HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 8:42 AM

Toulouse, La Ville Rose

Random Photos I took in my meanderings around Toulouse .It's the home of AirBus and I think I caught a distant pic of the new prototype A350 . Anyway Toulouse is a fantastic city enjoy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toulouse
easterP1030221 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterP1030229 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8064 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8024 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8012 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8195 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8186 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8184 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8177 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8165 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8134 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8131 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8126 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8125 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8124 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8120 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8071 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8067 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8063 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8062 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8059 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8049 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8048 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8047 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8046 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8044 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8041 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8023 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8017 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8016 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8015 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8011 by fern.allan, on Flickr easterIMG_8008 by fern.allan, on Flickr

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 11:56 AM

Thank you!!! This one will please one of us on here (New Brisavoine who's from over there if I remember well).

There's quite a couple of our cities we don't see enough on here. I'm blaming on no one, however, huh. Myself, I'm terribly unskilful at taking pictures. Everytime I tried, I realized how long it would take for me to learn how to use a camera.

Thanks again. Toulouse is one of the French people's favs... I know quite a couple of guys who'd move over there if they had an opportunity.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 12:17 PM

Thanks for sharing - the toe tag warning on the cigarettes is hilarious!

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Thank you!!! This one will please one of us on here (New Brisavoine who's from over there if I remember well).

There's quite a couple of our cities we don't see enough on here. I'm blaming on no one, however, huh. Myself, I'm terribly unskilful at taking pictures. Everytime I tried, I realized how long it would take for me to learn how to use a camera.

Thanks again. Toulouse is one of the French people's favs... I know quite a couple of guys who'd move over there if they had an opportunity.
We stayed in a little town called Pibrac and would take the train in to Toulouse. A couple of things that surprised me was how much more ethnically mixed and urban/gritty Toulouse was from what I had been expecting .If only I could master the French language I would move there in a heart beat

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 2:33 PM

^ Ah, speaking French may be something, finding a job on the spot is something else, whatever your mother tongue (and really, English is less and less of a problem anywhere in France). Even engineers working for Airbus subcontractors have to go through a little struggle to move there. But if they really want to, they eventually make it.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 3:55 PM

Toulouse - home of Airbus and one of the "authentic" versions of cassoulet!

Nice thread.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:00 PM

Great tour - quite an architectural heritage there.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 3:52 PM

Great pics! Been near Toulouse lots of times but never visited the city itself. Next time I will make the detour for sure!

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 8:50 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

What a beautiful city.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 10:39 PM
Paradise Island

Nice thread. Toulouse looks cool, France tends to do cities very well.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fern View Post
Anyway Toulouse is a fantastic city enjoy
If you liked it now, you will like it anytime. Toulouse is currently (July-August) at its deadest, and usually hottest (but not these past weeks, which have been unusually cold for the season). It's the time of the year when the students are out of town (students make up one-quarter of the population in the city of Toulouse), and workers are also out of town, on holidays, to escape the usually suffocating heat at this time of the year. I hate Toulouse in July-August.

Come September, and suddenly life returns as if by magic. When the universities reopen in late September, the city is back in full bloom, with young people in the streets everywhere, and parties, parties, parties.

See, this is dead. These streets in your pictures should normally be full of people were it not for July-August:

And this is how it looks during the school year:

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 3:36 AM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Thank you for the tour!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 6:16 AM
Tokyo and Paris fan

In most French cities, mid-July and August is the deadest time.
Paris is much less busy than usual, Lyon almost feels like a ghost town.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 2:43 AM

Great thread, thanks for the tour!

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 3:48 PM

I was in Toulouse this week, and it sure looked good. I took these pictures with my phone on Wednesday. In Paris that day they had only 18C (64F), with gray skies and rain all day. In Toulouse the same day we had 30C (86F), and pure blue skies as you can see. The city is as beautiful as ever. I didn't know the existence of that park which they created next to the 15th-century city walls.

They have transformed the former slaughterhouses into a modern art museum. The dome behind is that of Toulouse's medieval hospital. Catching the real color of Toulouse's bricks with a camera is super hard. In this picture, to the right, you have what's closest to the true color of Toulouse's bricks. When you see them with your own eyes, the 15th-century city walls have the same color as the brick to the right of the picture below (with my camera, the two pictures above, they look pale, which they are not in reality).

When I left Toulouse that day, I took this picture from the hilly north-eastern suburbs of the city, shortly after sunset. Downtown Toulouse is beyond the hills, and you can see the mighty Pyrénées mountains in the background (about 65 miles from where I stood as the crow flies). Those north-eastern suburbs are upper-middle-class, very beautiful, and booming (year after year, there are more and more houses on the hills).

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 5:59 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

awesome job, it looks very interesting and i need to visit sometime -- i have nothing to lose

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos