HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 6:21 PM

Yeah thats a non story. Just a douche being a douche.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Assuming the report is accurate, a group of men approaching a lone woman's car and trying to open the door at 2am is a weird and creepy thing to do. I mean, it's a predator move.

If this is true, this shows a real lack of maturity on Matthews part, or maybe something worse. Not a Captain in the least.
It's not a good look at all, and in an open carry state like Arizona and a former vet with PTSD he's lucky he didn't get shot either. I think there is still a lack of maturity there, he seems to be more Patty Kane or Taylor Hall as opposed to Crosby or Mcdavid when they entered the league. Hopefully like those other guys this event makes him realize he has more responsibility than the average person when in public.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli View Post
Really? What would your reaction be if a group of men came up to your car in the middle of the night, and tried to get in? You'd be scared shitless, and you would not slough it off as a "non story".

This is going to get worse for Matthews as there is apparently security footage of him walking with his pants down to his ankles. And this is after they had already seen that she was scared.

Quote:
The report adds that police went to the building several days later and reviewed security video with a manager and saw a man walking with his pants around his ankles but his underwear on. Management confirmed the man was Matthews and "a major hockey player,'' the report said.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...fs/2435357001/

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Really? What would your reaction be if a group of men came up to your car in the middle of the night, and tried to get in? You'd be scared shitless, and you would not slough it off as a "non story".

This is going to get worse for Matthews as there is apparently security footage of him walking with his pants down to his ankles. And this is after they had already seen that she was scared.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...fs/2435357001/
So he was being a dumb 22 year old?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 7:21 PM

I mean, it was obviously a dumb and stupid thing to do. But using this to label him as some sort of predator is a huge stretch.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan View Post
So he was being a dumb 22 year old?

Oh no a drunk 22 yr old! It sounds like something you might see any given night in the entertainment district. If I was a multimillionaire at 22 I'd probably get caught doing way more stupid things.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
I mean, it was obviously a dumb and stupid thing to do. But using this to label him as some sort of predator is a huge stretch.
I said it's a predator type move, because it is. Drunk guys and girls say things back and forth in bars and clubs, and it's basically harmless, because it's a safe zone for everyone, but approaching a lone woman, where there is nobody else around at 2 in the morning is something different. This was a far different scenario than an entertainment district. If the account of what happened is correct, and Matthews was wanting to see what her reaction would be to a group of men trying get into her car... well what the fuck do you think her reaction would be?! How could he not know they were going to scare the hell out of her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post

Oh no a drunk 22 yr old! It sounds like something you might see any given night in the entertainment district. If I was a multimillionaire at 22 I'd probably get caught doing way more stupid things.
If you would do worse things than terrifying lone women in the middle of the night, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 7:47 PM
I am the law!

A group of men breaking into a car occupied by a lone women makes this a lot more serious than a dumb kid simply mooning someone. He's not a dumb kid either. He's 22. He should know better as an American celebrity in a litigious society. War vet with PTSD ... he'll be slapping out Benjamins until his hands bleed.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
A group of men breaking into a car occupied by a lone women makes this a lot more serious than a dumb kid simply mooning someone. He's not a dumb kid either. He's 22. He should know better as an American celebrity in a litigious society. War vet with PTSD ... he'll be slapping out Benjamins until his hands bleed.
What?
It's not even alleged that he broke into the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
I said it's a predator type move, because it is. Drunk guys and girls say things back and forth in bars and clubs, and it's basically harmless, because it's a safe zone for everyone, but approaching a lone woman, where there is nobody else around at 2 in the morning is something different. This was a far different scenario than an entertainment district. If the account of what happened is correct, and Matthews was wanting to see what her reaction would be to a group of men trying get into her car... well what the fuck do you think her reaction would be?! How could he not know they were going to scare the hell out of her?
You're not saying anything substantive here to make your point.

Anyway, I'll wait for the court judgement rather than spend more time reading the hot takes of histrionic internet posters.

Last edited by theman23; Sep 25, 2019 at 9:10 PM. Reason: manners

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 8:02 PM

Quote:
War vet with PTSD ... he'll be slapping out Benjamins until his hands bleed.
Maybe once is all is said and done Paul Marner will finally have his wish and Mitch will take home as much as Matthews this year.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 8:28 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
What?
It's not even alleged that he broke into the car.

You're not saying anything substantive here to make your point.

Anyway, I'll wait for the court judgement rather than spend more time reading the hot takes of histrionic internet posters.
You're being incredibly obtuse. Who fucking cares who actually broke into the car. He was part of a group that did. At 22, I had the responsibilities of being in the third year of a degree and having accumulated $12000 in debt. That should pale in comparison to the responsibility of this 22 year old. However, he's a coddled celebrity athlete demigod and MLSE, much to the approval of fans, will do everything needed to put this to rest.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 8:37 PM

Quote:
You're being incredibly obtuse. Who fucking cares who actually broke into the car. He was part of a group that did. At 22, I had the responsibilities of being in the third year of a degree and having accumulated $12000 in debt. That should pale in comparison to the responsibility of this 22 year old. However, he's a coddled celebrity athlete demigod and MLSE, much to the approval of fans, will do everything needed to put this to rest.
No one broke into the car. You need to calm down and read the story again once your blood pressure has come down.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 9:05 PM

delete

Last edited by logan5; Sep 25, 2019 at 9:37 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Or an immature guy being stupid. He never has struck me as being a douche.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 9:26 PM

The team that nobody outside of Kanata cares about. I almost forgot about the Senators until you mentioned them.

Not to dump on them more, but since we are on the subject, I find that almost nobody outside of west end of Ottawa cares about the team, and that even in the city of Ottawa, nobody seems to care. Everyone else likes either Toronto or Montreal. There's even more Red Wing and Bruins fans in Ottawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
I'm just glad it looks like Ottawa will have another terrible season. I hate that team for so many reasons. #1 they think they are Toronto's main rival, they aren't even our second or third. If that team folded I would not miss it or their fans. The Sens history is a pathetic one. And I'm not talking about their performance on ice which did have a few good years.

2003- The Senators are out of cash and were unable to meet payroll this week after a $234.6-million refinancing deal collapsed.

2004- Committee votes to ban Leaf jerseys at Corel Centre

2013 - Ottawa Senators move to keep Toronto Maple Leafs fans out of the Bank

2017 - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk says low attendance could force him to move team

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 11:07 PM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
Higher AAV than Point is insane, but more about how Tampa continually gets ridiculously good value contracts than Calgary overpaying.

Still the Flames now have Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Gio expiring in the same year. The window is open for the near 3 years...
At Gio's age, he won't be getting another big contract. I don't necessarily see him retiring, but if he gets another contract it won't be as big as his current one. And Gaudreau, there's persistent rumours that he wants to go to Philly, so who knows?

Still, with Lucic's albatross contract likely to be gone by then and with an increase in the cap due to Seattle coming in and the new US TV deal, it's quite possible that the Flames will be able to keep much of their core together. They're certainly in a much better position than the Leafs, who are monumentally screwed if any of their young guys don't pan out due to their massive long term contracts.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Or an immature guy being stupid. He never has struck me as being a douche.
Are you sure?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 2:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
Higher AAV than Point is insane, but more about how Tampa continually gets ridiculously good value contracts than Calgary overpaying.

Still the Flames now have Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Gio expiring in the same year. The window is open for the near 3 years...
I don't think Calgary overpaid to be honest. It's not a bargain contract, but overall a decent price.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Are you sure?

Immature and a stupid dresser.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2019, 1:15 PM

Dubas said he found about the incident over Twitter. A lot of players have done worse than this, but I can imagine the organization would be livid about not being told before hand so it could be released on their terms.

Now management is in a tough spot because they've publicly said their announcing a captain this season, and not doing so would imply that they intended to give it to Matthews but have lost trust in their future face of the franchise (not a good look). On the other hand giving it to Matthews now would also likely stir up more shit. I think they either wait until some arbitrary special game mid-season if people have forgotten about it, or they give it Tavares/Reilly and act like that was the plan all along.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada