HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 27, 2013, 11:59 PM
ハルウララ

Shit...Tkachev is a quality prospect and would certainly boost Moncton's offense.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2013, 1:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Cat Tracks:

As previously reported, Vladimir Tchakev is now a Moncton Wildcat. His IIHF transfer papers have been signed and all he is waiting for now is his Canadian visa. He should be with the team in about a week.

The Cats have acquired Dillon Donnelly from the Quebec Remparts (for a fifth round pick) and have released Danick Emond. Both players are 20 year old defencemen.

Goalie Graham Hunt has been released and will be replaced by 17 year old Jason Rioux from the Shawinigan organization. This will undoubtedly improve our goaltending situation where Alex Dubeau effectively had no back-up.

As previously mentioned, Cameron Yarwood and Lucas Batt have been traded for draft picks.

On the News 91.9 broadcast after the game (which I always listen to driving home from the Coliseum), the announcers mentioned that listeners should stay tuned to the Cats website for information about yet another trade "which could be quite interesting"………

So far the Cats have strengthened their goaltending experience, added a solid 20 year old defenceman and have acquired a potential superstar offensive player in the last week. The cost has been minimal (so far) but I am concerned over the new trade which has been rumoured. I hope the Cats are not thinking of monkeying too much more with the team. The trades so far have been good, but the current team has good chemistry and I am worried that further meddling might impact on this chemistry……….

Old Posted Dec 30, 2013, 11:19 PM
ハルウララ

I guess the move you're speaking of is today's trade of Ryan Penny to Rouyn-Noranda for a 2nd and 4th round pick in this year's draft. Not a bad trade really, although Penny put up decent, consistent numbers for the Cats. This is definitely a trade to make room for Tkachyov.

I'm not entirely sure what the Huskies are trying to do right now...they traded St-Cyr to Baie-Comeau for a 1st rounder, and then acquire Penny from Moncton and Decelles from Blainville whilst giving up four draft picks in the process. Are they building, are they trading for picks? They seem to want to do both right now.

Baie-Comeau is certainly trying to build their team for a playoff push with the acquisition of St-Cyr.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 12:01 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Yes, I guess that must be it…….

I am of two minds on this trade. Penny has not put up stellar numbers this season (probably headed for a sub 20 goal season), but he was a character player who did a decent job as team captain. He will be missed.

As I pointed out before, the Cats have a dearth of high draft picks over the course of the next two years and this will help to address this. It is probably good for the future of the team.

The Cats have been very busy, trading away or releasing nearly 1/4 of the team roster. For a team that has won 10 out of the last 11 games, this could make a big difference in team chemistry. I hope this is it for the trade period……...

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 4:36 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I hope this is it for the trade period……...
Nope

Although not as big of a trade, Moncton today traded their 10th round pick in this year's draft to Cape Breton for D Gareth Nicholson of Kentville, NS.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2014, 3:50 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Another ex Wildcat has cracked the roster of an NHL team.

Dimitri Jaskin is now officially a member of the St Louis Blues. He was called up in December and scored his first NHL goal on December 28th.

There are now 14 ex Wildcats active in the NHL this year.......

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 3:55 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current (2013-14) scoring race for ex-Wildcats in the NHL:

player               team        pos     GP     G     A     P

Keith Yandle Phoenix D 41 6 22 28
P A Parenteau Colorado F 38 9 15 24
Brad Marchand Boston F 42 10 11 21
Andrew MacDonald Islanders D 43 3 17 20
Jason Demers San Jose D 39 2 15 17
Gabriel Bourque Nashville F 38 5 8 13
David Savard Columbus D 34 2 8 10
Johnny Oduya Chicago D 44 2 8 10
Steve Bernier New Jersey F 43 3 6 9
F Beauchemin Anaheim D 33 1 8 9
Mark Barberio Tampa Bay D 25 0 4 4
Dimitrij Jaskin St Louis F 4 1 0 1
Zack Sill Pittsburgh F 17 0 0 0

Corey Crawford Chicago G 28 17(W) 6(L) 4(OTL) 2,49(GAA)

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 2:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Wildcats humiliated the Mooseheads by a score of 5-1 tonight in Halifax. I believe that the Cats have now taken five out of the seven games against Halfax so far this season.

I think the Moose must be getting tired of losing to the Cats in their own barn this season……..

EDIT - just checked on the Q League website:
Sept. 12        Moncton 4-0          in Halifax
Sept. 20 Halifax 5-2 in Moncton
Nov. 8 Halifax 4-0 in Halifax
Dec. 1 Moncton 2-0 in Halifax
Dec. 20 Moncton 5-4 in Moncton
Dec. 21 Moncton 2-1 in Halifax
Jan. 10 Moncton 5-1 in Halifax

So, yes - we are ahead five games to two in the season series and have taken four out of five in Halifax.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jan 11, 2014 at 2:58 AM.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The Wildcats humiliated the Mooseheads by a score of 5-1 tonight in Halifax. I believe that the Cats have now taken five out of the seven games against Halfax so far this season.

I think the Moose must be getting tired of losing to the Cats in their own barn this season……..

EDIT - just checked on the Q League website:
Sept. 12        Moncton 4-0          in Halifax
Sept. 20 Halifax 5-2 in Moncton
Nov. 8 Halifax 4-0 in Halifax
Dec. 1 Moncton 2-0 in Halifax
Dec. 20 Moncton 5-4 in Moncton
Dec. 21 Moncton 2-1 in Halifax
Jan. 10 Moncton 5-1 in Halifax

So, yes - we are ahead five games to two in the season series and have taken four out of five in Halifax.
Most of those matches Halifax wasn't playing with a full roster, including last night where we were still missing Drouin and Fucale. Moncton has been lucky. Anyways we are the Memorial Cup Champions, a slightly more important stat.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 6:16 PM
ハルウララ

And the Sea Dogs have a Memorial Cup and TWO QMJHL titles. How much is that helping them in 2013-2014?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 1:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Chicoutimi Saguenéens’ sent Charles Hudon to the Baie-Comeau Drakkar in exchange for the third round pick of 2014, and first round picks of 2015, 2016 and 2017.

There is no question that Baie Comeau is going for it this year. Hudon is a big catch, but shit - talk about emptying the cupboard…….

Old Posted Jan 19, 2014, 8:18 PM
ハルウララ

2013-2014 Attendances
As of: January 18th, 2014

2012-2013 Attendance......2013-2014 Attendance (thru Jan 18th)
Acadie-Bathurst.1,411.....1,553
Cape Breton......2,471.....2,455
Charlottetown...1,805.....2,381
Halifax.............8,686.....7,832
Moncton...........4,519.....3,906
Saint John........3,992.....3,147

Most attendances are down as we have yet to go through the Q's highest attedance stretch (late season playoff runs). Even then, the Maritimes consists of two of three teams who have higher attendances than all of last season on average thus far (Charlottetown and Bathurst. Drummondville is the sole Quebec team).

Cape Breton are close and should surely improve upon last season's average. I imagine Halifax and Moncton will pull back their numbers but I anticipate Saint John having their lowest on-average season in their history. Typical given the downswing they're currently experiencing.

At 2,381 this is PEI's highest average since 2007. In their first two seasons they drew averages of 3,000+.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2014, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
2013-2014 Attendances
As of: January 18th, 2014

2012-2013 Attendance......2013-2014 Attendance (thru Jan 18th)
Acadie-Bathurst.1,411.....1,553
Cape Breton......2,471.....2,455
Charlottetown...1,805.....2,381
Halifax.............8,686.....7,832
Moncton...........4,519.....3,906
Saint John........3,992.....3,147

Most attendances are down as we have yet to go through the Q's highest attedance stretch (late season playoff runs). Even then, the Maritimes consists of two of three teams who have higher attendances than all of last season on average thus far (Charlottetown and Bathurst. Drummondville is the sole Quebec team).

Cape Breton are close and should surely improve upon last season's average. I imagine Halifax and Moncton will pull back their numbers but I anticipate Saint John having their lowest on-average season in their history. Typical given the downswing they're currently experiencing.

At 2,381 this is PEI's highest average since 2007. In their first two seasons they drew averages of 3,000+.
Cape Breton will pick up for sure as they head into the home stretch. I think a lot of fans in and around Sydney have been feeling a bit of apathy toward the team after the last few miserable seasons of complete embarrassment. Through the first half, fans have been sitting back and waiting for the team to crumble in front of them and much to everyone's surprise, they're keeping pace with everybody and actually showing a lot of poise. Dumont has been doing a lot to increase the team's visibility in the community and once they get to the playoffs the city will get back on board with the Eagles.

Great to see Charlottetown's attendance numbers climb that high too, they need a good showing this season to keep that team on the island.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
QMJHL Roundup: Mooseheads' Zach Fucale becomes youngest goalie to reach 100 wins

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=701665

Mooseheads are on 5 game winning streak, after scoring 31 goals in their last 5 games. They now sit 1 point back from first place in the league standings. Halifax is looking good with everyone back and healthy along with the addition of Philippe Gadoury who has 7 points in his first 6 games in the Q with the Moose.

Cape Breton is on a 3 game winning streak as well, while Moncton and Charlottetown have both lost their last 4 games.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 6:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Yes, the Wildcats have been in a tailspin since the end of the trading period. Methinks they might have monkeyed around a bit too much with the line-up and destroyed team chemistry. The team had looked really good in December.

Oh well, Tkachev will finally join the team for the next game against Chicoutimi. Hopefully after he works into the team systems after a few games things will turn around........

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 2:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Well, Vladimir Tkachev finally had his debut with the Moncton Wildcats this evening and I would say it's safe to say he made an instant impression……..

Tkachev had two goals and two assists in a 7-4 home ice victory by the Wildcats over Chicoutimi. He was named first star of the game.

I think we'll be seeing big things from him in the future, especially after he works into the team systems.

He has been teamed with Barbashev (and I imagine they will be perpetual line mates). Barbashev had one goal and three assists in the game. The Cats now have two solid scoring lines. The second line is anchored by Caissy and Garland. This should make a big difference to our scoring output……..

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 3:29 AM
ハルウララ

Tkachev is going to be so good in this league. Can't wait to see him and Barbashev on a line when they roll into Gatineau.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2014, 2:43 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Wildcats polished off the Charlottetown Islanders tonight by a score of 7-1.

Barbashev led the way with a five point night (a hat trick and two assists). His line mate Tkachev scored a goal and had three assists. Tkachev now has 12 points in his first six games as a Wildcat. Lalonde also scored two goals giving him 33 on the season.

The bad news is that there was a lot of fighting in the last five minutes of the game. The Islanders were a tad upset over the way the game unfolded. We're probably going to lose several players to one game suspensions as a result of the fisticuffs. Add this to Mark Simpson still being out with a broken clavicle and Conor Garland out for the rest of the regular season with a broken wrist, and we will have a depleted squad when we face the Mooseheads at home on Sunday. We'll likely lose that game, especially with the Moose at full staff and looking for vengeance because we've been handling them most of the season.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 1:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I was wrong……

The Wildcats easily handled the Moose again, defeating them by a score of 6-2 tonight at the Moncton Coliseum.

The Cats were led by Ivan Barbashev and JC Campagna with two goals each.

Zachary Fucale meanwhile looked very ordinary for the Mooseheads, letting in five goals on only 21 shots over 49 minutes. Alex Dubeau on the other hand was spectacular in the net for the Wildcats.

The Wildcats now lead the season series between the two clubs 6 games to 2.

I'm looking forward to meeting the Mooseheads in the playoffs.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Feb 10, 2014 at 1:58 AM.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 1:53 PM

And average attendance numbe should got up a bit for the bathurst titan, all tho they are in an awefull losing streak, the last few home games racked up over 2000 people in the kc irving center! The changes the organisation has made so far seems to be working and brigning people back to the game! Now all we need is a winning team and the numbers should keep going up!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces