HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Le Peterson in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 5:26 PM
testify

yeah, that's straight out of the concordia ghetto or the square mile. kind of depressing, given how ambitious the initial renders made the project seem. still, with towers proposed/planned at bleury and sherbrooke, and then south of this site along pres-ken, this should be amply obstructed, leaving a nice bit of infill and adding a few hundred residents. i'll take it.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 5:52 PM

This is a bad design, but what do you expect from the architectural firm DCYSA, which is responsible for the 1400 De Maisonneuve, the Roc Fleury and so much more bad Montreal design.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 6:27 PM

Ouin... pas fameux!! Je me console en me disant que les nouveaux rendus de l'Icone ainsi que de l'Îlot Overdale sont beaucoup mieux que ceux initialement présentés!!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 6:29 PM

P.S. Merci à Martin de mettre ce forum à jour régulièrement.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidivivid View Post
P.S. Merci à Martin de mettre ce forum à jour régulièrement.
Pas de quoi :-)

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 9:18 PM
Look at me!

This version looks like a piece of shite. Montreal continues to define the meaning of architectural mediocrity. Thank Christ for the overdale and icone. Even the roccabella is better.

Martin says that it's the same twits who are responsible for Le Roc Fleuri? You'd think these guys would evolve over the course of 10 years.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 9:23 PM
Give us a kiss

really guys? i actually find it ok. not as bad as i thought it would turn out, even. and for once i find the height works quite well for the design (not like the godawful crystal, to pick one infamous example). certainly the roc fleury or lépine evil twins are much, much worse in my book.
it kinda makes me wish the HGI would be 20m higher, but whadayagonado. i'll take it.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 9:41 PM
Look at me!

You know what? I'll take it too. I just won't brag about it...or aknowledge it's existence.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 3:16 AM
testify

i mean, the adjacent hilton garden inn was one of those projects that i was so so excited about when it first broke ground. that site was sitting empty for so long that i thought maybe the city wanted it for something. then the hilton garden inn was built and now i just wist mcgill had managed to do something with it or even just some placeholder had been constructed. so we'll have a little cluster of supreme banality there between bleury and university (not sure if the depressingly insipid 801 sherbrooke belongs with the mcgill college atrocities or the bleury ones). but anyway, the peterson will follow in a fairly storied tradition of montreal desperately accepting any and all construction, regardless of design or function.

and in case this is being read anywhere where it could make a difference, i'll just add: we're not children anymore, we're not third-world anymore, we deserve nice things and we can build them. indeed, the best way forward for us is as a design center, rather than place where mafias can sink their money and blight our landscape with ugly towers and the empty lots of their failed projects.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 1:43 PM

Come on!!! That tower is not that bad....seriously, the rendering is bad, thats it. I'm sure Le Peterson will be much better in person.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanatox View Post
Come on!!! That tower is not that bad....seriously, the rendering is bad, thats it. I'm sure Le Peterson will be much better in person.
Let's hope you are right.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 7:27 PM
Vorsprung Durch Technik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mtl View Post
This is a bad design, but what do you expect from the architectural firm DCYSA, which is responsible for the 1400 De Maisonneuve, the Roc Fleury and so much more bad Montreal design.
You're forgetting their masterpiece in terms of design: Faubourg Boisbriand

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West_aust View Post
You're forgetting their masterpiece in terms of design: Faubourg Boisbriand
Well, I said there was much much more :-)

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 7:03 AM

New Rendering of Le Peterson @ 31 Floors

I spoke to a sales person at Le Peterson who said the building plans have been scaled down from 34 to 31 floors.

Also, this image, posted at MTLURB, of a new rendering seems to confirm that new height.

Previous renderings had Le Peterson and The Hilton Garden Inn / Le 400 at nearly the same height. Now, Le Peterson is notably shorter.

PS - I was also told by the sales person that the bottom 10 floors, with the white cladding exterior, would be double-height lofts.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 12:29 AM
The good old days are now

Old Posted May 24, 2012, 8:16 PM

C'est drôle. J'adorais le premier rendu. J'ai trouvé le second désastreux. Je trouve le troisième et le quatrième acceptables.

J'en conclus que cet édifice sera probablement beau vu du sol (à son pied), mais relativement laid vu des airs.

De plus, je dirais que les matériaux feront toute la différence quant au résultat final. On dirait que les formes courbes gagneraient à être opaques (ce que suggère le rendu), mais c'est clairement du verre donc ce sera translucide. Je crois que ce ne sera pas très beau à cause de ça.

Vraiment un cas de ''wait and see''. J'espère qu'il sera beau! En tout cas, il ne laissera personne indifférent.
«La francophonie, c'est un vaste pays, sans frontières. C'est celui de la langue française. C'est le pays de l'intérieur. C'est le pays invisible, spirituel, mental, moral qui est en chacun de vous.» -Gilles Vigneault, un grand Nord-Côtier

Old Posted May 26, 2012, 1:24 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post

Thanks for sharing, but this is shite. My cat could of drawn a better tower.

It doesn't have a clear goal or aesthetic, its just a cheap knock off of a current novelty.

Old Posted May 26, 2012, 4:57 PM
The good old days are now

Ad in today's Gazette.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 11:44 PM

Just heard that it's down to 28 floors, from 31. Will try and confirm.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 6:05 PM
Give us a kiss

at 28 floors it's starting to look really stumpy. too bad.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive