HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 11:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
Leasing plan has been posted online for the new Atlantic Superstore and Shoppers Drug Mart plaza on Dieppe Blvd. https://plaza.ca/plaza-properties/di...ulevard-plaza/

Good to finally have the site plan released.

The standalone signage facing Dieppe Blvd had spots available for about eight retailers (including Superstore and Shoppers), so, it isn't at all a surprise to see additional CRUs available in this plaza.

So, a grand total of seven units. It will be interesting to see what will occupy that large standalone CRU measuring 8,260 sq ft. I'm banking on a food option myself. This is also the only unit that could potentially include a drive-thru if necessary.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 1, 2024 at 2:30 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 1:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

- Shoppers Drug Mart should be open in 2-3 weeks time.
- Superstore opening is apparently delayed. Not sure why. This store may not open until August.
- Dogtopia signage has been installed on the vacant CRU in the strip mall immediately across Hartnett Street, next to Global Pet Food

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 1:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Apparently the replacement restaurant (for St. James Gate) in the Fox Creek Golf Course clubhouse will be Boulevard Kitchen & Bar. The rumour is that several city restauranteurs are going in on this project together.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 2:55 PM

SE Corner of Melanson and Dieppe Blvd

My wife noticed excavation work being done on the lot at the SE corner of Melanson and Dieppe Blvd. Anyone know what is going there? Has it been rezoned from mixed commercial? It was supposed to be a commercial hub at that intersection, but I know plans change. Anyone have a line of sight through the peticodiac clear waters of dieppe planning?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 3:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Southeast corner? There is a large multibuilding apartment complex planned for this site. The land was cleared last year to get ahead of the new tree bylaw that Dieppe instituted. So, now, excavation has begun, eh? I might have to take a swing by........

It isn't 100% for certain, but the above render may be what they have planned for this lot.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 2:59 PM

A bit more info on the extension of Dieppe Blvd from the latest edition of Dieppe MAG:

- It is a $42M project
- Will take four years to complete
- Not much physical work will be done in 2024 as they are completing studies and finalizing the actual route. Might be some light activity
- There will be a new water tower built with the project (does not say where)

Other road work planned for 2024:

- New roundabout at Gauvin/Lafrance
- Resurfacing Gauvin between Lafrance and Pascal
- Microsurfacing Gauvin between Marche and Bras d'Or
- Microsurfacing Melanson from Dieppe Blvd to city limits
- Creation of a multipurpose trail on Fox Creek and Melanson
- Installation of traffic lights at Dieppe Blvd and Caleb

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 9:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Signage has gone up for the new Shoppers Drug Mart on Dieppe Blvd.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 9:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Southeast corner? There is a large multibuilding apartment complex planned for this site. The land was cleared last year to get ahead of the new tree bylaw that Dieppe instituted. So, now, excavation has begun, eh? I might have to take a swing by........

It isn't 100% for certain, but the above render may be what they have planned for this lot.
Drove by late this afternoon. Definitely some heavy duty site prep going on. The entire lot is being cleared of organic debris and is being levelled.

I wonder if construction will follow later this year.........

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 20, 2024 at 10:16 PM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 12:57 PM

Hiked the Future Dieppe Blvd Extension

On Saturday, I hiked from the current end of Dieppe Blvd to Dover Road along the path of the new thoroughfare through the woods. The route of the new roadway has been blazed through the forest. It looks like they had an excavator, likely with a tree cutting attachment on it, clear the route. There are survey stakes and it appears that the route has been quite clearly established. It mostly crosses through forest stunted by wet areas. The cut ends about 200 m from Amirault street, where the path will cross a swamp. I foolishly walked through the swamp, because with all the dead grass from the winter, it just looked like a field. It was just dead swamp grass and rushes crushed down over top of ankle-keep water, as it turned out. I can post some pictures, but I seem to need to link to another site or something for that, so I'll have to figure that out, I guess. What do others use to share pics on here?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 1:00 PM

IMGUR is easiest.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 1:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audevourahn View Post
What do others use to share pics on here?
I use Flickr, which is an excellent site, but, many first time users do not find it intuitive. Tinypic or Imgur are good.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 1:50 PM

Dieppe Boulevard related, I wonder if there's any plan to extend Harrisville Boulevard north over Humphrey's Brook to expand the industrial park?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 2:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
Dieppe Boulevard related, I wonder if there's any plan to extend Harrisville Boulevard north over Humphrey's Brook to expand the industrial park?
That possibility exists. It has been discussed. At present however, there are no plans to do so. MID instead seems to be gobbling up other lands elsewhere in Moncton for industrial expansion.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 2:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The McDonalds on Dieppe Blvd is now closed for renovation.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 4:39 PM

Anybody got news on the Five Guys rumor in Retail Talk?

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 5:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new kid in town View Post
Anybody got news on the Five Guys rumor in Retail Talk?
I saw it, but, there is really nothing new there that we didn't already know 4-5 years ago.

Five Guys is committed to the Moncton market. When they first set up on the east coast, they wanted locations in Halifax, Moncton and St. John's (NL). Moncton is still waiting.

The issue in Moncton is that most of the major plazas already have burger joints with restrictive covenants preventing any new burger restaurants from setting up shop. Five Guys has yet to find a suitable location.

Personally, I don't knw why they haven't set up in the Petitcodiac or Champlain plazas across from CF Champlain. I don't think there is anything stopping them from going there. Another possibility is the new Dieppe Blvd plaza where the new Shoppers is, and where Superstore is going.

In any event, Dieppe would be the safer option, given that Big League (which is a Five Guys clone) has locked up the northwest end.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I saw it, but, there is really nothing new there that we didn't already know 4-5 years ago.

Five Guys is committed to the Moncton market. When they first set up on the east coast, they wanted locations in Halifax, Moncton and St. John's (NL). Moncton is still waiting.

The issue in Moncton is that most of the major plazas already have burger joints with restrictive covenants preventing any new burger restaurants from setting up shop. Five Guys has yet to find a suitable location.

Personally, I don't knw why they haven't set up in the Petitcodiac or Champlain plazas across from CF Champlain. I don't think there is anything stopping them from going there. Another possibility is the new Dieppe Blvd plaza where the new Shoppers is, and where Superstore is going.

In any event, Dieppe would be the safer option, given that Big League (which is a Five Guys clone) has locked up the northwest end.
Thanks.

I also just realized I meant to post this on the Moncton Retail thread but I guess Dieppe had more options to consider oops

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 7:59 PM

Quote:
The city's recent urban growth strategy effectively says the Caledonia industrial park has reached its growth limits based on the geography of the area.

Extending Harrisville straight out from its current location would go directly into provincially designated wetland. Swinging east goes outside Moncton city limits - and into this massive parcel owned by Dieppe (I think from back when it was considering its own water supply).

That Dieppe parcel abuts Moncton's Irishtown park.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 8:08 PM

PAOL says the big square parcel is actually in Maple Hills. No part of Dieppe extends north of Route 15-- so is it just 'land in Maple Hills owned by the City of Dieppe' or am I off base?

Supporting map [PDF] https://www.electionsnb.ca/content/d...aple-Hills.pdf

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 8:15 PM

Quote:
PAOL says the big square parcel is actually in Maple Hills. No part of Dieppe extends north of Route 15-- so is it just 'land in Maple Hills owned by the City of Dieppe' or am I off base?

Supporting map [PDF] https://www.electionsnb.ca/content/d...aple-Hills.pdf
Dieppe expropriated it two decades ago.

Last edited by MonctonPerson; Apr 9, 2024 at 8:19 PM. Reason: Adding image.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces