HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 6:06 PM

I think the proposal has changed (approx 2-3 months ago) and added an office feature at least:

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Here's the Devapp:

https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applica...4-0067/details

I sent them a message expressing my frustration. I recommend you do the same.

It's mind boggling how we're investing hundreds of millions in rail for these fields getting developed into retail parking lots while denser and further densifying urban corridors line Rideau-Montreal and Bank get nothing.
I believe this is the correct Dev App:

https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applica...2-0010/details

The one you linked is across the street and has been stagnant for half a decade. Cheers

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainView View Post
I believe this is the correct Dev App:

https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applica...2-0010/details

The one you linked is across the street and has been stagnant for half a decade. Cheers
Thanks! Sorry about that. I'll edit my post with the correct link.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Thanks! Sorry about that. I'll edit my post with the correct link.
No need to apologize.

There's also another one across the street that has said a Food Basics is coming soon for at least a handful of years:

StreetView

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 7:05 PM

Quote:
I think the proposal has changed (approx 2-3 months ago) and added an office feature at least:

You can even see the two drive-throughs in this rendering. I would think this was a hilarious joke if it wasn't so real and enraging.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 7:05 PM

I sent in my comments. Hopefully it does something. If that pocket of Riverside South (Leitrim / Limeback) can develop into a dense, lively, little main street neighborhood that would be awesome. It's a blank canvas right now, let's use our imagination and not just repeat the same mistakes we've done countless times before.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 7:14 PM

I should have commented on the proposal instead of just sending a correct link... my bad.

I think retail is needed in this area, but I do agree that having some residential mixed in (especially across from the LRT station) is definitely needed.

I will admit... it is very car-centric right now and those two drive-thru locations will likely make a killing. No good place to get a coffee in this neighbourhood.

Perhaps it could be an Equator Coffee with a nice place to sit inside but with a drive-thru.

The entire proposal does look terrifying to pedestrians though.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 5:08 PM
National Capital Region

https://v2.ottwatch.ca/devapp/D07-12-22-0169

1515 Earl Armstrong Road - The development of 12 commercial building for a total of 12,762m2 (137,370 ft2)

Site plan submitted for the development discussed above

Old Posted Jan 19, 2023, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
https://v2.ottwatch.ca/devapp/D07-12-22-0169

1515 Earl Armstrong Road - The development of 12 commercial building for a total of 12,762m2 (137,370 ft2)

Site plan submitted for the development discussed above
It gets better. Here are all the plans around the intersection, right next to our $70+ million investment:

https://twitter.com/MattPinder1/stat...C4nc-cu-wsAAAA

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 1:01 PM

Curious - - why aren't they putting residential towers here/combined with these buildings? I'm thinking of Canadian Tire in Toronto where they are putting skyscrapers ontop of their new buildings.

Found 'now leasing' for this site for Sept 2024: https://www.urbandalecorporation.com...rmstrong-plaza

Same sort of approach at 801 Eagleson. Why is this still happening? Where are the green roof/solar/permeable pavement solutions?

Last edited by Ottawacurious; Mar 28, 2023 at 1:24 PM. Reason: Added hyperlink to 'limeback crossing - now leasing' sept 2024

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawacurious View Post
Curious - - why aren't they putting residential towers here/combined with these buildings? I'm thinking of Canadian Tire in Toronto where they are putting skyscrapers ontop of their new buildings.

Found 'now leasing' for this site for Sept 2024: https://www.urbandalecorporation.com...rmstrong-plaza

Same sort of approach at 801 Eagleson. Why is this still happening? Where are the green roof/solar/permeable pavement solutions?
100% agree. Asphalt surface parking should no longer be allowed, neither should big-box with no residential. Fords sweeping changes should have placed a ban on excessive surface parking and exclusive big box land uses, especially near transit.

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 5:32 PM

I've heard a rumour that Sobey's has a lease for something in this development. I can only assume that is "building L".

Probably too small for a full sized Sobeys, Freshco is right down the road, so that really only leaves a Farm Boy. It would be the right demographic for it, but there are two already in Barrhaven.

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 5:36 PM

For the love of God, why is this still allowed!? Hey, Ford, how about banning these? Force developers to build housing on top? Housing crisis, right?

Worse yet is this one is a stone's throw from a rapid transit station 50% funded by the Province.

Retail fronting the street, with towers on top. Parking at the back with tree lined pedestrian and cycling lanes. That's what should be allowed, not a giant parking with single storey buildings randomly plopped all over.

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 5:52 PM

This is legit one of the worst developments beside any train station in the city. And that's saying something. No density, zero walkability. This is garbage.

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 6:42 PM

Garbage. Will we ever learn from our mistakes?

Even if it it wasn't towers, would it be so hard to include 5-6 stories of residential on top of most buildings? If you reconfigure the roads, add residential and include a little park/plaza on here, this could truly be a 15-min community. Everything you need to get by and transit nearby for when you need to get around.

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 7:46 PM

Good lord.

Old Posted May 17, 2023, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
Garbage. Will we ever learn from our mistakes?

Even if it it wasn't towers, would it be so hard to include 5-6 stories of residential on top of most buildings? If you reconfigure the roads, add residential and include a little park/plaza on here, this could truly be a 15-min community. Everything you need to get by and transit nearby for when you need to get around.
Right! This is legitimately a 15-minute community, with all the basic retail needs and then some. All that's missing is, THE RESIDENTS.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 2:03 PM

Quote:
I've heard a rumour that Sobey's has a lease for something in this development. I can only assume that is "building L".

Probably too small for a full sized Sobeys, Freshco is right down the road, so that really only leaves a Farm Boy. It would be the right demographic for it, but there are two already in Barrhaven.

I'm not sure if this was approved yet, but site prep is well underway.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 4:10 PM

How the hell is this shit still getting developed ♂️

Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 5:18 PM

That's the garbage near the new RAPID TRANSIT station? It's just soooo insulting how the City holds up plans on Baseline and Carling, waiting for more density, no plans along dense, urban Rideau-Montreal, yet we spend $Millions, $Billions on transit in rural and low-density suburban areas where we still see terrible proposals like this, if anything.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs