HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 3:41 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
The comments from the lady with the blonde hair are so shortsighted and humorous to read. The sunset comment cracked me up.

that was a good one.

the trees in my neighborhood block the sunsets for me. WE SHOULD TEAR THEM DOWN!!!

AND THE BENCH BLOCKS THE SUNSETS! RAZE THE BENCH!!!!!

i also liked the comment about the Zion Tower's Spire blocking the view of the foothills.

whenever i wonder how idaho could be 48th in education, i just read the comments in the statesman... and then wonder how we're not 51st.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 5:28 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
Regarding AB's steel rising pic and Main at the transit center exit: Will Main St be only 2 lanes when all is said and done? It sure doesn't look like enough room to squeeze the original 3 lanes back in there, but I can't tell. Anyone have link to the details? I can't recall seeing Main's new configuration explicitly spelled out anywhere.

Regardless, above grade steel represents a big milestone, thanks for the pic.
boisecynic
From all the site plans and renderings they show three lanes. I went though all my photos and videos about Main street, and it will work. I am guessing the 4th lane will be for drop off or taxis by the ramp. Maybe weekend parking from 9th to the ramp.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 9:34 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture Buff View Post
boisecynic
From all the site plans and renderings they show three lanes. I went though all my photos and videos about Main street, and it will work. I am guessing the 4th lane will be for drop off or taxis by the ramp. Maybe weekend parking from 9th to the ramp.
i drove by there last week, and it looks like there's room for a 3rd lane.

however, the 2 lanes that are in there now seem awfully narrow. i'm hoping that once it opens up fully, the 3 lanes will be a little wider.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post

however, the 2 lanes that are in there now seem awfully narrow. i'm hoping that once it opens up fully, the 3 lanes will be a little wider.
I quickly went back and took a look at the planview schematics from the Design Review agenda from the end of last year. From those, which admittedly were not high resolution ones I think I've seen elsewhere, it looks like it might be 2 lanes plus a bike lane?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 11:40 PM

Not sure this has been posted in the transportation forum, but ITD periodically provides status updates on the Broadway Avenue Bridge project: http://apps.itd.idaho.gov/apps/broad...e/default.html

Utility work started the week of Boise State's spring break... but nothing noticeable. I've heard that the major construction work won't start until after the final **Boise State** home football game this coming December (e.g., there might be a lot of work going on during the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl). I've also heard the utility work that is going on is kind of a bear... there's a lot of infrastructure that the current bridge carries across the river.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 12:21 AM
Closed account

I will try to talk with a ESI engineer about Main Street. Here are two renderings, first the walkway between Century Link and City Center from the Capitol Blvd. entrance, and the soccer/ football field with seating on all sides down by the river at the baseball park:

Boise City Center Facebook page Gardner Company

BOISETOPIA rendering

One other thing, if Gardner goes with the downtown soccer field built on top of a parking garage they could use JUMP's 4 city block garage on weekends and nights during the week right across the street. (with a contract with Simplot)
Then there are 2 city parking garages 2 blocks east.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 3:10 AM

Live blog on City Council meeting addressing St. Luke's master plan: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...sion.html?rh=1

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 3:49 AM
Let's Go Brandon!

Quote:

When its all said and done, Main Street will be 3 lanes once again, albeit with slightly narrower lanes. That exit ramp will only be slightly wider than the old bus lane that it is replacing.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 3:53 AM

After seeing this rendering, I'm thinking that the neon sign path would have been much better. This looks pretty bland and uninspired...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture Buff View Post
I will try to talk with a ESI engineer about Main Street. Here are two renderings, first the walkway between Century Link and City Center from the Capitol Blvd. entrance, and the soccer/ football field with seating on all sides down by the river at the baseball park:

Boise City Center Facebook page Gardner Company

BOISETOPIA rendering

One other thing, if Gardner goes with the downtown soccer field built on top of a parking garage they could use JUMP's 4 city block garage on weekends and nights during the week right across the street. (with a contract with Simplot)
Then there are 2 city parking garages 2 blocks east.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 3:04 PM

Ccdc

A few bits from the latest CCDC board materials

http://www.ccdcboise.com/aboutccdc/d...ket4-13-15.pdf

Baseball Stadium
CCDC / Boise City development staff have continued discussions and proposal refinement of a facility to be constructed by the ownership group/affiliates of the Boise Hawks and have additional scheduled meetings later in April.

Multi-Purpose Stadium
This project has been an ongoing topic of discussion at the Tri-Agency meeting. The most recent meeting of Feb 26 included discussion of separating the two concepts (baseball and soccer-lacrosse-football venues) to better align with physical dimensions of property locations and to better align with partnerships related to each idea.

Carley Concept - 5th & Front Parking Garage
CCDC has provided a soft commitment letter to Old Boise, LLC. Staff would like to bring on a financial feasibility consultant. Waiting on approval. Staff expects Developer to submit additional financing strategies for review. Staff meets with Developer on a regular basis.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 5:14 PM
All man. Half nuts.

kind of a shame that Clay Carley is considering turning that 5th street lot into a parking garage. but perhaps it would spark more development on the perimeter, or perhaps it's phase 1 of a development with phase 2 building on top of the garage.

anyway, here's something interesting. it may have been posted already, but i haven't seen it before, about the potential Orchard/Mayfield development east of Boise.

http://orchardidaho.com/index.html

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 5:18 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo_business View Post
After seeing this rendering, I'm thinking that the neon sign path would have been much better. This looks pretty bland and uninspired...

i agree. the neon sign idea was a far superior option.

this is lower than "meh." the river theme is not at all unique, and the rendering is just blah, which is a real shame. boise deserves better.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 10:15 PM
Closed account

I talked with a inspector for ACHD, and Main street will be three lanes next to transit ramp with 4th lane still Valley Ride. All this subject to change.

Photo shows cars in 2 lanes with third closed with plenty of room by ramp.

Last edited by Architecture Buff; Apr 15, 2015 at 10:29 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 10:35 PM
Closed account

Parcel B photo of new project for Gardner Company.
New hotel right across from Simplot Headquarters, and then what they decide for the rest of the parcel, soccer field or office buildings.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
i agree. the neon sign idea was a far superior option.

this is lower than "meh." the river theme is not at all unique, and the rendering is just blah, which is a real shame. boise deserves better.
Yeah, that's pretty bad. After seeing that rendering I'm actually glad the neon signs aren't going to be used there. The signs deserve a more gritty area with some character, like Freak Alley, not just a concrete hallway.

And why are there historic light poles in-between the lights on the columns....pick one or the other. Actually don't, just get rid of the historic light poles, they don't fit at all.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 10:58 PM
Closed account

Concourse being designed 24 feet above the Grove to connect Boise Centre to new convention building. It will go right though sports bar patio at Century Link Arena.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...urns.html?rh=1

Last edited by Architecture Buff; Apr 15, 2015 at 11:13 PM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 2:16 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

The first BoiseGreenbike station

JUMP above BoDo

City Center

Prost! looks like it is almost ready to open

Getting freaky in Freak Alley. The aforementioned neon signs would love this location.

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 5:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
Yeah, that's pretty bad. After seeing that rendering I'm actually glad the neon signs aren't going to be used there. The signs deserve a more gritty area with some character, like Freak Alley, not just a concrete hallway.

And why are there historic light poles in-between the lights on the columns....pick one or the other. Actually don't, just get rid of the historic light poles, they don't fit at all.
You’re right about the historical light poles. If what they’re trying to do is keep that area bright during the night all they need to do is alternate the triangular lamps on both sides of the walk way.
------------
Thanks for the photos Sawtooth! Keep'em Comin'!

Last edited by Hawk; Apr 16, 2015 at 5:54 AM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2015, 8:57 PM

Quote:

anyway, here's something interesting. it may have been posted already, but i haven't seen it before, about the potential Orchard/Mayfield development east of Boise.

http://orchardidaho.com/index.html

Interesting little page to read through. I knew water was an issue for growth in that general direction but I never thought it hindered it that much. I figured the growth never occurred because there really was never any road infrastructure to the SE of Boise. There seems to be a ton of room for growth out there if anybody wanted to live in that area. Seems like there is not much there. I wonder what ever happened to that proposed race complex for Simco Road?? I assume it just got laid to rest.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2015, 8:09 PM

Some of the retail buildings for North Pointe development (west State Street) are up for design review in mid-May. Here's a link to the contextual renderings.

I'm pretty non-plussed about this and understand why it's been controversial. The apartment buildings look state-of-the-art circa 1994 and the retail is ho-hum. It would have been great to see something akin to the Bel Mar development in Lakewood, Colorado. At a minimum they could have started with a first phase 1st floor retail with apartments on top and a resident/retail parking structure and left part of the lot empty until demand warranted expansion. Seems like that parcel's now going to be a lost opportunity.

Last edited by OhGoodGlavin; Apr 18, 2015 at 8:47 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West