HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Parks, Metro, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 7:38 PM

AIA Portland 2014 Homes Tour: Crafted + Creative Infill

Is anyone else planning on doing this? Or have any opinions on any of the buildings? [Full disclosure: I worked on one of the projects included on the tour].

Quote:
Look how the neighborhood has changed: Infill dwellings on AIA Portland 2014 Homes Tour, part of Design Week Portland

The lots were underutilized or held a structure that the owner wanted replaced. Architects stepped in to create housing projects to satisfy the landowner's ideal and match the inner Portland neighborhoods.

Did they succeed? You decide.

You can go inside eight contemporary houses, apartments and townhouses on AIA Portland's 2014 Homes Tour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 11. Tickets ($40) can be picked up at the AIA Portland office, 403 NW 11th Ave. (503-223-8757).
...continues at the Oregonian.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 9:04 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

Yeah, thinking about it. Pretty steep ticket price, IMO.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 9:57 PM

I think it's one of the major ways that AIA Portland raises money to fund the operation of the Center for Architecture.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2014, 11:17 PM

Did anyone else go on? I'd be interested in hearing people's opinions of the various homes.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Parks, Metro, Urban Design & Heritage Issues