HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 12:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A couple of more interior images of the new complex, also from the CBC article:

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
Riverview gets updated look at recreation centre with pool, field house

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...EEgDTPkTNsk7EY
Looks amazing!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 3:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Excellent Infinity Aerials drone shot of the Trailways development on Gunningsville Blvd, showing it's intimate relationship to the skating oval (and the sledding hill).

Eventually the Trailways will consist of three similar apartment buildings, and, with the apartment cluster on nearby Quinn Court, will create quite the little population node off of Gunningsville Blvd. This should help to spur even more development in Findlay Park in the future.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 10:12 PM

There's so much undeveloped land around Findlay Park. I foresee a lot more residential and commercial development in the next few years. The Kent store alone will be a major addition. And who knows what's currently in the planning stages that hasn't been made public yet.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
There's so much undeveloped land around Findlay Park. I foresee a lot more residential and commercial development in the next few years. The Kent store alone will be a major addition. And who knows what's currently in the planning stages that hasn't been made public yet.
I definitely see a couple more apartment buildings next to the Thrive property in the not too distant future...I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
I definitely see a couple more apartment buildings next to the Thrive property in the not too distant future...I'd be surprised if there wasn't.
You're right. Their building on Gunningsville is the first of 3 to be constructed on that parcel of land. It's called Dobson Crossing, totaling 250 units.

https://thriveproperties.ca/projects/dobson-crossing/

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 3:52 PM

There's a rezoning application on today's Council of the Whole agenda. It is to permit 2 x 71 units apartment buildings on Buckingham Avenue adjacent to the Riverview High School.

https://townofriverview-pub.escribem...cumentId=18361

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorth View Post
There's a rezoning application on today's Council of the Whole agenda. It is to permit 2 x 71 units apartment buildings on Buckingham Avenue adjacent to the Riverview High School.

https://townofriverview-pub.escribem...cumentId=18361

This is one development that I’m actually against, which is rare for me. My parents live on Buckingham and so I know first hand that road is already really busy. There is often cars speeding, and I’ve nearly got high a few times coming out of their driveway, which is right over the edge of the hill near Bradford. Two 4 storey apartment buildings will be to much for the area imo. Maybe smaller buildings would work better, or perhaps townhouses. I’m not against their being development on this location, but this is an to many people in my opinion.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 5:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here is the proposal (for informational purposes):

Locator Map

Site Map

Rendering

I will not speak towards the traffic situation as I have no idea how bad it is presently, although josh makes a convincing case for problems with speeding. It would seem to me however that this plan will likely be unpopular for those residents on Buckingham who will suddenly find a couple of four storey building going up quite literally in their backyard.

I predict a bumpy road ahead for this proposal, even without shadows and tomato gardens..........

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 8:20 PM

They started clearing trees for the new Kent to be built

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 8:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good stuff. I thought that would be happening this winter, and I even drove by there a couple of times to see if anything was underway.

I imagine construction will be starting this spring once the ground thaws.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Good stuff. I thought that would be happening this winter, and I even drove by there a couple of times to see if anything was underway.

I imagine construction will be starting this spring once the ground thaws.
That's going to be a big addition to this part of town. It'll drive a lot of customers into Findlay Park.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 12:32 PM

Adding some density around school areas is always nice. I've always been a huge supporter of students being able to walk to school, particularly in todays world.

But yeah, theres no way the home owners arent gonna be riled up about an apartment building going in the backyard, although perhaps if there is still a small amount of trees separating them. To me its more of a privacy issue than a traffic one having lived over in that area for quite some time.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Adding some density around school areas is always nice. I've always been a huge supporter of students being able to walk to school, particularly in todays world.

But yeah, theres no way the home owners arent gonna be riled up about an apartment building going in the backyard, although perhaps if there is still a small amount of trees separating them. To me its more of a privacy issue than a traffic one having lived over in that area for quite some time.
Yeah the people there probably aren’t going to want those apartments in their back yard. I wouldn’t have a problem with a development being here, just not one of this size.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 10:11 PM

I think the developer had taken into consideration the homes. If you look, you can see they are putting a grass/tree area, then parking, then apartments. So they are really creating a big buffer between the houses and the actually apartments. I feel like that can ease some people’s worries, because they won’t have someone looking in their back window.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
I think the developer had taken into consideration the homes. If you look, you can see they are putting a grass/tree area, then parking, then apartments. So they are really creating a big buffer between the houses and the actually apartments. I feel like that can ease some people’s worries, because they won’t have someone looking in their back window.
it is hard to visualize that project fitting in that space , but it must

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 4:40 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

GeoNB Map Viewer is showing that at max. its 250ft. from property line to property line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTY386 View Post
it is hard to visualize that project fitting in that space , but it must

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

GeoNB Map Viewer is showing that at max. its 250ft. from property line to property line.
Lots of room, a standard apartment building like that is only 70 feet wide.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 1:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

T&T article about the apartment building proposal off of Buckingham adjacent to Riverview High School:

https://tj.news/times-and-transcript/102071929 (paywall)

Town council voted to proceed with the rezoning process, which will include a submission to PAC, a public hearing and a second council vote.

Of note, the proposal vows to maintain current pathways used by students between Buckingham and RHS. Two cul-de-sacs will be created to facilitate traffic turn around and student drop off from Buckingham and a traffic impact study will be done.

Site plan showing the two cul-de-sacs to be created. In some ways, this might actually decrease congestion on Buckingham.

The main issue that I can see is the loss of privacy for current homeowners on Buckingham, but, there appears to be room here for a treed buffer, and the buildings appear to be about 150 feet from the rear of their property lines, so this might not be an issue. This proposal however will no doubt be controversial, and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 12:51 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Land clearing for the new Kent store on the NE corner of Findlay/Gunningsville Blvds in Findlay Park is now complete, and site prep is also well underway. Given the rapid progress, I suspect Irving wants this new store open by this fall.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 17, 2023 at 1:03 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces