HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
I agree, light rail transit from airport to downtown is really important. It definitely should be at the top of the list. I would say the Uofa campus is the main draw of people visiting tucson and downtown/4th ave is the connector with future hotel rooms and lots of restaurants for the tourists. Also, along with Sonoran desert museum, it's all balanced more on the west side of town and it just makes sense for that connection.
I would have the TIA route as my top priority for sure. Probably run it down Stone/6th Ave., past the VA Hospital, and have it stop at Laos Transit Center, then down Nogales Hwy. to TIA. Maybe even down Valenica to Pima Air and Space Museum and maybe even on to the U of A Tech Park out on Rita Rd.

Next route would be down Aviation Hwy./Golf Links to DMAFB, up Wilmot to the Park Place Mall, then down Broadway back to downtown. One big loop. Easy access to downtown and 4th Ave. and to Park Place and the restaurants and bars in that area for those on the Air Force Base. Also stops at El Con/Reid Park.

Then next main one would be up Oracle or Stone to Tucson Mall, and would make a stop at the Tohono Tadai Transit Center.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 8:26 PM

If I recall, the TIA Long-Range Plan indicated there would be a new "main entrance" and roadway access...can't remember if it was Country Club and/or off of Nogales Highway/I-19.

With that in mind, installing the extension's rails, stops, and even ROW (maybe its own designated lane in certain areas, streetcar and lightrail combo) would be coordinated.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Finally found the preliminary renderings for the Speedway & Campbell project. The allusions to Whole Foods are pretty obvious.

These renderings are awesome...can't wait for this development and the "arena site" development.

The west-end needs to pick-up...

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtucsonboy77 View Post
These renderings are awesome...can't wait for this development and the "arena site" development.

The west-end needs to pick-up...
I hope these rendering are very preliminary. There's a very 1960s vibe to these - I think they'd look quite dated, sort of like Disney's Tomorrowland. Are those outside walkways all the way around all levels?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest