HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 11:20 AM
Any where but Fredericton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
The buses have been having it rough.

Monday, I caught the 7:45 13S Prospect, and it took 90 minutes on Maple.
Tuesday, caught the 7:15 (earliest possible route) and it took 75 minutes on Maple.
Wednesday, caught the 7:15 and it took 60 minutes.

Today, I caught a lift with a coworker, and we came down Douglas and skipped most of the lineups so it wasn't bad (got to work at 7:15 after leaving around 6:50 or so)

Tomorrow, I'm hoping a lot of people are taking Vacay and the lineups will be sorted out more.
I left my house at 710am behind the brookiside mall and I got to work at 740am. It seems each day there is less and less traffic. I am guessing other people have their hours switched or are going a different way.

Just going to dread phase 2 more so, with all the ramps closed and the only way to get on the bridge is westmorland street and queen street

Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 11:40 AM

Yeah, this morning I caught the 7:45 bus (my usual one) and was shocked to come out on Maple and see no traffic. We got all the way up to Douglas before we had any sort of line, and made it to Kingsplace more or less at the usual time.

I'm hoping that after the Canada Day week next week it will stay similar or not much worse than it was today.

Phase 2 is going to be a nightmare. Ideally, they would close Queen and King to Bridge traffic (buses exempted), and make Brunswick the feeders into it from both Smythe and Regent (that would mean turning Brunswick the other way around). The problem is, the lights aren't set up for Regent onto Brunswick so that would be a problem; and the next best Regent to Westmorland connection is way up at Dundonald.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 12:27 PM

There didn't seem to be much traffic anywhere this morning. I think maybe people are going on vacation.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridus View Post
There didn't seem to be much traffic anywhere this morning. I think maybe people are going on vacation.
Probably. I can't believe the city missed the opportunity to start work on the Airport road out at Lincoln. People might actually be able to make it where they want to go!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 11:38 PM

PAC agenda for July available for view. You can download the pdf here http://www.fredericton.ca/en/citygov...ycommittee.asp

Notable items include the Picaroons Brewery development on the Green on Union Street. Will really make that area into a destination location

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
PAC agenda for July available for view. You can download the pdf here http://www.fredericton.ca/en/citygov...ycommittee.asp

Notable items include the Picaroons Brewery development on the Green on Union Street. Will really make that area into a destination location
Those plans look great.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 10:44 AM

The foundation for the crane for the new tower on Queen street is finally started. They're building the forms this morning for it, so the crane will probably come in next week sometime.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2014, 10:31 PM
New Brunswick booster!

So I wonder what the reason is for the rash of vandalism downtown? It has me concerned. I haven't seen it this bad in the 6 years I've lived here

Old Posted Jul 6, 2014, 11:27 PM

I HAVE THE POWER!

And a very clean freezer now.

Arthur sucked. Power went out at 08:30 Saturday morning. Came back at 18:30 sunday, and hopefully it's back for good now at 20:30 Sunday.

LOTS of trees down all over the city. I walked down the trail from Stone Bridge to the walking bridge (and to downtown). The trail was blocked at Douglas and the Walking Bridge and possibly a few other places.

On Hawkins, there were trees on the lines on the Brookside side all around. And the Kilarny Brook was almost bursting its banks (after being nearly dry on Friday).

It was an incredible storm for our area.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2014, 11:48 PM

We lost power around 7 AM yesterday, got it back at 5 today (Deerwood Drive). There were trees on the lines in at least four places on our road and they were cleaning that up around 1 PM this afternoon.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2014, 10:43 PM

My power was thankfully returned at noon today.

On another note they were doing a concrete pour this evening at the Apartment complex now under construction on Queen street West

Old Posted Jul 7, 2014, 11:54 PM

Work was without power today, so I got a long weekend thank goodness. Gave me time to catch up on a lot of things I couldn't do on the actual weekend.

I suspect it's back to normal(ish) tomorrow, though I'll call and find out.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 1:02 PM

There was some land clearing going on this morning towards the western end of Bishop Drive. Not behind the VW dealer, but closer to the fisheries building. Not sure what that is for.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 5:53 PM

I see Fredericton has got its first two-way left turn lane on Priestman Street feeding left onto Smythe Street. This will be interesting to see how many people actually know how to use this.

(Sorry, not so great angles. I was in a rush)

I also suspect this will help alleviate traffic somewhat on Priestman.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 12:43 AM

Was by there at supper time and there was a long line from the centre lane and there were no cars in the outside lane even though they were all turning left. Couldn't see that giant turn arrow painted there I guess lol.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 4:32 AM

The City needs to get some overhead signage up, that may help drivers figure out what's going on. Otherwise, the cars in the left-left turning lane will end up smashing into any cars in the right-left turning lane as they drift into that lane like most do at every other intersection.. Left-left and right-left... understood?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBall View Post
The City needs to get some overhead signage up, that may help drivers figure out what's going on. Otherwise, the cars in the left-left turning lane will end up smashing into any cars in the right-left turning lane as they drift into that lane like most do at every other intersection.. Left-left and right-left... understood?
I don't understand why Fredericton doesn't have overhead signs that indicate the purpose for each lane. The arrows painted on pavement tend to wear off quickly and people who are familiar with our roads are okay but those that aren't don't know which lane does what. I've seen plenty of people go straight southbound in the left turn lane at Hanwell and Bishop, for example.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
The foundation for the crane for the new tower on Queen street is finally started. They're building the forms this morning for it, so the crane will probably come in next week sometime.
Looks like it is going up today.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Looks like it is going up today.
Yup! Found a pic on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dkeenantweets/st...34077499932672

Old Posted Jul 13, 2014, 12:04 AM

New Speedy.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces