HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 7:00 AM

The tallest to roof height.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 8:15 AM

Wonderfully slim. I like it for being both this slender and plainly boxy. It turns out a stylish supertall, I find.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 8:47 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Aug 31, 2014 at 9:07 AM.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 8:43 PM
BANNED

Wow look at 432 in those pics.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 6:41 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 7:36 AM

Not sure if this got posted... but it's from July 23: http://youtu.be/8G_5guwWfq0 (won't allow to embed)

It's tall, and has amazing views... but I can't help but KINDA agree with this random commenter: "432 Park looks like a grotesquely over-sized chimney, scarring the skyline. As an oasis for the very rich, in more ways than one it gives the middle finger to the rest of us."

Every skyscraper contributes to the skyline in its own way... But I just wonder about super-thin talls like this... Personally, I wouldn't feel safe until I studied the architecture and walked in it and could assure myself it was reasonably safe.

Edit: Yes, they're for the super rich... but it's still a feat of architecture! Even if it does look like a chimney. Here's the 57th St of the future:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
Are you agreeing with your own comment and pretending to be someone else?

Try to be a better troll next time, okay? 4/10
Hi Eveningsong, registered Apr 2013 with 1,060 posts. I'm Sam, and I registered in Sep 2002, and I have 221 posts. Who's the troll? Leave me alone. I contributed. Sheesh...

Last edited by mrjoanofarc; Sep 1, 2014 at 11:25 PM.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 9:36 PM
BANNED

More buildings for the 1% are on there way!

Last edited by Perklol; Sep 2, 2014 at 12:40 AM.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=NYguy;6712964]Fco. Javier Cid

1717 Broadway looks puny compared to the two other residential giants in this photo.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 11:35 PM

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 12:42 AM
BANNED

[QUOTE=surplusQ;6713333]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Fco. Javier Cid

1717 Broadway looks puny compared to the two other residential giants in this photo.
So true.

P.S. Why is someone editing their post when I write something. O.O
Also being a member for a really long time is SO important, right?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 1:48 AM

Quote:
NYC headed for its highest point in global influence and economic might. The rich just happen to call it home.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 3:54 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

You won't be happy until they build that 1,000 ft housing project, but that's probably not gonna happen.

On that same note, I see a few people complaining about more "towers for the rich", and yet not take into account the very small footprint these towers have on the city.
Who cares who lives up there? Would people really be happier if the penthouse units went for $5 to $10 million instead of $90 to $100? Would it be better if the top floor
were some office for a wealthy CEO getting ready for another multi-million bonus?

jkjhsu

rollfilm2

We're getting there

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 2, 2014 at 4:31 PM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 4:32 PM
BANNED

^^I'm not complaining. I was just pointing out that more ultra luxury towers will join the Midtown skyline to the unemployed poster a few posts back. If I did somehow have a problem, then I wouldn't have joined SPP, no?

*cough* ask to #6486 *cough*

I really do like 432's pale white color.

Last edited by Perklol; Sep 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 5:01 PM

"On that same note, I see a few people complaining about more "towers for the rich", and yet not take into account the very small footprint these towers have on the city.
Who cares who lives up there? Would people really be happier if the penthouse units went for $5 to $10 million instead of $90 to $100? Would it be better if the top floor
were some office for a wealthy CEO getting ready for another multi-million bonus?"
^
(copy and pasted) (not sure how to quote without photos again.)
Now if they went for 5 to 10 million, I would consider that a place on my house hunting trip! (my nose is suddenly getting longer..) Actually, everything is relative. I remember the price of a Cadillac (car) being in the 3k range. My Mom only paid $6000 for her house in West Philly (when I was a toddler back in the 50's.) Not the greatest neighborhood but still cheap. Five to Ten million is really almost average in today's terms of value. But I'd be happy with a couple of hundred thousand. So what if they're almost 100 million ? Someone obviously out there has that kind of money to spend, so be it. You only live once. More power to them.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 6:03 PM

Here is a closeup of the base on Park Avenue, first from across the street, then from right underneath the scaffolds. Taken yesterday:

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 7:23 PM

Man, this tower will take on a dirty-New-York look in no time.
I think I like that!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 11:30 PM
FriskyDingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktko View Post
Man, this tower will take on a dirty-New-York look in no time.
I think I like that!
Yes you are right. I want to take this tower for a nice meal, possibly a drink and then see where that goes. Lol. Bravo for capitalism and having an economy that attracts the 1% or any percent. No reason not to celebrate that fact. Please, no political replies. This is a good time to be a SSP fan. Planning my next trip as we speak! Still have hundreds of pics from last November (birthday trip) I never posted.

NY guy, that pic with the NYC fog, thank you for posting. That is my new background....

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 9:54 AM

Quote:
and the problem with that is????? Are the 1% taking all the construction jobs this project provided or what about the service jobs this building will create, the 1% taking those? These projects are GREAT for New York, geesh

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM
Member of SSP since 1997

I'll have more pics, but here are two I took this weekend:

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 12:31 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Great pics. I can't wait to see someone climb this thing. Vinoly's sequel downtown will be only 40 ft shorter, so I'm curious to see how that turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikeyphilly View Post
Now if they went for 5 to 10 million, I would consider that a place on my house hunting trip!

Five to Ten million is really almost average in today's terms of value.

You do realize that the average New Yorker looking for a home won't be looking in that price range, and that's New York where prices are up there compared to most other places. People generally look at 5 to 10 million dollar apartments as being unaffordable (we have this whole issue with affordable housing). Basically, there's no difference in obtainability between 10 and 100 million. Would they be happier that the "better off" people who can afford the lower end of the spectrum will get an apartment? Not likely.

Good Day New York usually gives us live shots of the skyline throughout, especially close ups of the Freedom Tower. Lately they've been giving us 432 Park as well.

Video Link

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive