HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 7:52 AM

All seismic systems that exist today have the idea of the horizontal seismic isolation.
The seismic system I propose is very different from other seismic systems.
a) It is the first sentence Awards I suggesting the clamped structure to the ground.
b) It is the first time worldwide that I suggest applying a reaction at the highest point of the roof, to stop the deformation of construction.
c) It is the first time worldwide that I suggest a system able to deflection earthquake loadings, to stronger cross-section able to receive the shear stress.
If you know a static model which will be able to stand on this seismic base.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6og4VWFcGA
please tell me to do the experiment

Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 9:38 AM

THE ULTIMATE CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM FOR EARTHQUAKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaNZcHBKRI

The earthquakes in recent years around the world have put in first priority the major social and economic issue of the seismic behavior and overall seismic protection of structures against earthquakes .
Various methods have been developed to optimize the response of structures to seismic action
An important part of developments for seismic strengthening of buildings, does not agree with modern architectural needs , which require as much as possible free plans ( unbalanced construction) and reduction of structural elements of the building .
Also , the architectural needs differentiate the surface coverage of the building on each floor
. The problems arising from the application of these architectures claims is to create
* ultimate limit state at soft storey,

1. ) a change in the symmetry of the columns ,

1. ) stronger strain construction , because it creates a concentration effect of action on columns

* asymmetric structures is observed the torsional effect on floors .

Today
a) We plan ductile structures, but we also need the torsional stiffness to stop the torsion of asymmetric floors.
b) Design methods yield (or else plastic zones) which are default locations of failure to be the first ultimate-yield in a powerful earthquake.
This seismic design planning today is very useful but insufficient current architectural needs.
In my quest to design the ultimate seismic system, I built a mechanism and design a method with high earthquake resistance because it improves the indicators of
1. ) the ductile

1. ) Of the plastic zones

* The torsional stiffness of asymmetric structures ;

1. ) Improves resistance of the column relative to the shear force

* Increases active behaviour of columns

1. ) Improves awry tension

* Reduces vibration and deformability of the construction

* reduces resonant vibration

* It helps avoid the concentration effect of action at soft storey,

* In the pretension there is no problem of insufficient impertinence of concrete and steel .

* Ensures stronger foundation.

* ensures damping decrement of seismic loads , which leads to reduced resonant response

* The invention automatically improves the traction of steel which is observed in prestressed steel

The invention automatically improves clamped structure with the ground
even when the structure has recurrent vibration.
( Many circles loads)

Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 1:13 PM

THE ULTIMATE CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM FOR EARTHQUAKE
The earthquakes in recent years around the world have put in first priority the major social and economic issue of the seismic behavior and overall seismic protection of structures against earthquakes .
Various methods have been developed to optimize the response of structures to seismic action
An important part of developments for seismic strengthening of buildings, does not agree with modern architectural needs , which require as much as possible free plans ( unbalanced construction) and reduction of structural elements of the building .
Also , the architectural needs differentiate the surface coverage of the building on each floor
. The problems arising from the application of these architectures claims is to create
1) ultimate limit state at soft storey,
2 ) a change in the symmetry of the columns ,
3 ) stronger strain construction , because it creates a concentration effect of action on columns
4) asymmetric structures is observed the torsional effect on floors .
Today
a) We plan ductile structures, but we also need the torsional stiffness to stop the torsion of asymmetric floors.
b) Design methods yield (or else plastic zones) which are default locations of failure to be the first ultimate-yield in a powerful earthquake.
This seismic design planning today is very useful but insufficient current architectural needs.
In my quest to design the ultimate seismic system, I built a mechanism and design a method with high earthquake resistance because it improves the indicators of
1 ) the ductile
How we can improve the ductility of columns of ductile structural system
Reply . Separating the ductile structural system of the rigid structural system,
by placing them between seismic joint, partition isometric seismic loads on the vertical elements of the two structural systems.
What will happen if we do not distinguish these two structural systems ;
When the earthquake started , the ductile columns bend because they have great elasticity .
Large rigid columns, do not bend because they have stiffness.
The result is ... all of the earthquake loads to be received from the rigid elements.

2 ) Of the plastic zones.
Question. How to improve the indicators of plastic zones;
Reply . Separating the ductile structural system of the rigid structural system,
by placing them between seismic joint.
The seismic joint works like the plastic zone for the yield load of the earthquake.
(Without Fail)
3) The torsional stiffness of asymmetric structures ;
Question. How to improve the indicators of torsional stiffness of asymmetric structures;
Reply. By placing more than one rigid structural systems (with the interposition of a seismic joint between at selected points) inside the asymmetric ductile static system
Even the pretension creates anyway stiffness.
4 ) Improves resistance of the column relative to the shear force

5) Increases active behaviour of columns
6 ) Improves awry tension
Question.
4) How do I improve the strength of the column relative to the shear force and shear force base;
5) How do I increase the active behaviour of columns;
6) How to Improve the oblique tension?
Reply . We know from the bibliography that pretension itself is very positive, because it improves the trajectories of oblique tension
On the other hand we have another good ... reduced cracking because we apply compression stress which increases the active behaviour of columns;, as well as increases the stiffness of the structure , which reduces the deflection causing failure.

7) Glider displacement node of higher level, and the deflection of the rigid structure
Question.
How glider displacement node of higher level, and the deflection of the rigid structure?
Reply. Introducing a new vertical resistance to the roof (stops the roof to get up) coming from the ground, through the mechanism of the invention.
Even the pretension creates anyway stiffness, and the deflection of the rigid structure.

8) lower the natural frequency of the soil and construction;
Question. How do we lower the natural frequency of the soil and construction;
Reply. Because the compression stress in the cross section of the columns, lowers the natural frequency
And because Introducing a new vertical resistance to the roof, it stop the natural frequency, because seismic damping applied to the width of the wave of the earthquake.

9) It helps avoid the concentration effect of action at soft storey,
10) In the pretension there is no problem of relevance ( consistency ) of concrete and steel .
Question.
9) How it helps to avoid concentration load intensity in soft floor;
10) How eliminates the problem of relevance of concrete and steel;
Reply. In a prestressed well, there are is not baffles and this gives the opportunity to work as a body to control the curve of the ductile system and keeps control over the vertical axis before break.
In prestressing there is no problem with the relevance as present in the inert reinforcing concrete because the clamped structure clamped at both ends of the mechanism of the invention, out of the concrete.
The deflection on the vertical axis of the ductile system
due to the difference spectrum of multiple plates, which tend to give the vertical axis in the form of S
If we take a candle and break it with your hands in the center will observe that
the candle breaks, but the wick stays in the candle.

But if you break the candle at its ends, will not do the same.
The interface of the two materials is less at the edges,
whereby smaller and the reaction
than is the reaction of the other party.
The result is the wick of the candle at the ends to lose its relevance and be pulled out of the candle
The same phenomenon is observed in the columns of the ground floor.
We always see when the columns fail, the steel pulled out of the concrete, shaped curve, but never cut.
The pretension applied the mechanism of the invention does not exhibit said the problem of relevance, simply because there is no link between concrete and tendon, because it passes freely through the concrete.
The tendon anchors applied to both ends of the mechanism out of the concrete.

11) Ensures stronger foundation.
Question. How did the invention provides a stronger foundation;
Reply. The clamping mechanism of the invention stops the building to go up and down. as does the screw with hanger bolts.
12) The invention automatically improves the traction of steel which is observed in prestressed steel
Reply.
The hydraulic system automatically improves - pulling steel - observer in pretension.
The hydraulic system automatically improves anchorage of the anchor to the ground and maintains the structure anchored to the ground,
even in many circles loads
13) ensures damping decrement of seismic loads , which leads to reduced resonant response
Reply.
The forces that cause energy called damping forces and always oppose the motion of the system running oscillation.
The design method that I follow dampening
1) horizontally at the base
2) at the level of (bulkheads) plates and the shaft. (Seismic joint)
3) on the roof, mounted the hydraulic system.
And all this without eliminating the ductility of the bearing, which in itself and is a damping seismic energy.

These two structural systems can work together, or we can only use the rigid component alone to build rigid structures

Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 3:07 PM

New experiments.
no Comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoM5pEy7n9Q

Old Posted Feb 8, 2014, 8:10 PM

Can you explain to me please what an engineer should do to throw it down?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoM5pEy7n9Q # t = 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6og4VWFcGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux8TzWYvuQ0

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 9:49 AM

Equilibrium equations is the great need of building
The loadings (external or static) will always exist.
We can not eliminate loads.
But we can drive loads in sections that are stronger than other sections.
Vertical cross sections of the columns are stronger than horizontal cross sections of the columns.
All structures with nodes lead loads in the horizontal cross section of the column.
The roof - soil compaction deflects lateral earthquake loads in vertical sections of pillars. These sections are stronger and withstand more loads.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2014, 8:17 PM

The pretension between ground and roof, lower the natural frequency of the soil and construction.
Why you do not plan to implement vertical prestressing;

In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Z1zmrJhsc#t=0 NEES trying to build flexible nodes to release seismic energy.
is a better method of NEES
or my method; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaNZcHBKRI
I can tell NEES ... BUILDING IT BETTER

Old Posted Feb 17, 2014, 9:47 AM

What is new .... Example
* If you have a sheet of paper placed on a table.

If on the two ends of the paper, stick two upright wooden parallelograms.
After ... If I shook the wooden table that parallelograms to oscillate,
will see the horizontal plane of the paper is deformed into an S shape
(Torque to the hub)

If we now do the opposite.
That put the parallelogram horizontally on the table, and stick at both ends, two vertical sheets of paper.
If you shook the table, we see the papers defacing the vertical axis in Figure (S)

In both cases, the angle at nodes stressed by a torque, which causes the weaker section deformed.

Now if,
In the first experiment screwed upright wooden parallelograms, with the table (at both ends) will observe that if you shook the table,
paper will not deform at all nodes.
The latest experiment is the method that I say,
and eliminates the torque at the nodes.
This is an extra equation balance on the balance equations we design today
What is new.
I do not clamped plate with the column to release seismic energy.
I do the following.
I make very small cross-section columns to be more flexible (in ductile carrier.)
It is not right to put small sections with large rigid sections together.
because (No isometric allocation charges)
I distinguish ductile operator of the rigid body for several key reasons.
I design the ductile separate entity to be more ductile than what it is today.
I design the ductile carrier separately to take only vertical loads.
Make the rigid body stiffer with pretension.
I use the rigid body, to receive only the horizontal and oblique loads.
Basically, I give distinct roles in each structural system,
so, one being free of the other
Question .. what is best
embedding .. base - soil
or anchoring roof - ground.
For me it is better or anchoring roof - ground.
The anchorage, roof - ground stops the oscillation.
The anchorage, base - soil, not
This is something new in seismic design.
Example ...If you have a wooden stick, like the ones we make
bows , and keep it from one end of our hand .
If you shook your hand this rod will begin to vibrate .
If now tie a string at both ends of the bar and stretch the string will build an arc .
If wag after the bow , you will notice that it will be stiff .
This I did in construction, and stopped rocking .

Now if this string vertically penetrated the center of the bar ( without pretension of the limbs) would not stop the oscillation of the rod .
What causes this phenomenon ;
Equilibrium equations is the great need of building

Old Posted Feb 21, 2014, 7:49 AM

Static loads are loads.
The vertical prestressing load is also a load
The static loads of a structure, containing inert intensity
Loads of prestressing not contain inert intensity.

This makes the difference in deformation.
If you see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoM5pEy7n9Q towards the end, the beams of seismic base, tend to rise upwards from the torque of the model.

If the buildings are not anchored to the ground at the end become like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcIm_RDR3gs

This torque is destructive for the building (not compacted building) because once the oscillation lift the unilateral model, the loads of the building creates a torque on all nodes, which breaks the columns and beams.
If the model is anchored, loads are balance because it does not lift unilateral, the loads are balanced by the reaction of the seismic base, and we have no torque at the nodes.
Now let's see what is best for the building;
a) The embedding of the building be applied between the base and the ground;
b) The embedding of the building, be applied between the roof and the ground;
c) or is it better instead of embedding the roof and the ground to apply a little pretension between base and roof, and at the same time and an embedding with the same mechanism between base and ground;

a) For me better than nothing, is the embedding of the building to be done between base and ground.
b) Too much better, the anchoring of the building to be done .. between roof and ground.
c) And even better, well, when you apply a little pretension between base and roof,
and at the same time and an embedding with the same mechanism between base and soil.
I'll tell you an example to understand my view.

If you have a wooden stick and shake it back and forth by hand, we will see that the top of the rod will oscillate more than the bottom.
Rod has clamping down on our hands, but the oscillation does not stop. Oscillation = deformation, deformation = damage or collapse.
Now if the stick is not elastic (short-pillar section) but we had in our hand a thicker wood (large diameter column)
if you swing with your hand then it will be stiff. (And by simply clamping, soil - the base.)...
If now, with this rod, build an arc, with the help of a string (tying rampant) would observe that as to shake our hand oscillation of the rod will be the same at its top, and its base.
That zero deflection of the vertical axis of the rod, when zero deformations and faults in construction.
For the third case now.
If you have a stick and put it horizontally on two bricks that wood be supported at its ends.
If we give the wood one punch (karate) will hurt a little, but eventually the wood will break in two.
If you now push the wood with a big vise, at its ends, and give a punch .... the wood will break your hand
So does the pretension on the pillars or walls ... powerful sections with respect to the cutting.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2014, 9:07 AM

Giannhs Lymperis
Giannhs Lymperis
Owner, Building contractor

Equilibrium equations is the greatest need of construction in terms of earthquake loadings .
The loadings , external and static there will always be
We can not stop or earthquake loadings and air or static loads .
But we can change direction , and lead them where we want them ,
in order to balance it charges , which balance can only be achieved with voltages (equal or bigger charges ) which would preclude these loadings .
These opposing tendencies balance to the side of the earthquake loads , apply the vertical load-bearing elements .
The vertical elements have two sections .
The horizontal section and the vertical .
The horizontal cross section of vertical structural elements , is much weaker than that is the vertical cross section of vertical structural elements .
So it is logical that if we want a strong cross-section which will oppose the lateral earthquake loads to balance them , this is the vertical cross section of the bearing elements .
In this vertical section should lead the earthquake lateral loads to balance .
With the current design , these trends apply balance of small sections of vertical and horizontal structural elements , which sections are unable to pit balance trends in lateral acceleration loads a large earthquake.
The result is the failure of these sections .
The roof anchorage ground ( all bearing vertical elements ) deflects lateral earthquake loads and directs the vertical profiles of vertical structural elements , which are more powerful than the horizontal , and have the ability to pit trends and more equal balance of these lateral earthquake loads .
The result is to achieve the desired balance equation .
This is NEW in seismic design , and is the solution to the devastating effects brought about by earthquakes in the construction works .
This is a trend on extra balance , because it eliminates the tendencies balance of small sections, but only adds more responsive .
Failure to restrain all bearing vertical elements with the ground , it creates a chain reaction , putting and static loads of construction to cooperate with loads of earthquake , increasing the destructive work.
This is because the non- clamping of the bearing soil roof of each component is changed from a few degrees on the vertical axis , the existing ratio oscillation of the building.
Because bearing vertical elements is combined with horizontal node , the movement of hand, do not affect the resulting columns to try to go over the post - below .
This movement of the anode beam is in contrast to the static loads of the building which are always vertical direction.
This contrast of loads has resulted in creating moments that are mutated in shear , and is an additional strain on small sections, which complements the earthquake lateral loads , which result in cutting these small sections .
This additional stress loads of the building , stopping when she stops and vertical deformation of the load bearing vertical elements . ( Oscillation )
This can only be achieved by clamping or pretension roof soil .
And this is another NEW in seismic design offers patent .
And many more ....

Old Posted Mar 5, 2014, 6:56 PM

In this video there are two different models .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnPr5wDi6So
Once the video begins , we see the first model is brick to fail immediately .
Observe, the vertical axis at the corners ,
to swing right and left.
This displacement of the vertical axis of the corners , causes the lintels to go upward.
There is the weight of the structure , which contrasts with the rise that has the lintel .
The weight overcomes the lintel , who tries to go over , and see why we fail ( crack)

In the same video , the first minute,
we see a compact rigid structure much more powerful than the bricks .
As rigid and strong that it reacts differently.
The nodes stand , but the house slid onto the seismic base.
But if the width regression was bigger ,
and home, high-rise , the big moment will bring overthrow
That would react like this model in my experiment .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux8T...re=c4-overview
Now if the model had small columns , and several floors , would break the nodes as broke the first experiment of Bricklaying . (For the same exact reason)
If all samples were anchored to the roof with the ground, any of the above models would not fail .

The models anchored react so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoM5...re=c4-overview
If what I said does not show the true
then what else to tell you ...

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 12:18 PM

This is my opinion on the research I did.
a) Frequency call the number of repetitions of an event per unit time.
The frequency characteristic of any physical size varies periodically, ie repeats the same values ​​at regular intervals.
b) Natural frequency
Coordination, called the phenomenon of forced oscillation,
in which the frequency of the exciter coincides with the natural frequency of the oscillator.
Each oscillator may oscillate at one or more frequencies.
When the system is excited momentarily, then starts oscillation, which occurs at a frequency that coincides with the natural frequency.
When the oscillation is stimulated, its frequency is the frequency of the exciter.
When the frequency of the exciter, coincides with the natural frequency of the oscillator,
then there is coordination.
In coordinating the system has the maximum width, and maximum energy.
If there were no damping forces, then the amplitude of the oscillation is theoretically infinite.
Thus, the oscillation can be so strong as to destroy the oscillator.
If the energy is higher, then there is a risk of destruction of the oscillator.
c) The moment of inertia (or angular mass) is the distribution of points of a body to an axis of rotation.
The moment of inertia, when performing rotational motion, has the meaning that has mass, in linear motion.
The moment of inertia is defined to an axis of rotation.
d) angular acceleration is called the rate of change of the angular velocity of a body.

All these above for to be correct, need the freedom of movement of bodies at least one direction.
Example
If we have a rod anchored at one end, will coordinate, when the frequency of the exciter, coincides with the natural frequency of the oscillator.
If, however, at a free end of the rod, apply a damping force, the phenomenon of oscillation does not stop, but this is not multiplied.
If you're in a boat, you will have noticed that the tables have one leg, coordinated with the floor board.
But as soon as you touch your finger on the table, immediately stops the large oscillation.
The same happens if we apply an external force, on a steel shaft.
The steel shaft, slowly stops rotating.
Example, the brakes of a car.
That is, ... with this applied force, stopped the angular acceleration, and if the force applied is large, then finally stop, the rotational motion of torque.
What does my invention.
Do the same, which makes our finger on the table, and the brakes on the car.
My invention is applied damping in each charging cycle, or period.
If the force is too great, then eventually stops the angular acceleration and torque of the roof of the building structure.
That is, the method of the invention, implements, balance equations for the moments, and damping of vibration of the bearing so that the oscillation can not multiply and cause the phenomenon of natural frequency of the oscillator and exciter, which in natural conditions grows gradually the amplitude of oscillation,
resulting in the collapse of building.
The torque of the buildings, and the natural frequency are the main causes of failure of structures.
The invention has solved these problems of construction.
And many other problems of construction.
The force that applied to the roof, must come outside of the building, and not anchored to the building
I, this strength, ripped from the ground, and with the help of the tendon, brought it to the roof.
The force that applied to the roof, must come outside of the building, and not from the same building
I, this reaction force on the roof, grabbed from the ground, and with the help of the tendon, brought it to the roof.
The anchoring to the ground, is much better than the embedding of the base and the roof, because this stops the clamping torque nodes effectively.
If the tendon is anchored to the concrete base, and not on the ground, (in the drawing) generates torque on all nodes.
If the tendon is anchored in a deep drilling beneath the foundation, then there is no torque is generated at junctions.
This is because the tendon pulls the ground, and not the basis of Reinforced Concrete
The invention achieves and better foundation.
The reason is the large condensation of foundation soil that achieves...

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 12:23 PM

Video Link

The most rapid acceleration in this experiment is
1) In 60 seconds covered 52,80 meters.
2 ) Width 22 cm ... reciprocation .
3 ) In one minute made 240 runs of 22 cm
4 ) The width of the regression went through the 22 cm in 0.25 of a second .
maximum velocity of shaking at the base was 52,80/60 (= 0.86 meters per second)
the exciting time period was 0.25 sec
The exciting frequency which i assume , on the basis of provided data, is 4 Hz.
I do not know how much (g) is the acceleration.
Can you tell me how much (g) is ;
In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoM5...re=c4-overview
from 2.45 minutes to 2.50 minutes ( in 5 seconds) I counted 20 times x 22 cm .
I forgot to tell you that the base goes up and down 8 cm

Does this also move the same time.
This Artisans earthquake is strong for a small model , ... yes or no ;

Other technical features .

Concrete .. consists of four parts sand and one part cement . (Not gravel )
the quality of the concrete can not be matched to known C16/20
The width of the base is regression 22cm
Regression from 108 up to 216 strokes per minute of 22 cm
Model Dimensions Width 1.1 x Depth 1.1 x Height 1.3 m
Plates 4 cm width
Walls 4 cm thickness
By raft 5 cm thickness
SCALE 1 to 7 in actual size area of 64 sq.m per floor .
Weight 1300 kg
armature
Double steel mesh everywhere diameter 1,5 mm, steel mesh eyes , 5 x 5 cm
Tendons 5 mm diameter wrapped in five layers of duct tape to prevent the connection of concrete - steel

Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 3:36 PM

From 2.45 minutes to 2.50 minutes in 5 seconds makes 10 complete oscillations of 44 cm .... so made ​​at 20 sec 40 oscillations of 44 cm
1) my model , at high speed , hit 40 complete oscillations in 20 sec. This means that the oscillation frequency is : n = 40/20 = 2Hz ( revolutions / sec) and the period T = 1 / n = 0,50 sec.
2) 11 cm radius of rotation in the order of conversion of rotary motion into a reciprocating , the maximum horizontal speed succeeded to the one or other direction , is : U = 2p.r.n = 138,16 cm / sec.
3 ) This velocity , which starts from zero at both ends, is obtained in the halfway of 22cm, i.e. at time T / 4. So the horizontal acceleration of my model is : a = h / ( T / 4 ) = 4u / T = 4 * 138,16 / 0,50 = 1105,28 cm/sec2 = 1105,28 / 981 = 1,13 g
And the vertical acceleration of 0,06 g
Full acceleration Got horizontally 1,13 g
Full acceleration is perpendicular succeeded 0,06 g
Experiment with speed 8 g!
The actual physical acceleration of the earthquake is one that I mentioned above too .
But because the model is in the range 1 to 7.14 to see the actual intensity earthquake would have if the model were true scale must be multiplied by the radius rx 7.14 scale at which the model was constructed .
Specifically ...
In the experiment this model makes ...
From 2.45 minutes to 2.50 minutes in 5 seconds makes 10 complete oscillations so .... 20 sec at 40 oscillations made
1) my model , at high speed , hit 40 complete oscillations in 20 sec. This means that the oscillation frequency is : n = 40/20 = 2Hz ( revolutions / sec) and the period T = 1 / n = 0,50 sec.
2) rotation radius 11 cm x 7,14 in the range of the conversion means into a reciprocating rotary motion , the maximum horizontal speed succeeded to the one or other direction , is : U = 2p.r.n = 987 cm / sec .
3 ) This velocity , which starts from zero at both ends, obtained midway i.e. at time T / 4. So the horizontal acceleration of my model is : a = h / ( T / 4 ) = 4u / T = 4 * 987/0, 50 = 7896cm/sec2 = 7896/981 = 8g
And the vertical acceleration 0,43 g
Full acceleration Succeed natural size structure is horizontally 8g
Full acceleration is perpendicular succeeded 0,43 g
The behavior of the model was without faults in the experiment , and therefore we do not know further strength.
The buildings in Kefalonia manufactured with the highest rate of seismicity in Greece that is 0,36 g.
Although withstood much more 0,50 - 0,60 g reaching the acceleration in this earthquake .
Anyway , my design model far exceeded the value of g currently planned .

Correlation with the Mercalli scale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_ground_acceleration

Instrumental Intensity, Acceleration (g), Velocity (cm / s), Perceived Shaking, Potential Damage
I ........................... <0.0017 ............... <0.1 ... .... Not felt ............. None
II-III .................. 0.0017 - 0.014 .... 0.1 - 1.1 .......... Weak ........ ...... None
IV .................... 0.014 - 0.039 ...... 1.1 - 3.4 ......... Light ....... ....... None
V ..................... 0.039 - 0.092 ........ 3.4 - 8.1 ......... Moderate .... ....... Very light
VI ....................... 0.092 - 0.18 ........ 8.1 - 16 ......... Strong .. ......... Light
VII ....................... 0.18 - 0.34 .......... 16 - 31 ......... Very strong ........ Moderate
VIII ...................... 0.34 - 0.65 ......... 31 - 60 ......... Severe .. ....... Moderate to heavy
IX ........................ 0.65 - 1.24 .......... 60 - 116 ....... Violent. .......... Heavy
X + .......................> 1.24 ...........> 116 ........... .... Extreme ............. Very heavy

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 8:09 AM

When talking about seismic 'energy' is not an indicator that we can calculate , but a term that described the behavior of the bearing which can be analyzed with mathematical and mechanical equilibrium equations .
The behavior of the structure during an earthquake is basically a horizontal displacement (let forget for a moment any vertical component ) which is repeated several times.
If the offset is small enough to keep all members of the structure within the elastic region , the energy generated is energy stored in the structure , and then expanded to restore the structure to its original form.
One example is the spring.
This energy storage and subsequent performance in the opposite direction applied by the spring , the building structure stores and expands the column and the beam .
In short , the whole of the earthquake acceleration is converted into energy stored in the structure .
The shift keeps any part of any State within the elastic region , all the energy stored in the structure will be released at the end of the cycle in the opposite direction .
If the seismic energy ( measured from the ground acceleration ) is too large , it will produce too large displacements will cause a very high curvature in the vertical and horizontal elements .
If the curvature is too high, this means that the rotation of the sections of the columns and beams will be well above the elastic range ( Concrete Compressive deformation over 0.35% and trend of the reinforcing fibers above 0.2 %)
When the rotation is passed over the elastic limit , the structure begins to ' dissolve the apothykefsi energy " through plastic displacement , which means that the parts will have a residual displacement will not be able to be recovered (as in the elastic range where all displacements are recovered )
Basically the design strength of a current building confined to the boundaries of the elastic design spectrum , and then passed to the default plastic regions , which are the default locations of failure
(Usually beams ) so that the collapse of the structure. ( The structure collapses when fail columns )
If the parts experience plastic deformation, are over the threshold breakpoint , and are more numerous in the structure , the structure will collapse .
I hope it was quite understandable that the science you possess sufficiently , though not engineer .
Those mentioned are non-linear analyzes examined the pushover analysis.
My method is not based planning elastic limit and creating plastic regions , but the basis of receipt of all the energy of the earthquake of vertical elements .
To succeed in this , deflect the lateral loads of earthquakes in other sections of those who guided you .
You created rotations at nodes , while I with the foundation of the roof to the ground , I remove these revolutions , and causes the column to become too rigid one hand and turn the side loading of the earthquake at vertical loads of other columns .
This shift in the direction of the earthquake lateral loads on the vertical axis of the data is achieved only with the roof soil compaction .
This embedding achieves a reaction to the rise and deformation formed the horizontal axis of the roof , and another reaction in the P base .
The combination of these two antisense reactions , generates a large shear force on the vertical section of the column , but this section is strong enough to remove 100 % of seismic energy without fail .
As you can see , are two completely different design methods .
Your method creates spins on all nodes , and affects small horizontal sections of all elements , while my method creates rotating or rather trying to create rotation without succeeds .. only in the column , and affects only the vertical section the column .
If you marry these two methods , growing reaction cross sections for the load .... Why not?
To cooperate but these two methods , you must make some changes .
There is the problem in that a method is rigid while the other method has elasticity.
The rigid method will first take all lateral loadings of the earthquake , and will not let the elastic method to store energy .
The solve is to design a rigid method more flexible to leave the elastic method to receive and this isomoirazetai loads to the load of the earthquake .
To design in this way , so that the resilient structure always remains within the elastic range , and before the plastic displacement , then interfering the rigid process and to receive from the elastic displacement of the residual will not be able to recover from elastic method.
That put a new outdoor reaction chamber from the ground to equalize the load side .
There are two methods of cooperation of these two design methods to isomoirazetai the distribution of the lateral loads .
First method is http://s5.postimg.org/rllh3dhzb/002.jpg the seismic joint Elevation at the height of the plates .
The second method is the hydraulic system on the roof to make the drive flexibility of rigid method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaNZcHBKRI
In short my method , or seismic joints tall , or with the hydraulic system on the roof , can make the drive tire carrier in maintaining the elastic range .
There's no excuse anymore not to recognize the utility of the invention , it solves many problems of today's earthquake regulations .
There are many methods to design the system you propose , as there are car brands .

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 6:05 AM

I'll give some theoretical elements to do and check yourself I did calculations .
The model I performs a simple harmonic oscillation along the X axis on which commutes ( ignoring the vertical movement is small) .
This reciprocating motion generated by the circular movement of the end of the piston which is attached the bearing pin is .
The radius of this circle is 0,11 m and this is the amplitude A. Thus my make model path 2A = 0,22 m, i.e. go from
one end point to another in each half turn of fire.

A complete oscillation but means the pin is to make a full turn , ie to return the model to the extreme position from where he started .
So , if we say that it started from the end should be restored at the end . Makes therefore overall route that went 0.22 and 0.22 that turned = 4A = 0,44 m.
So if you stand by the side of the machine and measure routes , each approach to the machine is a complete path and thus a turn. These speed counting , and the corresponding time in sec. The frequency (Hz) is the fraction : n = number of such full path / same time .
The period of oscillation T, ie the time of a full stroke 0,44 m is T = 1 / n sec

In a full turn of fire , we once maximum positive speed in one direction and once the maximum negative in the other .
Us of course we are interested in the absolute values ​​that are the same .
The same happens with the acceleration, but has maximum absolute value when the speed is zero , ie the ends of the paths .

Maximum speed and maximum acceleration calculated from the angular velocity h is : h = 2n / T.
So : maximum speed U : maxy = h * A * h = 0.11 m / sec, maximum acceleration a: maxa = w2 * A * w2 = 0.11 m/sec2.
These maximum sizes made ​​instantaneously.

If we take the average acceleration , either positive or negative, then we think that the speed went from zero to its maximum
at time T / 4. So the average speed is approximately : a = maxy / ( T / 4 ) = 4 * maxy / T = 4 * 0.11 . W2 / T in m/sec2.
This of course is not true , because at the time T / 4 a is greater ( not entangle you with cosines and sines ) .

In both instances, however, to find the acceleration in g, we must divide the accelerations are m/sec2 the Earth accelerating mass is 9,81 m / sec to say that we have achieved so many acceleration g. I think I was detailed .
What we do in practice and what other factors are taken into account , is a challenge . ;
Analytical results of the experiment .
From 2.45 minutes to 2.50 minutes in 5 seconds makes 10 complete turns .
That is 40 full turns in 20 sec
1 ) So amplitude A = 0,11 m
2 ) Frequency (Hz) is the fraction : n = number of such full path / corresponding time . So 40/20 = 2 Hz
3 ) The fundamental period of the oscillation period T, ie, the time of a full stroke 0,44 m is T = 1 / n sec So 1/2 = 0,5 sec
4) Angular velocity is h : h = 2n / T. So 2x3 , 14/ 0 , 5 = 12.56
5) Max speed U : maxy = h * A * h = 0.11 m / sec So 12,56 x 0,11 = 1,3816 m / sec
6 ) Maximum acceleration a: maxa = w2 * A * w2 = 0.11 m/sec2. So 12,56 X12 , 56ch0 , 11 = 17.352896
7) Acceleration in g 17,352896 / 9,81 = 1,77 g

Excludes the vertical acceleration.
That model is a scale that raises accelerate too much more than 1,77 g but measured differently than that I counted , and out of math that I do not know. (Which relate mass and acceleration and earn some scales ) these types know their test labs .
This acceleration is acceleration took off real natural earthquake , on a small scale model of 1 to 7.14
This told me the professor.
The largest earthquake ever in the world , was 2,99 g
The strongest structures in Greece built to withstand 0,36 g
To My model was tested at 1,77 g and was not hurt , so I do not know when it fails .
In Greece the largest earthquake that was reached in the 1 g acceleration
Correlation with the Mercalli scale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_ground_acceleration

Instrumental Intensity, Acceleration (g), Velocity (cm / s), Perceived Shaking, Potential Damage
I ........................... <0.0017 ............... <0.1 ... .... Not felt ............. None
II-III .................. 0.0017 - 0.014 .... 0.1 - 1.1 .......... Weak ........ ...... None
IV .................... 0.014 - 0.039 ...... 1.1 - 3.4 ......... Light ....... ....... None
V ..................... 0.039 - 0.092 ........ 3.4 - 8.1 ......... Moderate .... ....... Very light
VI ....................... 0.092 - 0.18 ........ 8.1 - 16 ......... Strong .. ......... Light
VII ....................... 0.18 - 0.34 .......... 16 - 31 ......... Very strong ........ Moderate
VIII ...................... 0.34 - 0.65 ......... 31 - 60 ......... Severe .. ....... Moderate to heavy
IX ........................ 0.65 - 1.24 .......... 60 - 116 ....... Violent. .......... Heavy
X + .......................> 1.24 ...........> 116 ........... .... Extreme ............. Very heavy

Last edited by seismic; Apr 25, 2014 at 5:48 AM.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2014, 9:15 AM

new experiments
1) With the seismic system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoM5pEy7n9Q
2)Without the seismic system first experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsSJJhOfwq0
3) Without the seismic system second experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-X4tF9C7SE
4)damage Control https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZkCKY0EypM

Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 4:59 PM

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 4:54 PM

The honorable gentleman professor Panagiotis Karidis founded the best seismic base in Greece, and served as director in the experiments for many decades.
Now he is an honorary professor at the seismic base.

Both Mr. P. Karidis and the Khalid M. Mosalam, PhD, PE Professor of Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials Civil and Environmental Engineering University of California Berkeley, acknowledged the experiments I did like excellent results of experimental investigations.
The interview of Professor Panagiotis Karydis, and my interview for the patent in Greek tv Zougla.gr http://www.zougla.gr/greece/article/...i-evresitexnia

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 2:49 PM

A carrying skeleton of a building consisting of columns (vertical elements) and the beams and slabs (horizontal elements)
The beams, columns, and the plates are joined at the nodes.
When the skeleton of the structure is at rest, ( calm ) all the loads acting vertically.
When there is an earthquake, generated additional horizontal loads.
The resultant of the horizontal and vertical loads deforms all nodes of the structure.
This happens because they create moments, changing the degrees of nodes.
The vertical static loads are balanced by the reaction of the soil.
The horizontal earthquake loads, lifts the base of the columns and in combination with the flexibility that exists in the trunk , displacing the plates with different amplitude, and phase difference of one plate from the other.
That is, the top plates are shifting more of the lower plates.
The construction is changing many forms.
So many forms as there are the directions of the earthquake.
The ideal would be to construct a frame building which during the earthquake to displace all of the plates with the same amplitude, keeping the same form as before the earthquake.
In this way we would not have any deformation of the frame, so no failure.
The research I do on the seismic design of structures is precisely this.
This was achieved by constructing large elongated rigid columns shaped in plan, -, +, Γ, or T in which a force is applied to all edges on the roof, coming from the ground.
This force on the roof, on elongated rigid columns applied to stop the rotation, which lifts the base up.
When there is an earthquake, columns lose their eccentricity lifting the base, creating moments at all nodes of the structure.
In the calculations, there is a limit of eccentricity. That is, they put a limit on the area of the base, which is lifted from the overturning moment.
To reduce the lifting base, build strong base beams to columns.
In large longitudinal columns (walls) because of the large moments download, it is practically impossible to stop the torque.
The invention makes it.
Stops the great moments of the longitudinal walls.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering