HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

3 Eau Claire in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Calgary Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 1, 2013, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
Just saw the rendering for the "Edmontonian" proposal.... makes this thing look silly.
Actually, the Edmontonian is the silly proposal. While a neat looking tower, the difference is that 3EC is a serious proposal that will get built, the Edmontonian is just a pie in the sky conceptual proposal, and won't get built.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2013, 9:51 PM

^^ You may think it's a silly proposal! It's because it's extremely tall for that part of the city. Granted, the chances of this getting built as is are pretty slim! Having said that, maybe some of the folks that post regularly don't like it because it's not being proposed in their city!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
^^ You may think it's a silly proposal! It's because it's extremely tall for that part of the city. Granted, the chances of this getting built as is are pretty slim! Having said that, maybe some of the folks that post regularly don't like it because it's not being proposed in their city!
Most of the people from Edmonton aren't taking it seriously either. I have nothing against the design, and would be happy to see it built here, but I doubt it would get built here either.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2013, 5:40 PM
Original Member since '99

Love it, this will be a huge addition the city, skyline and the west end which is cluttered with rectangular drivel

Old Posted Nov 4, 2013, 6:04 PM
ARTchitecture

Stoked for this one. So much height for the West End.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2013, 5:35 AM
Editor

This and Eau Claire tower going up is going to change the look of that area quite dramatically.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2013, 9:07 PM

Any update on this tower? I heard it might have run into financial difficulties and may have changed hands recently.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
Any update on this tower? I heard it might have run into financial difficulties and may have changed hands recently.
I was by there on Friday and there was some work going on. There was a change of developer but that was a whole ago

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepstar View Post
I was by there on Friday and there was some work going on. There was a change of developer but that was a whole ago
Who's the developer now? I've heard this tower has actually had much success with sales.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 1:31 AM

There is work going on They have striped the parking lot and have dug a trough around the perimeter.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 4:51 PM

I'm quite excited to see this one under construction

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 5:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
I'm quite excited to see this one under construction
I'm excited about how this will change / diversify the city skyline from the north, but am not a fan of the micro-units. Would never live there, but am looking forward to someone or the other inviting me up to the amenities bridge in the future.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbia View Post
I'm excited about how this will change / diversify the city skyline from the north, but am not a fan of the micro-units. Would never live there, but am looking forward to someone or the other inviting me up to the amenities bridge in the future.
I feel the same way. I would never live there, but I hope they build it.

I understand why they are going with tiny unit sizes, to keep cost down and the units affordable.

I think a lot of developers are using Arriva as an example of a building where the demand for large sq-ft units wasn't there and they have been a bit scared off to offer higher sq ft units regularly.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 8:48 PM

Quote:
I feel the same way. I would never live there, but I hope they build it.

I understand why they are going with tiny unit sizes, to keep cost down and the units affordable.

I think a lot of developers are using Arriva as an example of a building where the demand for large sq-ft units wasn't there and they have been a bit scared off to offer higher sq ft units regularly.
At some point the balance will tip as the younger condo dwellers who start having kids will not want to give up being close to the core. Larger units will then start to sell, just as they do in larger cities.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 11:08 PM

Damn shadowing restrictions..... this could have been a single 60+ story tower. I think they might be having a problem selling the residential units. Still say the area could have something better.... Just my opinion.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2013, 11:37 PM

Has something happened to leave reason of doubt on this tower? Seems most are negative about it. Last I heard office portion was 100% leased and phase 1 of tower residential was 75-80% sold.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Cgy View Post
Has something happened to leave reason of doubt on this tower? Seems most are negative about it. Last I heard office portion was 100% leased and phase 1 of tower residential was 75-80% sold.
Until the thing is built there is always a shadow. Rockford developments was building a condo on McLeod trail, it sold out, but they had to cancel since they under priced it. Midtown Towers also got to 80% sold, but ended up cancelled.

3 Eau Claire was scheduled to start building in summer, it's now November and they still haven't broken ground yet, and news from the development team has been relatively quiet.

It's a good sign that there has been recent activity at the site though. I would think will all the commercial partnerships they have it would make sense for them to go forward.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Until the thing is built there is always a shadow. Rockford developments was building a condo on McLeod trail, it sold out, but they had to cancel since they under priced it. Midtown Towers also got to 80% sold, but ended up cancelled.

3 Eau Claire was scheduled to start building in summer, it's now November and they still haven't broken ground yet, and news from the development team has been relatively quiet.

It's a good sign that there has been recent activity at the site though. I would think will all the commercial partnerships they have it would make sense for them to go forward.
I heard the delay was more on permits from city. I guess time will tell...

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 5:21 AM
Editor

It's getting built. There was some behind the scenes holdups, but it's going ahead.

Quote:

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 7:45 AM

We'll see.... Redesign!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive