HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 11:38 AM

So good is our database for Europe

Now, I make a statement of the database in Europe:

The database may contain all man-made structures taller than 181 metres, which actually exist in the following countries:
- UK
- Ireland
- France
- Spain
- Portugal
- Italy
- Germany
- Denmark
- Netherlands
- Belgium
- Luxemburg
- Switzerland
- Austria
- Czech
- Poland
- Slovakia
- Hungary
- Romania
- Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia & Hercogowina, Macedonia
- Bulgaria
- Iceland
- Greece
- Latvia
- Lithuania
- Estonia

For Poland there are some discrepancies according the heights of some flaresticks in Plock refinery. According official air-traffic list some may be taller than 180 metres, but if this is true, the chimneys of Plock refinery should be much taller than listed, when you compare heights of chimneys and flare sticks on pictures shown from great distance.

However, there are some incertainities for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Spain, Portugal, Greece and all areas of former Yugoslavia, as there are no really good lists of tall objects from these countries published in the internet. A hot candidate for a taller object in these countries is the mast of Stubline transmitter in Serbia. I believe, it is for physical reasons approximately 220 metres tall, but I have no data how tall it is really.
It is also possible that the mast, which was rebuilt after its destruction in war in 1999, with less height.

For Albania: I have no evidence, if there is a man-made object taller than 200 metres. The chimneys of the most powerful power stations there do not look so tall and as mountainous country no tall TV masts are required. Perhaps the masts of Albania's most powerful AM transmitter at Fllake are taller than 200 metres, but I do not know.

For Sweden and Finland it contains all objects taller than 300 metres. It would be possible to complete the list for all objects over 200 metres, but unfortunately from most of these objects no picture sources for illustration exist in the internet ( or I use wrong methods to search them).

For Norway, I have got no comprehensive list at all. This is a pitty as several telecommunication towers built of concrete exist there, from which some are partially guyed as Gerbrandytoren.

For Ukraine, the list may complete all man-made objects taller than 200 metres.

For Russia, Belarus, Moldova and other areas of former Soviet Union, no comprehensive official lists exist. Not long ago, I added 3 masts with a height of 460 metres to the database and some military transmitters in former Soviet Union have surely masts taller than 300 metres, but there are no exact data available!

Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 11:40 PM

For the European Union, Balkan Countries, Switzerland and Norway the database may contain all structures taller than 200 metres, except of newly-built wind turbines and the two masts of Voinesti Mediumwave Transmitter in Romania, which are surely taller than 200 metres, but however I found no height value. ( It would be great, if someone could help. Any people from Romania in the forum?)
From these structures only 2 may not be illustrated.

For Belarus and Moldova all 200m+-structures may be in the database, but not all of Belarus are illustrated.

However, there are uncertainities, especially for Spain and as mentioned, Romania.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams