Arena impact on local businesses and resident.
The focus of the presentation from OEG was on parking and traffic, so here’s what the numbers look like now.
• 18,000 — Off-street parking stalls within a 15-minute walk of the arena
• 4,000 — Parking spots being made available through Panda Parking to book online prior to events
• 5,800 — Parking spots needed to host a major concert or Oilers Game
• 200 — Bike stalls outside of the arena. Stalls for employees will be inside the building as well.
• 24/7 — OEG says security will be monitoring the district while patrons head to their cars and bikes, catch a cab or a ride-sharing service