HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Today, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_crow View Post
I know the BierBeisl moved from Beverly Hills to Downtown, I also saw you guy's talking about an opening in 2015 (I forgot the name), but the reviews on Yelp were really bad.
I just had lunch there today. It started with bad reviews because he had a 15% service charge. He deleted that. It is great food.

Old Posted Today, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
I thought Apex 2 was Caramel Partners?
It is Holland partners

Last edited by Resident; Today at 4:20 AM.

Old Posted Today, 4:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident View Post
I just had lunch there today. It started with bad reviews because he had a 15% service charge. He deleted that. It is great food.
.. what happened to the BierBeisl?

I know them from Beverly Hills, they were great. They wanted a bigger place, for more people and that's what we get? An Imbiss? I pay 24$ for a Wiener Schnitzel and get the "Imbiss-Style"?

The old place was so exclusive and beautiful.

That is so disappointing for a native German. It looks like the Wurstküche (great place), just cheaper and yes, it's not. Don't get me wrong, I guess the place is still ok, but that ambience is a shock.

Not only the ambience, all the great food is gone, it's just an Imbiss now.

Old Posted Today, 4:39 AM

Slightly updated version of that list.. I'll add more like budgets & number of units when I have time.

Any other suggestions?

Old Posted Today, 5:09 AM
Another day in Paradise

^ Nice list! One thing: Frankentower 2 is listed as a "Renal" property

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Today, 6:29 AM

The list is ok, but you might want to go for lighter colors.
This hits me like a punch in the face.

Make Excel great again!

PS:

No need for budget numbers, keep it simple.

Old Posted Today, 6:31 AM

What about 1201 Grand and 1233 Grand?

Old Posted Today, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay View Post
^ Nice list! One thing: Frankentower 2 is listed as a "Renal" property
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_crow View Post
The list is ok, but you might want to go for lighter colors.
This hits me like a punch in the face.

Make Excel great again!

PS:

No need for budget numbers, keep it simple.
These are the lightest blue & greens Numbers is letting me use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
What about 1201 Grand and 1233 Grand?
Thanks!

Holy crap there is no way even 3+ of these happen (outside the 2 that have already broken ground). We're in a bubble so much larger than the last - get your cash ready, investment opportunities are coming!

Old Posted Today, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTLAdenizen View Post
Not my estimates. I don't believe most of these will happen, but I wanted to put it out there so we can see what could have been.

I was hoping your list was possibly based on insider news you had gotten from the various devlprs of the projs being tallied.....that maybe your work in doing professional pictorial shoots in dt had opened the doors to some interesting chatter you've heard on the grapevine during the past few wks. But your words of caution about real estate bubbles & my hearing lots of ongoing talk about looming...growing...weaknesses in many of the world's economies should have made me know the idea of a lot more groundbreakings in dtla this yr is not terribly realistic.

so much of the new devlpt in dt is overly dependent on housing only, with a bit of back up from hotel projs. but that's not as broad based an economy as it should be....as it would have to be to open the doors to lots more new devlpt. It's tough to go beyond projs that are more than just apts or condos when this is going on....

Quote:

Despite being a much-hyped neighborhood, Downtown’s South Park office submarket saw its vacancy rise in the fourth quarter. A total of 17.2 percent of its space was empty, up from 16 percent in the previous quarter, according to a report by Colliers International.

It also saw negative absorption of 37,500 feet in the fourth quarter and 183,500 square feet in 2015.

The 11 buildings that make up the 3.3 million-square-foot submarket saw 65,000 square feet of leasing activity in the fourth quarter. No construction was completed, but 78,500 square feet was underway.

Rents in South Park were slightly lower than rents in Downtown’s Financial District and Bunker Hill submarkets, at $2.88 a square foot a month ($34.63 a square foot a year).

btw, the various apt projs from the much derided gh palmer....due to his love of faux tuscan architecture & his bldgs being clones of one another....seem to have fewer vacancies than some of the other major apt devlpt in dt. This is based on the number of available apts listed on his apt bldg's websites. that's another reason why when this thread meanders off into the realm of armchair architecture reviews instead of assessments on economics, I feel like a big part of the picture is missing.

Old Posted Today, 3:44 PM

Old Posted Today, 8:36 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMP View Post
That would be Clifton's. Never mind the haters, I just went down there for the first time and it was awesome! The kind of thing that you would expect to see in Downtown San Francisco.
So funny that you mention San Francisco. Andrew Meieran, the owner/proprietor of The Edison and Clifton's, has many properties in San Francisco, which is really where he got his start developing. I want to say that the Higgins/Edison was his first project in LA. Not the easiest person to work with as he can be a perfectionist - which I think he would readily admit - but the dude definitely has vision and pretty impeccable taste.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations