HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 8:15 PM
Community Guy

Global Visions Film Festival 2015 - May 7-18

Global Visions Film Festival 2015 - May 7-18

http://globalvisionsfestival.com

ABOUT | HISTORY

Global Visions is Canada’s longest running documentary film festival. In May 2014, join us for the newly expanded Global Visions Festival, where Western Canada’s premiere doc-fest will present the hottest, most talked-about new documentaries from home and abroad.

In the past 2 years alone, GVF has proudly presented the Exclusive Edmonton Premieres of films such as Chasing Ice, How to Survive a Plague, The Act of Killing, Central Park Five, When I Walk, Jodorowsky’s Dune, and Call Me Kuchu, just to name a few. We are Western Canada’s leading destination for documentary, and we’re just getting started!

HISTORY
The festival began in 1983 as the Edmonton Learners Centre’s ‘Third World Film Festival’. The centre became the non-profit Global Visions Festival Society in 1998, with the newly re-named Global Visions Film Festival.

Formerly running for 3 days in November, then February, in 2014 the newly re-branded Global Visions Festival settled into its permanent new time slot in MAY, expanding to 8 exciting days of great films and live local music.
GVF draws its strength from an enthusiastic and engaged Board of Directors, grassroots community supporters, an ever-growing list of incredible sponsors, our fiercely loyal patrons, and an army of dedicated volunteers. Over the years, nearly 80 thousand people have taken part in this event – and our audience continues to grow.

We thank all of those who have made great and passionate contributions to the festival over the years, and we invite you ALL to come back next year!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton