HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
A new rumour regarding the "Two Brothers"

Apparently, according to this rumour, they will be 2 x 18 storeys. Also, the final name of this development will not be the "Two Brothers", but rather something which will more elegantly characterize the status of this development along the banks of the Petitcodiac River, and the Moncton riverfront. These will after all be the only apartment towers directly along the riverfront in Moncton.
Awesome rumour! I was wondering if things were still stewing on that project.

However, a pair of buildings in that location by any other name will always be referred to as "The Two Brothers"... at least by us development junkies. We still call the dwarfed corner building "The Tomato Building."

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 4:07 PM

The Two Brothers (or whatever) MUST be incorporating this land right? No idea how you can fit two 18-storey buildings on 1 Foundry. Are these planned with a shared podium, like the Three Sisters?

Someone mentioned on one of the other Moncton threads that the PANs and PIDs between Jonathan Creek and ~80 Assomption, plus the old RCMP office/the Queen/Lewis intersection, are a total mess. Moncton should really clean that up and create more building lots.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 4:16 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Yes, this will include both lots. There have never been any renders issued regarding the project, therefore I have no idea whether or not there will be a common podium. There is no doubt however that this is a serious project in the development stages. The proponent is Lafford, and he knows what he is doing. If I were to guess, I would assume a start in 2025-26, just as the Three Sisters is wrapping up.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 5:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have been working on the basement of the expanded podium for the third sister all winter. I drove by today, and I think they are now starting on the first floor for the podium and the third sister.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2024, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
They have been working on the basement of the expanded podium for the third sister all winter. I drove by today, and I think they are now starting on the first floor for the podium and the third sister.
I decided to take a drive by this evening and I did notice that a lot of progress has been made where the 3rd sister will be. It appears that the work that we don't necessarily see is done and they are now getting ready to build upward. What I also noticed was that they've made a lot of progress on the exterior of the 2nd sister, and I imagine on the interior as well. I had heard on a couple of occasions that it's fully leased already. Not sure how true that is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see tenants starting to move in this fall.

I also noticed that blasted electrical sub station.

Old Posted May 1, 2024, 3:24 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Bright & Brine Fine Art Gallery is now open at the Three Sisters complex. I believe this is the first commercial tenant at the Three Sisters.

https://www.facebook.com/brightbrine.ca

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 1, 2024 at 4:26 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces