HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 17, 2017, 1:47 PM

Well looks like the harvey's swiss chalet combo is a go in Miramichi, lots of equipment on site, sign has been removed and looks like they are building a retaining wall at the back of the property.

Still no words on the building across the street besides tim hortons, no signs announcing anything other than they have leasing opportunities.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2017, 1:49 PM

On anothey note, Giant Tiger opens today in Bathurst and looks like the thaizone trailer will be here all summer as they are indeed testing the market in view of opening a new restaurant.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2017, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Well looks like the harvey's swiss chalet combo is a go in Miramichi, lots of equipment on site, sign has been removed and looks like they are building a retaining wall at the back of the property.

Still no words on the building across the street besides tim hortons, no signs announcing anything other than they have leasing opportunities.
I heard Subway is building a stand alone store with a drive thru.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2017, 7:28 PM

Could be, I checked on cbre who owns that piece of property and nothing on there yet. That area is already busy and its going to be even more busy with the addition of 3 restaurants.

Been to Giant Tiger in Bathurst, it was jammed pack but a nice store and addition to the area.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
This popped up in my Facebook feed this week...

Mark Donnelly
June 15 at 9:54pm ·
Well, time to make it facebook official…I am opening the Swiss Chalet / Harvey’s combo restaurant in Miramichi (beside the movie theatre). My family and I are very excited about this venture as they have put up with me for the last 6 months trying to pull this together! For employment opportunities, I will have an advertisement and email account set up shortly. In the meantime, if you know of someone, please reach out to me. The restaurant should be open in early November…in time for the Festive Feast!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2017, 12:15 AM

Nice! This should do well, looking forward to stop there on a visit!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 5:16 PM

Well some sad news for place Bathurst mall, sears and adition elle will be closing in the near future. with the reno at the mall, and the new stores, hopefully this will attract new tennants to fill those gaps!

On a Better note, its Bathurst's firts ribfest this week end downtown, good turnout so far, spoke to someone on the organizing committee and they were expecting 50 people an hour for the first few hours of opening, after two hours more tha 500 people had come in so if any of you are in the area this week end, come enjoy some ribs!!

Old Posted Jun 24, 2017, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Well some sad news for place Bathurst mall, sears and adition elle will be closing in the near future. with the reno at the mall, and the new stores, hopefully this will attract new tennants to fill those gaps!

On a Better note, its Bathurst's firts ribfest this week end downtown, good turnout so far, spoke to someone on the organizing committee and they were expecting 50 people an hour for the first few hours of opening, after two hours more tha 500 people had come in so if any of you are in the area this week end, come enjoy some ribs!!
Not 100% confirmed but seeing as Sears has been a sinking ship for a while. I do think place Bathurst mall have/had an exit plan in place. Since Sears is such a large footprint Unlike other stores that would replace them I think they might just be waiting for Sears to close to split up the store.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 12:14 PM

Would be a fantastic spot for a sport check, would probably have to divide it in two. When Ardene moves, would leave more space to make two separeate good size entrance. Just dont know what could gobble up the rest of the space, its a large space for a small market like Bathurst.

On the other hand, really nice to drive by Giant Tiger and see that part of the city flourish, its a busy spot, now with the uni business centre that moved in the old liquor store, pop shoes in the old blockbuster, lys restaurant in front of mcdonalds and Petit Koala next to max 104.9, it makes it a lot busier than it was.

Now if this could spark some development on the two streets besides the old liquor store and to that big empty lot across evangeline street, that would completely transform the area!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 8:29 PM

Drove by the rumoured new Subway in Miramichi, will definately be a two unit building, too large for just a Subway and there is a dividing wall in the middle.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 1:29 PM

Might be something afoot or maybe not, just saw that 67 ( land of the burnt down tapis vert) and 63 de l'eglise street in Edmundston have been sold on the same date last week. Two adjascent lots on a busy street downtown. 67 has been has been vacant since the fire about some 20 years ago. Hopefully something nice and dense gets built there!!

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Drove by the rumoured new Subway in Miramichi, will definately be a two unit building, too large for just a Subway and there is a dividing wall in the middle.
Usually the case when larger spaces exist It looks like it might be 2 units with Drive up windows. But not sure

Quote:
Might be something afoot or maybe not, just saw that 67 ( land of the burnt down tapis vert) and 63 de l'eglise street in Edmundston have been sold on the same date last week. Two adjascent lots on a busy street downtown. 67 has been has been vacant since the fire about some 20 years ago. Hopefully something nice and dense gets built there!!
If I'm not mistaken they where purchased by the same developer. I'm like you in the fact I do hope it will be something that brings density to the area.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 12:50 PM

Too bad its not something like altitude condos, they built atop the Montagnard development, phase one looks to have 5 out of 6 units sold, phase two might be on the way now or shortly i figure.

https://www.habitataltitude.com/

i hope that there will be retail on the ground floor of whatever they build on rue de l'eglise, anything more than 3 stories would be awesome but i will stay realistic.

There seems to be a little synergy in that part of Downtown, old police station refurbished in an awesome brewery, cafe, retail and office space. The old lofood location was all renovated for dentist and other office space and now a possible project a stone throw away, hopefully things get moving!

Do you recall where you saw who bought it?

Last edited by theshark; Jul 6, 2017 at 1:03 PM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Too bad its not something like altitude condos, they built atop the Montagnard development, phase one looks to have 5 out of 6 units sold, phase two might be on the way now or shortly i figure.

https://www.habitataltitude.com/

i hope that there will be retail on the ground floor of whatever they build on rue de l'eglise, anything more than 3 stories would be awesome but i will stay realistic.

There seems to be a little synergy in that part of Downtown, old police station refurbished in an awesome brewery, cafe, retail and office space. The old lofood location was all renovated for dentist and other office space and now a possible project a stone throw away, hopefully things get moving!

Do you recall where you saw who bought it?
It was actually while having a conversation about revitalization, and a developer friend of mine to a real estate agent friend of mine. She had looked that up for me, and spoke to an agent who said it was under contract, and could not tell her who the client was not clients. I never found out any more info on it. But if I do I will post it.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2017, 5:00 PM

Ikea will open a pickup location in Bathurst

https://www.acadienouvelle.com/actua...le-a-bathurst/

Old Posted Jul 31, 2017, 8:55 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by felip_ars View Post
Ikea will open a pickup location in Bathurst

https://www.acadienouvelle.com/actua...le-a-bathurst/
Here is the English version:
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/about_ikea...llection_Point

- the Collection Point is not an IKEA store and is owned by third party service provider Sameday Worldwide.
-Customers can now shop online for IKEA home furnishings and have them delivered to the Collection Point for only $59, regardless of the size and value of their purchase.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2017, 2:03 PM

Hopefully the other businesses in the Bathurst industrial park will take advantage of the influx of people going to get their Ikea orders to showcase their business!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2017, 3:16 PM

According to pannizza facebook page, location opening soon in Campbellton, Bathurst and Grand Falls for the north.

Only place i could see them going in Bathurst that is ready to move in would be the old Napa across from Sobeys. Other than that, small empty spaces are becoming hard to find around the city.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 3:04 PM

Kerrs Chainsaw is moving to its new location in the old Hateway Ford in Bathurst. gonna be a big upgrade from where they were.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 1:38 AM

Some change to the Bathurst mall, Pseudio move into the old addition elle spot and a jeans expert is opening tomorrow, not sure for how long as the signage and all looks nothing permanent but i am surprise that the brand is still around. Empty spots seem to fill rather quickly lately!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces