HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 3:27 AM
them bones

I have a 10 year old Canon 30d that I am in desperate need of upgrading. It's been around the world and takes pictures like it. It was also the last sensor that Canon made without a sensor cleaner (fucking dust spots).

Now that I have children (and mortgage, etc, etc) I can't just go spend as much as I want on such things.

It looks like I will pick up a Canon 70d after the 80d comes out on Friday.

Question: does anyone have a Tamron 16-300mm lens? I'm torn at the moment between buying another Canon 70-300mm lens (dropped!) and trying to get my Canon 17-85mm lens repaired (it has a hair in it) or spending a tad bit less for the Tamron and eliminating the lens changes. Changing lenses is just a pain when travelling with two children. I would love to buy an L glass or a 2.8 lens but it's not in my budget at the moment.

Or should I just suck it up and buy a full frame camera?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 3:25 PM
Klatuu Barada Nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
Or should I just suck it up and buy a full frame camera?
I can't speak much to your needs, but I can say the Canon 6D is great and affordable full-frame camera. It lacks the crazy fast autofocus and shooting speed needed for shooting sports that you would get with a 5D, but for studio work, landscapes, architecture and street photography, it's fantastic.

On that note, another consideration might be to look for an older 5D (MkI or MkII) with a low actuation count or refurbished shutter.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 1:21 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

picked up a canon ts-e-24mm for my birthday back in june quikly turning into my favorit lens

kinda now want the 17mm now.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography