HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

View Poll Results: Which party do you plan to vote for in the 2019 federal election?
Conservative Party 73 25.61%
Liberal Party 119 41.75%
NDP 44 15.44%
Green Party 27 9.47%
Peoples Party of Canada 22 7.72%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 1:37 AM
Transit Geek

CPC off to a bad start...

Last edited by Dengler Avenue; Oct 22, 2019 at 1:55 AM.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 1:39 AM

Conservatives doing way worse than I anticipated. Still way too early to call so I'll eat these words.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:12 AM

CBC projects Liberal victory.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:20 AM
Jos Connaissant

Quote:
Originally Posted by misher View Post
We made a deal way back when PEI’s population was a different ratio to our own. We have to keep our deals especially when the sacrifice isn’t costly. 4 seats is not going to change much. PEI is honestly ignored no matter who they elect.
Yup.

Gotta love how some Canadians are like the proverbial fish who does not want his little friend who is a boy to get a bike unless the fish gets one too. Even if it is useless to him.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:27 AM

Well the pollsters were totally wrong the NDP surge was all fake and not real and my projection was wrong too. I hope now the Tories clean house remove Scheer and all the Harper staffers who bring no vision and only paranoia to the party and elect a charismatic leader with better French who can do better in Eastern Canada.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Yup.

Gotta love how some Canadians are like the proverbial fish who does not want his little friend who is a boy to get a bike unless the fish gets one too. Even if it is useless to him.
There's a proverb? How does it relate to PEI?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Well the pollsters were totally wrong the NDP surge was all fake and not real and my projection was wrong too. I hope now the Tories clean house remove Scheer and all the Harper staffers who bring no vision and only paranoia to the party and elect a charismatic leader with better French who can do better in Eastern Canada.
Sadly the Tory performance may be just acceptable enough for Scheer to hang on.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:38 AM
Jos Connaissant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
There's a proverb? How does it relate to PEI?
Regardless, can't you see the pettiness?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Sadly the Tory performance may be just acceptable enough for Scheer to hang on.
I don't think so the NDP is broke and had to put their Ottawa HQ building up for collateral to have funds to run this campaign, the Bloc is happy to have this surge in seats so this could be a 3 or 4 year minority. The tories cannot risk have a weak limp bland leader like Scheer in the next election which is their's for the taking. They cannot allow to have the liberals get a 35-40 seat lead in Toronto and a 20 seat lead in the maritimes. They are dead in the water with him.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:44 AM
ARTchitecture

Really happy to see a fairly decisive Green victory in Fredericton. Felt like I was hoping against hope for that, pretty much shrieked out loud when they said "elected" Now let's see how much of the Island they take.

Suuuuper stoked that the Bernier dumpster fire was not indulged in the slightest.

'My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.' — Jack Layton

Last edited by Chadillaccc; Oct 22, 2019 at 3:01 AM. Reason: Edit: Forgot that with the bloc controlling the government, the rest of the country is screwed :P

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:45 AM

NDP must be devastated right now with so much hype about their supposed surge and it was all fake.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Regardless, can't you see the pettiness?
A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian.

That goes for their vote.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:47 AM

Scheer is the least of the Tories' worries. They have to get rid of everyone behind the scenes who thought that going back to 2015 policies was their way to win.

Kick them all out and start fresh. This has to be one of the greatest fumbles in Canadian political history.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 2:48 AM
Jos Connaissant

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian.

That goes for their vote.
Nice try.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:00 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPonyTime View Post
Scheer is the least of the Tories' worries. They have to get rid of everyone behind the scenes who thought that going back to 2015 policies was their way to win.

Kick them all out and start fresh. This has to be one of the greatest fumbles in Canadian political history.
Yeah, I can't see myself ever voting for the conservatives, but I'd have to agree. With a Prime Minister as widely unpopular as Justin Trudeau, the conservatives could have fairly easily had this one in the bag, and honestly the country might have been better for it. Now we are going to have a Bloc-controlled Liberal government... so the west is pretty much fucked.

'My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.' — Jack Layton

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Yeah, I can't see myself ever voting for the conservatives, but I'd have to agree. With a Prime Minister as widely unpopular as Justin Trudeau, the conservatives could have fairly easily had this one in the bag, and honestly the country might have been better for it. Now we are going to have a Bloc-controlled Liberal government... so the west is pretty much fucked.
Bloc?

The Liberals and NDP have 179 seats (as of this instant). They'll leave the Bloc out of that mess.

Not saying that's much better...

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Why do you say that? In theory, the Bloc should be irrelevant, unless the Liberals and the NDP have a falling out, which seems unlikely at least for the next couple of years.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:04 AM
I am the law!

The nation needs to stop falling for charisma. We have that in Trudeau. He has all the charisma in the world; a so called feminist but, he is actaully the furthest thing when you look at how he has treated confident women around him. Sheer was probably meant to lose. The conservative party playing lthe long run putting the party first instead of Canada. I still can't believe Canadians voted Trudeau and his government in again. He's a celebrity because of his family lineage and has all the elitest vices to go along with it.

The Trudeau government following Wynne's example has made a mockery of the middle class reducing it to a slim margin above the poverty line. The rest of the working slobs are considered wealthy but not wealthy enough to avoided being taxed to death. (being taxed with nothing to show in return)

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:05 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave46 View Post
Bloc?

The Liberals and NDP have 179 seats (as of this instant). They'll leave the Bloc out of that mess.

Not saying that's much better...
Yeah I guess I should have said Bloc and/or NDP controlled minority. Either way, the west is still fucked. Or, well at least the economic future of the west. Assuming the NDP aren't going to be enormous hypocrites and support the gas industry of BC while denigrating the same industry in Alberta. Though, that is their MO, so... we'll see I guess. The reason I said the Bloc is because they really only give a shit about Quebec, even to the detriment of the rest of the country.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:07 AM

Liberals are safe they have a virtual majority with mid 150's seats and a bankrupt rump of the NDP to put them over the 170 mark. Tories need someone from the PC wing of the party as leader. It may piss off the base in Alberta but Albertans must see they have no chance at power without getting swing votes in the east.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada