HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 23, 2023, 8:16 PM
Mulan M.

Smile NEW YORK | Independence Plaza Tower (Tribeca) | 940 FT | FLOORS

"Their initial plan: a 900-foot tower that would land on Greenwich at Jay, just north of 310 Greenwich — the southernmost of the three towers that make up Independence Plaza. (The other two are 40 Harrison and 80 N. Moore.) The building would be constructed atop the public plaza where PS 150 used to be, and (I think) would require the demolition of the townhouses there and on Greenwich.

A spokesperson for Stellar Management saw my original post and asked that I add this statement:

Independence Plaza’s current zoning would permit the construction of additional floor area above that existing today. Stellar Management and Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) are in the early stages of exploring a project that would create market rate and affordable housing, while making significant improvements to the streetscape, open space, and retail frontage; enabling the owners to attract businesses that better serve community needs.

Stellar and VNO are committed to working in partnership with Independence Plaza residents and the Tribeca community to ensure this project addresses those needs. The non-ULURP modification process will require preparation of a full Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) that assesses the project’s impacts on shadows, traffic, schools, neighboring buildings, and other matters. This process will include a number of opportunities for community members and others to provide feedback.

Marte said the developers said they are still several years off — maybe five before construction starts.

“It seems like it’s in the early stages,” the councilmember said. “They are hiring a team to flesh it out a bit further. Me and my team are against this tower — we don’t need more luxury development in this area.” The developers, he said, were unclear how much affordable housing would be included.

The development is zoned as a C6-4, which permits high-bulk, high-rise, mixed-use buildings — meaning it can be both commercial and residential. C6-4 districts have a maximum FAR (floor area ration) of 10.0 or 15.0 — meaning the total area of the buildings can be 10 times or 15 times their footprint. In these districts, floor area may be increased by a bonus for a public plaza or Inclusionary (affordable) Housing. It looks like the gross floor area of the entire development — nine buildings — up to N. Moore is 2 million square feet, when you examine the city’s zoning maps. That sounds like it will add up to a LOT of buildable square footage."

https://tribecacitizen.com/2023/11/2...ge-1/#comments

Credit:
http://www.tribecatrib.com/content/9...pendence-plaza

Last edited by chris08876; Nov 24, 2023 at 3:13 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals