landmark executive did not respond to requests for comment.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/comm...high-rise-site
Awesome. I looked down at that parking lot every day, it is a patchy mess. I remember the leasing agent(who doesn't work for our particular building) saying that they've been trying to build on that site for some time. Nice to see things moving forward.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2020, 3:41 PM

Parkline - 50 E Randolph

Old Posted Apr 25, 2020, 4:53 PM
THAT Guy

1200 W Carroll - Sterling Bay

Old Posted Apr 25, 2020, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post

Nice

Old Posted Apr 25, 2020, 6:53 PM

Old Town Park

Old Posted Apr 25, 2020, 9:32 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post

It's like they snapped off the top of 56 Leonard.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 12:37 AM

Love it, as long as the glass doesn't end up blue. Looks like stacked structural steel which is think is appropriate considering Chicago's high rise history.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 6:17 PM

1200 W Carroll... nice, but I am not aware of any glass that clear that comes close to meeting Chicago's energy code...

really doesn't matter though... I would be shocked if any project not yet started doesn't get killed... we are undoubtedly looking at another depression, the only thing to be determined is whether it will be 'greater' than the last one...

Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilsenarch View Post
1200 W Carroll... nice, but I am not aware of any glass that clear that comes close to meeting Chicago's energy code...

really doesn't matter though... I would be shocked if any project not yet started doesn't get killed... we are undoubtedly looking at another depression, the only thing to be determined is whether it will be 'greater' than the last one...
Salesforce Tower just got $500M in funding the other day and is starting construction. Maybe these ones further out though - it depends on who their target companies are.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 7:15 PM

On an optimistic note, when this blows over people may embrace office culture unlike any time before, and even if flexible WFH plans are created for employees, the companies likely need to lease enough space to handle their max occupancy (or close to). My growing firm scales our offices to meet max capacity even though M-Th up to 75% of the office is at a client site (consulting).

Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 7:31 PM

320 N Sangamon - Amerigas

Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 8:17 PM

Gr333n - 333 N Green

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations