HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 12:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 100 Flatbush Avenue | 482 FT | 40 FLOORS

Permits Filed For 40-Story Tower At 100 Flatbush Avenue In Boerum Hill, Brooklyn

Quote:
Permits have been filed for a 40-story mixed-use building at 100 Flatbush Avenue in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. Located between Schermerhorn Street and State Street, the lot is two blocks from the Atlantic Terminal-Barclay Center subway station, serviced by the 2, 4, 5, B, D, N, Q, and R trains. Alloy Development, listed as the owner behind the applications, is developing 80 Flatbush on the adjacent plot, a complex that includes one of the tallest buildings in the borough.

The proposed 482-foot-tall development will yield 374,336 square feet, with 209,539 square feet designated for residential space, 111,000 square feet for commercial space, and 102,451 for community facility space. The building will have 262 residences, most likely rentals based on the average unit scope of 799 square feet.

Alloy Development is also responsible for the design.
==========
NYY

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 3:42 PM
West End & Riverside

Isn't this technically just part of the 80 Flatbush project? Perhaps 80 Flatbush should be listed as two towers?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 10:52 PM
New Yorker for life

https://patch.com/new-york/carrollga...yn-development

NYC's 1st Electric Apartment Tower Will Join Brooklyn Development
A controversial development at 80 Flatbush Ave. will include the first 100 percent electric residential building, developers announced.

By Anna Quinn
Dec 5, 2019

Quote:
One building in the controversial 80 Flatbush Ave. development that is coming to the border of Boerum Hill and Fort Greene will be the first 100-percent electric apartment building in the city, developers announced this week.

Alloy Development said Thursday that one of three new buildings they will construct on the plot of land between Flatbush Avenue, Third Avenue and State Street will use electricity for all of the functions typically run by natural gas, including its heating and air conditioning, cooktops and dryers.
Quote:
The building, at 100 Flatbush Ave., will be the first 100-percent electric residential building of its kind in New York City, developers said.

“As developers, we should be doing everything can to plan for the future,” Alloy CEO Jared Della Valle said. “In the same way that we aren’t running copper phone lines to each apartment anymore, we don’t think running gas lines makes sense either...We encourage others to move away from fossil fuel technologies and toward renewable, healthy environments, and to do it now.”
Quote:
The electric tower, standing 38 stories tall, is one of the buildings neighbors worried about when they filed a lawsuit against the project earlier this year. The lawsuit claimed the towers would ruin the quiet brownstone neighborhood, but was ultimately settled in October.

100 Flatbush Ave. will include 256 residential units, 100,000 square feet of office space and 30,000 square feet of retail space. It will be designed by Alloy.

It is one of three new buildings included in the project, which will also renovate two existing buildings on the property.
Quote:
The two schools, along with the 100 Flatbush tower, will likely be done by 2023, developers said.

The second phase of the project, which will include a 69-story residential, office, and retail tower and the rehabilitation of the existing buildings, will follow by 2026.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 1:06 AM
Show me the blueprints

Electric cooktop? That's bullshit. That would be enough to have me look somewhere else to live. Beautiful building though.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 1:15 AM
BANNED

That’s a fantastic tower!

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 2:07 AM

Induction is superior to gas in nearly every way. If you want charring you get much more control with a blowtorch.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 5:49 AM
Show me the blueprints

That must be why all the world's greatest chefs are using induction... ()

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Electric cooktop? That's bullshit. That would be enough to have me look somewhere else to live. Beautiful building though.
Electric cooktops are awful.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 9:02 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This seems like such a missed opportunity. Underwhelming really. Such demand, and they are keeping it in niche territory.

Quote:
include 256 residential units, 100,000 square feet of office space and 30,000 square feet of retail space
Phase 2 should provide the meat of the development, but still... this is underwhelming for the location and its myriad of transit connections.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 5:56 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

what a site and what an angle for that render.

superthin -- it looks like a big manila file folder, modern broadcast tv antenna or computer chip.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 7:15 PM
West End & Riverside

The demolition is going so slow I'm sure they will have advanced cook top technology way beyond electric by the time this thing is up. Demo isn't any further along than when I took those photos two months ago, looks like they stopped work for some reason.

On the bright side, 9 Dekalb has been crowded with workers every weekend, it should start rising out of the pit soon!

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
That must be why all the world's greatest chefs are using induction... ()
They use induction at the French Laundry and Alinea among other top kitchens. Plenty of chefs use it. Look it up.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90313508...-you-might-too

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 12:57 AM
Show me the blueprints

I stand corrected. Thanks for making me smurter.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 1:26 AM

Quote:
I stand corrected. Thanks for making me smurter.
Induction hasn't really hit the mainstream yet. The other benefit of not burning gas indoors is less CO and NO2 pollution, which will be more and more important as buildings become better insulated and more efficient.

Also, imagine not having to design a kitchen around a permanent gas range. That's a huge deal for a small apartment.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 8:39 PM

I should imagine the main benefit is simply safety. Whole apartment blocks have collapsed into rubble here in Naples thanks to gas line explosions. Whole families buried alive.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 5:48 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Alloy Development Set To Complete NYC’s First All-Electric Tower At 100 Flatbush Avenue In Downtown Brooklyn

Quote:
Alloy Development has unveiled plans to construct what will be one of New York City’s most sustainable mixed-use developments. Located at 100 Flatbush Avenue, the residential portion of the tower will be 100 percent electric, or fossil fuel independent, a first for the increasingly carbon-neutral city.

Designed by Architecture Research Office, the two public schools within the lower levels of the tower will be designed to meet Passive House standards, a framework of rigorous architectural guidelines that ensure extremely low energy consumption. These facilities include an elementary school and a new Khalil Gibran International Academy high school.

The 38-story structure is expected to break ground next spring and will eventually rise 500 feet above ground. Additional components designed by Alloy include 100,000 square feet of Class A office space and 30,000 square feet of retail. The residential area will yield 256 units.
===========
NYY

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 5:57 PM
BANNED

It’s God send that all of that hideous crap is coming down. PTL!!!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 8:19 PM
New Yorker for life

This tower will be under construction before 80, so I moved the relevant posts here.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 2:58 PM
West End & Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
It’s God send that all of that hideous crap is coming down. PTL!!!
While the building(s) there were nothing special, I quite enjoyed Katie Merz's mural on the dark gray - I wish that somehow that magic could be incorporated into the new design, perhaps on the new school base. Doubtful, but I got used to smiling at it.

For anyone who didn't see it or didn't know what it was all about:
http://downtownbrooklyn.com/news/201...at-80-flatbush

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 1:32 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Michael Young

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction