HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 9:14 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

1/11/15

Mormon Temple

Rodeph Shalom, 1221 Mount Vernon residential conversion (background), North Broad light mast base (foreground)

1300 block of Noble Street infill

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 9:57 PM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Aaamazarite, nice update, as usual.

As far as the sign on the Lit Bros building, I think it will be pretty cool. I don't think it will detract from the building, but it bring an interesting mix of tradition and modern technology together. As someone else said, it can be removed, or updated at some point in the future.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Interesting...I hope Point 3 involves a relocation of jobs from Cherry Hill, Voorhees, or the 3M and does NOT stem from the poaching of a Philadelphia company...
Oh me too, believe me.

Quote:
Curtis Center will be a ‘central hub’ for Washington Square
Big changes are coming to Washington Square.

About seven months after the Curtis Center was purchased for $125 million by Keystone Property Group and Mack-Cali Reality Corp., plans have been firmed up for a mixed-use redevelopment of the historic building facing the square along Walnut Street between Sixth and Seventh.

Among the changes at the 12-story building will be luxury apartments, a departure from its current primary use as office space.

“We want to create a vibrant pedestrian experience … a 24-hour destination,” said Jennifer Cooperman, development director for Keystone.
Full at http://www.philly.com/philly/classif...MwvoHqvmsC6.99

Last edited by josef; Jan 12, 2015 at 4:24 PM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 5:46 PM

I'd say most people would call this tacky, yet it's one of the most famous places in the world...

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 8:54 PM

Update on Penn's Neural Behavioral Sciences Center
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...y-look-so-cool

Walnut Street Estates at 22nd and Walnut to begin construction in March
http://philly.curbed.com/archives/20...y-for-225m.php

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Walnut Street Estates at 22nd and Walnut to begin construction in March
http://philly.curbed.com/archives/20...y-for-225m.php
I think I don't quite understand the person who wants to buy a house in a "5,000 Square Feet, 2-Car Garage, Gated Community" but who also wants to live in a city.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josef View Post
I think I don't quite understand the person who wants to buy a house in a "5,000 Square Feet, 2-Car Garage, Gated Community" but who also wants to live in a city.
I know lots. Certainly the most comfortable way to live in the city if you have more than 1 kid. If you can afford it. Really, the best of both worlds. You get a spacious house with private parking, a roofdeck, and close proximity to green space (depending) but are can take advantage of city nightlife and restaurants, and otherwise take advantage of what the city has to offer. This and other lower cost but large size townhouse developments are having great sales. These are still much cheaper than equivalent space in luxury highrises (you are talking $5 mil MIN for this kind of space in any condo), so projects like these are the most feasible way for (wealthy but not absurdly wealthy) families to stay in the city.

Ostroff's development here is not actually "gated." That's really a misnomer.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 9:23 PM

Quote:
It's obvious who would: a married couple who are both doctors.

In other words, a pair o' docs.

[Do you get it? ]

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 9:34 PM

Quote:
I know lots. Certainly the most comfortable way to live in the city if you have more than 1 kid. If you can afford it. Really, the best of both worlds. You get a spacious house with private parking, a roofdeck, and close proximity to green space (depending) but are can take advantage of city nightlife and restaurants, and otherwise take advantage of what the city has to offer. This and other lower cost but large size townhouse developments are having great sales. These are still much cheaper than equivalent space in luxury highrises (you are talking $5 mil MIN for this kind of space in any condo), so projects like these are the most feasible way for (wealthy but not absurdly wealthy) families to stay in the city.

Ostroff's development here is not actually "gated." That's really a misnomer.
Sure, fair enough. I'm glad people who want that have options in Philly! I think the "gated" part was what stuck out the most, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
It's obvious who would: a married couple who are both doctors.

In other words, a pair o' docs.

[Do you get it? ]
OH I GET IT! Haha.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Sure, fair enough. I'm glad people who want that have options in Philly! I think the "gated" part was what stuck out the most, really.

Agreed. Gated as in the front door being blocked off would be a bit much in the city. It's "gated" in the sense that the driveway to access the rear of the units and the garages is gated. You can walk right up to the front door. I'm glad to see developers focusing on some options for more affluent families who would like to remain in the city. If we can fix the schools, more middle-class families will stay. But that's a whole nother can of worms...

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Agreed. Gated as in the front door being blocked off would be a bit much in the city. It's "gated" in the sense that the driveway to access the rear of the units and the garages is gated. You can walk right up to the front door. I'm glad to see developers focusing on some options for more affluent families who would like to remain in the city. If we can fix the schools, more middle-class families will stay. But that's a whole nother can of worms...
Ohhhh, is that what they consider "gated"? I thought it meant like, a literal wall like at Naval Square.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 1:09 PM

Tom Wolf picks MontCo Commissioner and DVRPC Chair Leslie Richards to head PennDOT

Nice to have a public transportation and urban planning advocate in charge of PennDOT.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 3:39 PM
Show me the blueprints

Anyone know why Naked Philly seems to be inactive?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 4:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Anyone know why Naked Philly seems to be inactive?
I noticed that as well. Nothing much posted in last couple of days. Vacation maybe?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I noticed that as well. Nothing much posted in last couple of days. Vacation maybe?
Maybe they got hacked by Kenyetta Johnson.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 5:46 PM

Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 5:34 PM

Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 6:16 PM

Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 6:22 PM

Rodin Square/Dalian on Fairmounr

One of the tower crane bases have been installed. I believe there will be two, maybe three for this project.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
This is an issue that I think everyone on this forum can get pissed off about. Can we commit to calling city council members to oppose this? Every phone call to an elected official's office, notwithstanding the quality of our city council, makes a big impact. This guy is like Rappaport. He just wants to make money with the least effort possible. And if we let him get his way, the 2100 block of market street, a place where in reality our next supertall should conceivably be located, could be a surface parking lot for at least a generation.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development