HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 1:45 AM

^^ very nice Nashville. Love seeing all the new developments taking place.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 2:17 AM
Nashville born and raised

A new page...and a good time to update all the development in Nashville. Especially since the last update five months ago.

Excuse the large cards, but there is a lot of information on each one.

The yellow numbers indicate the number of floors.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 4:37 AM
Future God

Amazing compilation... thanks for all you do buddy!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 7:29 PM

Nashville was insane with the number of construction projects going on when I went there a week ago.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2019, 2:13 PM

From my friends on the Urban Planet Forums....
The Nashville Post is reporting that Nashville is not a lock for the Oracle Office. Raleigh, NC may also be in the mix.
More details when they become available.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 6:21 PM

Looks like the One22One tower (27-floors & 400') will get underway in a few weeks. Demo permit for the Firestone building was pulled yesterday.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Looks like the One22One tower (27-floors & 400') will get underway in a few weeks. Demo permit for the Firestone building was pulled yesterday.
Do you know something we don't re: financing?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2019, 10:10 PM

And the latest renderings for the AEG/MGM Hotel in Nashville Yards per Adam Sichko of the Nashville Business Journal.

Reported to be 21 stories and 315 rooms...

And the Music Venue.....

^^^The 4,000 seat 'Live at Nashville' theater is on the left.
Looks a lot less suburban now and more 'uptown'!

The previous design..

Last edited by MidTenn1; Mar 12, 2019 at 10:27 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-dub View Post
Do you know something we don't re: financing?
Financing is still underway, but it looks very good. The developer has a lot of solid assets and a great relationship with his primary lender. More info coming soon. I give this a much better chance of getting started by fall than the One KVB tower.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
And the latest renderings for the AEG/MGM Hotel in Nashville Yards per Adam Sichko of the Nashville Business Journal.

Reported to be 21 stories and 315 rooms...

And the Music Venue.....

^^^The 4,000 seat 'Live at Nashville' theater is on the left.
Looks a lot less suburban now and more 'uptown'!
That is a much better design and I like that it's not all shiny glass. This design seems to have art deco architectural elements done in a contemporary fashion.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 3:06 PM

Per Adam Sichko with the Nashville Business Journal, The 'Haven at the Gulch' is proposed for a location on the southernmost boundary of The Gulch and SoBro....

More about the location...

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, that is the 151 First Avenue Condos which has received $400,000 in financing, has acquired all the property, emptied the current residential building and will begin excavation very soon.

It's an outstanding project that will transform the skyline in the SoBro district.
And now they have gotten a permit to cut down the trees. So, that's something!!

The SEC Men's Basketball Tournament is in progress right now, and with the exception of one year, it will continue to be played in Nashville every year for the foreseeable future. It would be interesting to see the city's boom from the perspective of a once a year, regular visitor. This time next year, you will see the 151 possibly topped out along with the 30 story Embassy Suites a few blocks away. The 23 story Grand Hyatt will be topped out and nearing completion in Nashville Yards with the first Amazon tower rising up.

Then two years later, the 65 story Paramount may be topped out and the 40 story Nashville Yards Office nearing completion. It must be incredible to see the growth of this city in yearly snapshots.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Per Adam Sichko with the Nashville Business Journal, The 'Haven at the Gulch' is proposed for a location on the southernmost boundary of The Gulch and SoBro....

Very disappointing design for that location. Some have even compared it to looking like a suburban hospital, which was my initial thought as well. It is an example of just be lackadaisical in creativity. That site deserves something much better design wise. I truly hope it's not stucco all over....

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 8:32 PM

Quote:
And now they have gotten a permit to cut down the trees. So, that's something!!

The SEC Men's Basketball Tournament is in progress right now, and with the exception of one year, it will continue to be played in Nashville every year for the foreseeable future. It would be interesting to see the city's boom from the perspective of a once a year, regular visitor. This time next year, you will see the 151 possibly topped out along with the 30 story Embassy Suites a few blocks away. The 23 story Grand Hyatt will be topped out and nearing completion in Nashville Yards with the first Amazon tower rising up.

Then two years later, the 65 story Paramount may be topped out and the 40 story Nashville Yards Office nearing completion. It must be incredible to see the growth of this city in yearly snapshots.

You actually think they're going to top out a just started 40 and a 30 story building by this time next year?

Last edited by cecilism; Mar 15, 2019 at 9:27 PM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
You actually think they're going to top out a just started 40 and a 30 story building by this time next year?
It is a bit of a stretch, but they might be fairly tall by then.

Edit; Additional comments....If you consider we have 52 weeks before the next SEC event and that it takes a week to raise the buildings by one floor, then the 30 story Embassy Suites should have little problem being topped out by then. Excavation has begun in earnest.

The 151 could be even taller, but not topped out. It would have to begin rising above ground in a couple of months. That makes it still possible as I said in the post.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Mar 17, 2019 at 12:00 PM.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 2:02 PM

The 40-story Four Seasons hotel and condos will have its groundbreaking next month. As noted above, the demo should begin any day now.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/mon...el/3175647002/

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 9:35 PM

I drove though Nashville for the first time last Saturday. I'm blown away by the amount of construction that's going on in this city. I've never seen anything like it before. It's like a whole new city has sprouted. This is what a 21st century city should look like. The city has got to be one of the densest cities in the south too. I'm a big fan of Nashville now.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwayze1994 View Post
I drove though Nashville for the first time last Saturday. I'm blown away by the amount of construction that's going on in this city. I've never seen anything like it before. It's like a whole new city has sprouted. This is what a 21st century city should look like. The city has got to be one of the densest cities in the south too. I'm a big fan of Nashville now.
Wish good luck to the Lady Bears and Kelly Harper. UT's Kelly Harper is the Mo Valley conference Coach of the Year!

Sorry for going off topic!

Last edited by Nashville; Mar 19, 2019 at 1:42 AM. Reason: Lefdt something out

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 8:20 PM

Updated renderings for the Nashville MLS stadium have been released on the club's official site. From the website....
Quote:
Given the size, scope and challenges in building what will be the largest soccer specific stadium in the U.S., we have adjusted our construction timeline such that we will begin play in our new stadium at the start of the 2022 MLS season.

And yes, it is a little architecturally underwhelming for a league stadium, but it's a MLS soccer specific stadium and it's in Nashville. It may have been designed to fit in with the other mixed-use development planned for the site. A hint of the possible style revealed in the early community involvement stages...….

It sounds like they may have to play the first two seasons in the 69,000 seat Nissan Stadium where the Tennessee Titans play.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 2:37 PM

The Nashville MLS Stadium design was never a spectacular one from the start. I was hoping for something a bit more futuristic and modern looking. And, who knows maybe it will be when all is said and done. I know people in the DC area are mixed on how Audi Field turned out for the DC United MLS club. The stadium looked better in renderings than it does in person to me. I don't dislike it but it's not an architectural gem by any measure. I think because it replaced what was an industrial area of DC, people see it as an improvement to say the least. However, a lot of people were hoping for something that would offset Nationals Park across the street which is much bigger and is just blah from the street. So, Nashville's MLS Stadium will probably be such an improvement over what the fairgrounds buildings previously looked like that many will see it beyond the basic design that it looks like it will be externally. It would be nice if they could do something more like what LA is doing for their MLS team. Or, even the proposed designs that other competing cities put forward when they were being considered like Charlotte and Indy. The new Cincy MLS stadium looks like it's going to be pretty cool.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations