HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

125 Greenwich Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 12, 2016, 3:43 AM
New Yorker for life

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/5/11/11653...ttan-model-nyc

Art Installation Depicts the So-Called 'New Downtown' For NYCxDESIGN
The model of Lower Manhattan is a clever marketing tactic for Rafael Viñoly's downtown skyscraper

BY AMEENA WALKER
MAY 11, 2016

Quote:
Developers sure do like to go out of their way to hype their buildings. To wit: the team behind 125 Greenwich Street (Michael Shvo, Bizzi & Partners Development, and New Valley) commissioned Snarkitecture, which bills itself as a "collaborative and experimental practice operating in territories between art and architecture," to create a model of the so-called "new downtown," including buildings like the World Trade Center and—duh—125 Greenwich Street.

The developers wanted the installation to commemorate the new Rafael Viñoly-designed tower, which will rise nearly 900 feet over Lower Manhattan. Snarkitecture delivered with an installation depicting the area’s landscape using white fiberglass rods for the landscape and white lacquered solid shapes as the landscape-dominating One World Trade Center.

The piece will be on display at Astor Place as part of NYCxDESIGN through May 15th.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 28, 2016, 4:32 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Seems like this is taking forever.

Credit: Walpole

Old Posted May 28, 2016, 7:40 PM
DENNAB

"nearly 900 feet?"

Probably just another author who has no idea what they're talking about, I hope it's higher, last we heard it was 990 to the top occupied floor.

Old Posted May 28, 2016, 8:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Yeah at 88 floors or so, no way its 900 ft unless they are building ceiling heights from the 1920s. A super tall definitely. If anything, at the height of 175 Greenwich when we factor in the crown and/or mechanical (at least I'm hoping). I just wish these developers would stop the secrecy game and just tell us with 100% confidence what the height is. Its getting annoying that Shvo follows the way of Barnett.

I'd rather get some bad news right off the bat than have to wait for it and expect something miraculous in the meantime. If its not 1356 feet, they should say so. All it does is lead to mis info and speculation on the part of the tabloids.

Had Greenland Group worked on this project, it would be finished already. Its taking way to long.

Old Posted May 29, 2016, 8:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Yeah at 88 floors or so, no way its 900 ft unless they are building ceiling heights from the 1920s.
Depends if it's 88 real floors or the crap they spew nowadays where they call a 60 story building 88 floors because it's the same height as an 88 story building USED to be.

Old Posted May 29, 2016, 11:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Unless Shvo is marketing this towards Asian buyers? 88 is a lucky number for the Chinese. Fortune be upon thee and so on. Also indicates wealth.

If they use a 12' ceiling height, this is over 300m. I doubt anything less with the type of market that 125 Greenwich is seeking. Assuming its 88 actual floors.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2016, 3:48 AM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
06/02/2016

INSTALLATION OF URW306 MINI CRANE AS PER PLAN FILED HEREWITH.

Tower will include 364 units.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
that is alot of units. Either this thing is just massive or it is targeting single professionals and is pretty much all studios. At 80 Floors that would be somewhere between 4 to 5 units per floor. And I am going to assume the are going to have a few full floor pads near the top.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2016, 10:41 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I wonder if the higher units are a response to the slow down in the ultra luxury sector? I was expecting this to go a little lower. But I could see why they would add many more. Less extreme pricing and a much better chance to recuperate the initial investment.

In terms of units, I still think we need to see the rise of towers that have at least 1000 units in them. And many of them. The Silverstein Tower on the West Side was suppose to have over 1200+. Would of been the single largest concentration of units in the city under one roof. Still, a nice jab at the housing situation, but the fate remains unknown on that or if it will even come to fruition. Probably downscaled I'd imagine.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 3:05 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokilamockingbrd View Post
that is alot of units. Either this thing is just massive or it is targeting single professionals and is pretty much all studios. At 80 Floors that would be somewhere between 4 to 5 units per floor. And I am going to assume the are going to have a few full floor pads near the top.
Not sure, but the documents list the total number of units at 364.

Quote from an earlier article:

Quote:
Shvo is aiming for a broader market at 125 Greenwich St., where he’s leading a partnership that’s planning to build lower Manhattan’s tallest residential tower, at more than 1,000 feet (305 meters). Eighty percent of the 275 apartments will be listed for less than $3 million, including 58 studios, some as small as 400 square feet, Shvo said. The biggest share of units, 129, will be one-bedrooms.

That's almost a hundred more units, so maybe they've been evolving the size of the apartments, with more studios and 1 bedrooms.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2016, 4:27 AM

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 12:45 PM
don't *meddle*...

Worst supertall design in the city ...

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 3:35 PM
Ex Houstonian

Yeah, that's pretty effing bad

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 3:41 PM
DENNAB

I don't like the very top or the open space but other than that it's not *that* bad.

I would guess it's 1000 or so feet? Not a bad addition...

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 10:06 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

If there are any future updated renderings, they can be found here: http://www.de-simone.com/projects/

For some reason, this project has a 404 error when clicking on it in the portfolio. Maybe they realized its a crappy design. Hopefully they are tweaking it. This is turning out to be a disaster of a super tall or near super tall.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 11:48 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Foundation Complete For 72-Story, 275-Unit Mixed-Use Tower At 125 Greenwich Street, Financial District

Quote:
Foundation work is now complete at 125 Greenwich Street, in the Financial District, the site of a planned 72-story, 275-unit mixed-use tower being developed by SHVO (headed by Michael Shvo), Vector Group, New Valley, and Bizzi & Partners Development. The concrete pit is now ready to make way for the tower portion, as seen in a photo by ILNY that was posted to the YIMBY Forums. The exact dimensions of building are not known, as the permits at the Buildings Department have yet to be amended, but we know it will rise 898 feet above street level (per Curbed NY) and will encompass roughly 450,000 square feet. There will be 20,000 square feet of retail space in its base and 16,000 square feet of residential amenities, including multiple terraces throughout the tower. The residential units will also be condominiums, ranging from studios to a triplex penthouse. Rafael Viñoly Architects is behind the design. Earlier this year, the developers were in the process of securing financing through various sources. Completion is expected in 2018.

==========================
NYY

Old Posted Jun 21, 2016, 9:10 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: mchlanglo793

Old Posted Jun 21, 2016, 9:44 PM
DENNAB

It still looks taller than 898 feet compared to 4WTC, the design however is kinda meh, still excited to see how it turns out though.

Sort of a wasted opportunity but I'm trying to be happy about it I guess...?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2016, 10:03 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post

Sort of a wasted opportunity but I'm trying to be happy about it I guess...?
I'm still not sold that this is the final design. Given the uncertainty and secrecy behind precise details, I think we should all wait until final permits and specs are released.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2016, 10:12 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I'm still not sold that this is the final design. Given the uncertainty and secrecy behind precise details, I think we should all wait until final permits and specs are released.
It'd be nice if it wasn't, provided that you know... it doesn't get worse.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction