HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 7:54 AM
James

The LED aren't so bad. But they definitely need to hang, it just wasn't the same with out them hanging.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 7:22 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
The LED aren't so bad. But they definitely need to hang, it just wasn't the same with out them hanging.
Agreed

Old Posted Dec 22, 2012, 6:25 AM
Meh

I do hope they dangle the lights down like they used to. The Riverwalk was amazing when I was there for Christmas. I would much rather the lights dangle down to create an ambient light over the area. And multi-colored is best. Somehow that feels more fitting for San Antonio than just white/clear bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
I hear they're going back to dangling lights this year. It appears though that they are still those darn LED's. I miss the warm incandescents
Same here. I left our lights up on the house all year and went out to turn them on, and some squirrel had chewed through the wire completely. We have the big old school style incandescent bulbs. The only lights we could find in the stores were LEDs. I can't say that I like them. The color of LEDs isn't the same, they don't have that nice warm glow that incandescent bulbs do, and they're also apparently not compatible with incandescent strings since the wattage is different.

Anyway, we did eventually find some more incandescent strings at HEB.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2012, 10:09 PM

Visited the Riverwalk last night. Lights are dangling again this year, and twinkling, but the LED's just don't glow as much and thus it seems like the whole riverwalk is darker than it used to be around christmas time. Once again, disappointed in the LEDs. Perhaps it'd look brighter if they would mix in some white lights in with the colored ones.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio