HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > SSP: Local Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Today, 4:28 AM

The 300ft view cone is, I think, the same one that limited the Telus office tower (render below)
- so the question is whether - if Telus got all those perks (protruding boxes and all)
but not extra height - will Holborn get height?

Holborn's advantage is that it is above Granville Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Form View Post

And the placement of the office tower.

All pix by Built Form
UDP comments on Telus office and that view cone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Office Building at Georgia and Richards Streets

... The office tower is restricted by view cone 9.1, Cambie Street to North Shore Mountains, limiting the height for this component of the proposal.

The proposed office height is 289 feet, which includes a slight incursion into the Cambie Street view corridor. This incursion into the view corridor would be for the photovoltaic appurtenances on the roof of the project. Staff feel this minimal incursion into the view corridor is consistent with previous discretion used in other circumstances, and serves the City’s sustainability interests.

Last edited by officedweller; Today at 4:42 AM.

Old Posted Today, 4:51 AM

I'd saved copies of some of the City's boards from that higher building review (early 2010?), in which all of the sites other than Burrard Gateway were rejected - these would make a big impact on the skyline:

Fullscreen capture 30102014 94151 PM by 604 City, on Flickr

Fullscreen capture 30102014 94457 PM by 604 City, on Flickr

Fullscreen capture 30102014 94358 PM by 604 City, on Flickr

Old Posted Today, 4:53 AM

Nice, thanks.
That would do a lot to balance out the skyline.

Old Posted Today, 5:48 AM

If I propose to tear down Cambie street bridge (just like the Gerogia viaducts), will the viewcone bylaw become void as well?

Old Posted Today, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
If I propose to tear down Cambie street bridge (just like the Gerogia viaducts), will the viewcone bylaw become void as well?

Old Posted Today, 7:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
No. you'd have to tear down City Hall - the view cone they mention is from 12th Ave - i.e. the City Hall view cone.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > SSP: Local Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver