HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Vanderbilt in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 2:09 PM
BANNED

(via previous page)
^^^ One Vandy is THE perfect 21st Century compliment to a 20th century American icon

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 3:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^^^ One Vandy is THE perfect 21st Century compliment to a 20th century American icon
I agree. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the JPMC HQ and the Grand Hyatt Towers.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 6:26 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I agree. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the JPMC HQ and the Grand Hyatt Towers.
Hopefully the Roosevelt Hotel becomes a Vandy style tower. The footprint is quite large, I hope a behemoth rises there. Would be nice if they do go all office, but I'd like to see a mixed-use.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Looking forward to your pictures.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 8:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigher View Post
Why don't you post any pictures then?

More to the point why don't others here who live in NYC post any either instead of ones from Instagram etc? Just be honest about your location.
What a ridiculous comment.

I live in the NYC metro. I used to live in Manhattan. I now live and work in Westchester, and when I go into the city with my kids, I'm not in a position to take photos.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 8:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Why don't you post any pictures then?

More to the point why don't others here who live in NYC post any either instead of ones from Instagram etc? Just be honest about your location.

You’ll take what you get, and like it. Otherwise, get your own.

Personally speaking, I take and post more than enough photos, but people shouldn’t be just subjected to what photos forum members take. The idea is that if there’s something to see, you’ll see it. That is the beauty of a city like New York, with so many photographers. No need for thanks. Just enjoy the photos, whoever they may come from.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

Personally speaking, I take and post more than enough photos, but people shouldn’t be just subjected to what photos forum members take. The idea is that if there’s something to see, you’ll see it. That is the beauty of a city like New York, with so many photographers. No need for thanks. Just enjoy the photos, whoever they may come from.
This reminds me of the shit that was thrown at me for posting my own large images on Philadelphia skyscraper forums, sure the site has an old format but enjoy the damn images

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
What a ridiculous comment.

I live in the NYC metro. I used to live in Manhattan. I now live and work in Westchester, and when I go into the city with my kids, I'm not in a position to take photos.
Well forgive me for not believing you especially considering your profile says SW3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

Woah calm down. I enjoy the pictures where ever they come from. But you rarely post your own. Don't mean I don't appreciate your alts work on this forum.

Last edited by SkyHigher; Jul 6, 2020 at 12:15 PM.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 12:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Well forgive me for not believing you especially considering your profile says SW3..
My aunt, uncle, and cousins live in SW3, and I happen to love it there, you pratt. Why do you feel the need to start antagonistic comments anyway?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 1:25 PM

Quote:
My aunt, uncle, and cousins live in SW3, and I happen to love it there, you pratt. Why do you feel the need to start antagonistic comments anyway?
I've PM'ed you. Lets not derail this thread further.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 2:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I've PM'ed you. Lets not derail this thread further.
I didn't get it. Peace anyway, dude. Happy Fourth!

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXodius View Post
Any idea what are those black "rails" that they seem to have added to the upper part of the crown? You see them fairly prominently in NYguy's posts from June 26th on the left, but I'm not sure if it's part of construction or what they're supposed to be
They are 2 strips of unglazed areas of the curtainwall for some reason. Will be field glazed soon enough I expect.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 6:44 AM

Quote:
Well forgive me for not believing you especially considering your profile says SW3.

Woah calm down. I enjoy the pictures where ever they come from. But you rarely post your own. Don't mean I don't appreciate your alts work on this forum.

IMO, vertical accent strips of terracotta would have looked fantastic on those bold vast areas of curtainwall, rather than the always used horizontal banding. Would have given the building a dramatic boost with its height perspective.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 3:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
This reminds me of the shit that was thrown at me for posting my own large images on Philadelphia skyscraper forums, sure the site has an old format but enjoy the damn images
Exactly.

Quote:
Woah calm down. I enjoy the pictures where ever they come from. But you rarely post your own.
Excuse me sir. But I have entire galleries of my own photos that I post online. There are more photos available on a daily basis, and I take the time to share them with like-minded people on this forum, rather than just keep it to myself.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...?adppopup=true

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...?adppopup=true

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Jul 7, 2020 at 4:10 PM.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 12:11 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 2:57 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 12:32 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

the more it gets cladded, the more i am liking the crown.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 1:06 PM
BANNED

This tower's best angles by far are from the n and s. From those perspectives, it's utterly iconic. It's not as amazing from the e and w, but especially from the east.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 2:51 PM

I'm going with it being more ironic than iconic, due to how probably the pandemic is going to affect the future of office space for sometime.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 2:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I'm going with it being more ironic than iconic, due to how probably the pandemic is going to affect the future of office space for sometime.
Pandemics come and go. The 1918 Influenza outbreak didn't change things. 9/11 didn't change things. Cities generally, let alone super cities like NY, Lon., etc., aren't going anywhere and will continue to thrive.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive