HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 13, 2010, 1:53 PM

The small plaza at 999 Peachtree (SE corner of 10th and Peachtree) was reopened to pedestrians a few days ago. It looks pretty much the same, except the fountain has been replaced with a small patch of grass. It's possible that this area can be used for outdoor seating for the new restaurant.

I also walked by the Waffle House location in Tech Square, and things are moving right along. Should be ready to go soon.

Old Posted May 13, 2010, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLaffinity View Post
Imagine if Cox actually put their HQ in the city.
Well, they were probably trying to get close to their people to save on gas and whatnot.

The other thing is it's probably not the best time to get picky since this is the only tower going up in the ATL that I have heard of and it could be the last for a while.

Last edited by cybele; May 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM.

Old Posted May 13, 2010, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLaffinity View Post
Imagine if Cox actually put their HQ in the city.
I bet people in San Francisco say the same of Google.

Old Posted May 13, 2010, 11:11 PM

Old Posted May 18, 2010, 2:17 AM

Old Posted May 18, 2010, 1:11 PM

UPS gives $500,000 to Civil Rights Museum

It looks like this one is edging closer to reality.

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 2:54 PM

GSU business school plans new building

Georgia State University is planning its latest big downtown project — a new building for its expanding business school.

The university has hired the international firm Robert A.M. Stern Architects LLP, the master planner behind projects for Georgetown University and Harvard Law School. It will work with local architectural firm Rule Joy Trammel + Rubio LLC to design the new GSU building.

The first phase of construction could begin by 2015.

The university is still considering sites, and up to six locations might be in the running, according to people familiar with the plans. The eventual spot is expected to be close to the current home of the J. Mack Robinson College of Business. The college is housed at 35 Broad St., the former Citizens and Southern National Bank Building, a downtown Atlanta landmark.

GSU business school plans new building - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 3:01 PM

I would love to know the sites they're looking at (this is my school ). It says they want to be close to the current building, so mabye in Fairlie Poplar? I think the site of the Tokyo Hotel (anybody know whatever happened to that?) would be a great spot. And Bob Stern - sweet!

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurban8 View Post
I would love to know the sites they're looking at (this is my school ). It says they want to be close to the current building, so mabye in Fairlie Poplar? I think the site of the Tokyo Hotel (anybody know whatever happened to that?) would be a great spot. And Bob Stern - sweet!
Someone posted a while ago that the developers lost their financing for the Toyoko Inn project.

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurban8 View Post
I vote that they purchase and build on one of the many surface parking lots on the edge of Fairlie-Poplar. It's high time we lost some of this dead space. The one on the north corner of Luckie and Forsyth is prime property and close to the existing school.

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 6:25 PM

Well, it was supposed to be some fancy Japanese hotel and where will the money come from? Either way it is the loss of some prime parking if you just need to run in somewhere such as that new thing opening up in Davison's, but I guess they can put in a deck.

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 7:16 PM

^
Cybele, no offense, but some of the things you say are just so over-the-top off-base that I wonder why anyone bothers to respond to them.

1)It's a pay-by-the-day commuter parking lot. It is not used by people who "just need to run in somewhere."

2)There is street parking available on that very block.

3)There is another parking lot as well as at least five parking decks within one block of that site. Yes, within *one* block.

4)There are two MARTA heavy rail stations within easy walking distance, and no fewer than 7 MARTA bus routes (1, 16, 97, 110, 113, 155, and 186) and multiple GRTA and CCT commuter buses all travel within a few blocks of that intersection.

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybele View Post
...Either way it is the loss of some prime parking if you just need to run in somewhere such as that new thing opening up in Davison's, but I guess they can put in a deck.
PARKING GARAGES IN EVERY DIRECTION

(stolen from paradox's recent thread )

Old Posted May 25, 2010, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
^
Cybele, no offense, but some of the things you say are just so over-the-top off-base that I wonder why anyone bothers to respond to them.

...snip
The ignore feature in vBulletin works wonderfully for this. It's under the UserCP tab.

Old Posted May 26, 2010, 2:08 AM

Well, it looks like the Terminus thing is getting some big people in there, so I guess this is a good deal for the ATL.

Sony Ericsson Relocating Americas HQ to Atlanta

Old Posted May 26, 2010, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
^

1)It's a pay-by-the-day commuter parking lot. It is not used by people who "just need to run in somewhere."

2)There is street parking available on that very block.

3)There is another parking lot as well as at least five parking decks within one block of that site. Yes, within *one* block.

4)There are two MARTA heavy rail stations within easy walking distance, and no fewer than 7 MARTA bus routes (1, 16, 97, 110, 113, 155, and 186) and multiple GRTA and CCT commuter buses all travel within a few blocks of that intersection.
Well, you are right, it has just been there a long time and people used to park there to go eat back in the old days. How big is the building they are looking to put up?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2010, 5:09 PM

Streets of Buckhead construction to resume.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2010, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropundit View Post
That's awesome!

Old Posted Jun 4, 2010, 9:07 PM

Governor signs Georgia Dome tax extension bill

Old Posted Jun 5, 2010, 3:27 PM

Well, what's going on with the Atlantic Station thing. What are the best places down there and whatnot, and did it come out to be a big urban live-work walkabout.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta