HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 1:20 AM

I agree with all of you. Having more glass would have been a plus. Although, I am pleased that they smoothed the concrete cladding. I wasn't a fan of the grated concrete look.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 1:59 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 8:42 PM
Closed account

Simplot HQ

Work being done along 11th for parking garage ramp and elevator concrete between main building and auditorium rising at 10th and Front. 3-26-2015

Main building of Simplot HQ outlined in concrete as cement and rebar everywhere on 3-27-2015.

Last edited by Architecture Buff; Mar 28, 2015 at 2:57 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 12:37 AM

Very excited about this project !!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2015, 11:59 PM
Closed account

April 13,2015

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
Those sky-bridges are terrible. I posted about sky-bridges on another thread recently. They take away street-level pedestrian activity and turn this inwards instead. I understand Boise is in the mountain west but for most of the year, the winters don't get that cold where these are worth compromising street-level pedestrian activity and vibrancy.

Skybridges don't make the connection

"Skybridges also foster less public investment in the street. After all, if people are supposed to cross upstairs, we don't need those crosswalks any more. Maybe we can get rid of this light. How about an extra turn lane in front of this new complex? Wouldn't traffic move better with a flyover ramp in addition to the walkway? And before you know it, the street that was formerly a suburban arterial has practically turned into a freeway—the exact opposite of the boulevard citizens want. Once you take away pedestrians, there's no reason to engineer what remains for pedestrians, and the cycle of auto dependency gets deeper..."

http://greatergreaterwashington.org/...he-connection/

The blank wall at ground-level on the building on the left should also be changed. Blank walls do nothing to contribute to street-level vibrancy and give the appearance of looking like a cold, concrete, bunker.
Its my understanding that the sky bridge will only be accessible to Simplot employees and the general public will not have access to it. In fact the majority of the campus will be inaccessible to the public unless you have security access governed by badges.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2015, 11:32 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by davinci16181 View Post
Its my understanding that the sky bridge will only be accessible to Simplot employees and the general public will not have access to it. In fact the majority of the campus will be inaccessible to the public unless you have security access governed by badges.
Simplot Headquarters is like most corporate offices, you have no access to upper floors. Boise hotels like the Hampton Inn have slide cards you pick up at the front desk per call to the guest's room to get above the ground level. The skybridges go to the auditorium from the work places of the different divisions. They have at least three public retail areas on the first floor facing the street and park area. Gardner's plan has a mid block crosswalk across 11th so conventioneers can walk though JUMP to the convention buildings. The original plan(page1)had a massive building along Front, and now you will have a break at 10th between the buildings.
At City Center the Clearwater, US Bank tower, new convention building, Century Link Arena at the sports bar patio level and Boise Centre will have a skybridge connecting all.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 3:04 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Apr 20, 2015, 5:58 AM

Beautiful picture Sawtooth, love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post

Old Posted May 20, 2015, 11:06 PM
Certified Idahoan

Jump cam

The Jump cam site has removed all photos more recent than 2012. Does anybody know if it is technical difficulties or they are removing access for some reason? I already miss my daily jump cam updates

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 4:31 PM
Certified Idahoan

It looks like the top row of bricks on the N side of JUMP have finally been finished. My OCD can finally calm down now Still have no clue why they left it like that for so long.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 4:43 PM

Recent rendering of the World Headquarters out of the Company Newsletter

Sorry about the photo, I don't have a digital copy. Took this photo out of our Company Newsletter (Inside Simplot: Summer 2015 Edition; pg. 5). You can already see a lot of this starting to take shape with the annex and the main building.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 5:04 PM

Simplot Company Headquarters Fun Facts

An excerpt out of the company newsletter (Inside Simplot: Summer 2015 edition; pg. 5)

"Simplot Company Headquarters Fun Facts:
The building of Simplot's new corporate headquarters involves a great deal of different building materials. Here's a look at how to put some of those materials into context:

- 16,800 yards of concrete or enough concrete to build 45 miles of standard city sidewalk.
- 1,200 tons of steel reinforcing or nearly enough steel to build 400 full size pickup trucks.
- 515 tons of structural steel or enough to build nine U.S. Army tanks
- Heaviest beam is 18,500 pounds or about as heavy as a full size 18-wheeler.
- Six miles of cast iron pipe.
- 3.3 million feet or 625 miles of electrical wire, which is enough to stretch to Portland then onto Seattle.
- More than 3,700 electrical outlets and switches.
- More than 1,320 fire alarm and notification devices for safety and protection of employees in the facility.
- More than 6,000 state-of-the-art LED light fixtures that will provide a 35 percent energy savings over traditional fluorescent style lighting.
- 50,000 tongue and groove boards to construct the acoustical radiant ceiling.
- 8.4 million BTU's of chilled water capacity or enough to cool 250 Boise homes."

Old Posted Aug 19, 2015, 10:26 PM
All man. Half nuts.

thanks for the updates; i stole your photos and shared them in the main construction forum.

hope you don't mind. and if you do, neener neener...

(and i'll take them down).

Old Posted Aug 28, 2015, 4:03 AM
Closed account

Simplot HQ

Old Posted Aug 29, 2015, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture Buff View Post
Simplot HQ

Please keep posting your photos, it's boring without them and the updates are hard to visualize without a good photo to go along with them. I know others are worried about having too many photos, but I am pretty sure most of us really appreciate your pictures and think it adds valuable info to the topic. Just my two cents anyway, thanks again for all the great posts you make!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2015, 7:07 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 3:03 PM

Sweet pics Sawtooth. You have a great eye, as always.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 7:35 AM
Closed account

Simplot HQ progressing to 5th floor on Sept 4,2015

Old Posted Sep 20, 2015, 11:50 PM
Closed account

Simplot HQ 9-20-2015

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West