HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 10:11 PM

in lieu of all the upzoning going on in this area the uptown plans that are on the site have effectively been scrapped. there will be no further development per the plans you see online

ibm will very likely be staying until new regional hq is built which will be 2026

the next version of uptown will be a scaled up version of previous plans

brandywine potentially buying radius at the domain campus

Old Posted Feb 15, 2024, 10:51 PM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
in lieu of all the upzoning going on in this area the uptown plans that are on the site have effectively been scrapped. there will be no further development per the plans you see online

ibm will very likely be staying until new regional hq is built which will be 2026

Well, I like the sound of that!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2024, 2:34 AM
クラブトクヨ

Oh that sounds great!

Old Posted Feb 18, 2024, 2:50 PM

Quote:
I'm going to assume this means a Red Line Subway

Old Posted Feb 18, 2024, 4:36 PM

I would absolutely looooove if we could get a 400' tower at least announced by '25 or 26'

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 4:36 PM

Quote:

Any source on that?

The problem with additional Broadmoor development is that doesn't just have a height/FAR limit (that got raised with the other NBG rezoning). It also has a total square footage limit (that they agreed to as part of their rezoning).

They really need to be pushing a rezoning application now if they want to be developing under looser rules any time soon.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 11:23 PM

Probably unrelated, but this Master Plan correction filing just popped up:

Project Name: Broadmoor Master Infrastructure Plan Phase 1 Construction Plans
Description: Correction #2 Needs Review The applicant is proposing Construction Plans

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s...ertyrsn=116671

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Any source on that?

The problem with additional Broadmoor development is that doesn't just have a height/FAR limit (that got raised with the other NBG rezoning). It also has a total square footage limit (that they agreed to as part of their rezoning).

They really need to be pushing a rezoning application now if they want to be developing under looser rules any time soon.
friend who works there.

should add a "probably" to all this. maybe their building gets fully leased tomorrow. maybe ibm doesn't stay as a tenant.

didn't ask anything about permitting but i don't think the plan is to redevelop the lot "soon". sounds like it's a reset and a long ways away

Old Posted Mar 7, 2024, 5:11 AM

Quote:
friend who works there.

should add a "probably" to all this. maybe their building gets fully leased tomorrow. maybe ibm doesn't stay as a tenant.

didn't ask anything about permitting but i don't think the plan is to redevelop the lot "soon". sounds like it's a reset and a long ways away
Welp, IBM *is* moving out at some point for their new campus across the other side of Burnet, to the far north end of The Domain. In 2027 I think it was? Somewhere near the Kuka building or La Quinta, or in place of one or both of them. I don't recall exactly, but there is an article somewhere about this.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2024, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCrot View Post
Welp, IBM *is* moving out at some point for their new campus across the other side of Burnet, to the far north end of The Domain. In 2027 I think it was? Somewhere near the Kuka building or La Quinta, or in place of one or both of them. I don't recall exactly, but there is an article somewhere about this.
IBM is moving to the Hines Domain Northside office building that will be built where the La Quinta is. But as far as I can tell, the La Quinta is still open. There are renderings and posts about it somewhere in the Domain thread.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin