HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 6:10 PM
Community Guy

EFCL - Community Day 2013 - What is your league doing?

We are a week early this year due to chances with weather and our outdoor corn roast.

In the past Sobeys sponsored our corn, but this year we decided to turn to the market since they are right there and with a lot of work by one of our board members, thanks SHO, we have had a few producers donate direct.

------------------------------------
Saturday, September 14, 2013
11:00am until 3:00pm

Beaverhills House Park (Jasper Avenue & 105 Street)

CornFest 2013 and our Annual Fall Membership Drive!

Join us from 11-3 for free corn, kids activities and more! Come down and meet your downtown neighbours as we celebrate EFCL Day 2013.

We will have our new 2013-2014 $5 memberships available. Board members will be on hand to answer your questions and chat and what the fall has in store for your downtown and community league.

Also, join us at Oliver Community League (10326 118 St) for a joint BBQ event on EFCL Day, Saturday, September 21 - details to come!

https://www.facebook.com/events/649699405048501/

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 6:12 PM
Community Guy

More info on EFCL Community League Day

http://efcl.org/CommunityLeagueDay/t...6/Default.aspx

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 3:20 PM
HVAC guru

For Parkdale- Cromdale we are having a potato harvest. Our gardening committee explored the idea of creating a vegetable garden last year but we found that our soil was not suitable for most veggies and our tree canopy blocked too much sun.. but potatoes have flourished. So we are celebrating the spud.

From the PCCL website:

What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow. ~ A. A. Milne

We agree with A. A. Milne, (he’s the dude who wrote the Winnie the Pooh books, in case you’ve forgotten). So, in honour of the harvest season, come join us for a meal of the wonderful dish from Quebec called poutine, which consists of French fried potatoes traditionally topped with gravy and cheese curds (though you can put pretty much whatever you like on them these days, from bacon to beef).

The poutine we will serve up will be made from new potatoes from our own community garden. And if you are so inclined, you can do some digging of your own and take home some potatoes too. Save-On-Foods is supplying delicious cake for those with a sweet tooth.

More than fabulous food awaits though. A local musical group known as the Melody Makers will provide live entertainment. And kids will be able to make their own masks they can don for a parade through beautiful Sheila Bowker Park.

Best of all, this event is free for the whole family! Join us Sunday, September 22 from 11am to 2pm at the Parkdale-Cromdale Community Hall (11335 85 Street).

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 9:47 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
We are a week early this year due to chances with weather and our outdoor corn roast.

In the past Sobeys sponsored our corn, but this year we decided to turn to the market since they are right there and with a lot of work by one of our board members, thanks SHO, we have had a few producers donate direct.

It will be on all of our posters, but a big thanks goes out to market vendors Kulmanns, Erdmanns, Sweet Taber, and Riverbend Gardens in addition to the support from the market.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2013, 9:29 PM
Community Guy

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton