HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Building Requests & Database Corrections > Completed Requests

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 9:28 AM
Editor

Antoun

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 6:36 PM
I am the law!

Antoun

I'm sure most of the corrections you're posting are helpful however, what purpose is there with this correction?

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=234499

It boldly presume skyscrapercenter.com is always more accurate than the SSP database which is insulting to us few, diligent, SSP editors. Updating this site is more involved than copying and pasting information from another site and removing information already posted on this site. Anyone can copy and paste as well.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 9:20 PM
Editor

I’m not trying to insult anyone on this website by doing this. I’m not too sure why you would say that to be honest. My only goal is to try make this site as accurate and realistic as possible providing information from official sources.

Out of all the requests I’ve posted I know you have picked that one out because you are Canadian which I understand but you have to look at what your saying. So your saying to me whats the point of this particular request? Well its easy. The completion date was 2018. The building obviously won’t be completed this year so the best thing do was to remove the completion date just to be more accurate and realistic which is exactly what I was doing.

I know I have sent in a ton of requests but I can assure you from now that is nothing compared to how many more Im going to send in. I only do this because I love this site which I’ve now been on for exactly 10 years. Im literally on this all the time at least 4-5 times a day for long periods of time.

I respect all mods and editors and also my fellow SSP family because we are what makes this awesome site. I used to be an editor on the database myself before being stripped from the job. I was praised by many for the requests I was completing and corrections on the database I was making.

I would really appreciate if you mods and editors can have a discussion with Dylan to make me an editor again, to be honest I think that might be the best solution especailly because of past experience. Thanks for reading through and understanding, i really hope I can get some good news soon.

Just remember one thing, I dont abuse or have no respect for anyone on this site, instead I love and appreciate the family of what this forum and database really is.

Cheers from Australia,

Antoun

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 8:05 PM
I am the law!

That may be your goal but, you're not doing it by requesting existing data to be changed to reflect another site or requesting data to be deleted without knowing all the details. Yes, I chose this building specifically because I know exactly why the completion date is set to 2018 and why it should stay that way. It reflects it being an older proposal and on the verge of going stale.

Sure it's just a date but, you know this isn't the first time you've requested or edited data thinking it was inaccurate when the other sites or member's requests were inaccurate. Filling in an empty slots is one thing. Any data is better than no data. Editing existing data requires some due diligence. I've never seen that from you.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 12:21 PM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Going to go on Whippernsapper with this. On requests like this, you're going to have to actually do research and provide more than one source on projects like this. If there is missing information on an existing building or something like there where it's easy to confirm something (floor count, etc.), then those changes can be made. But simply removing dates for projects influx based on one source is not going to cut it. Unless the status on a building can be confirmed incorrect, there is really no purpose in just removing dates.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 12:40 PM
Editor

No problem. Thats understandable. Can you please at least attend my other requests and ignore requests like this one that say remove dates? Just delete them.

Hope everyone is on the same page now.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 3:32 AM
Editor

Please move this thread. Thanks

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Building Requests & Database Corrections > Completed Requests