HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 6:07 PM

Salt Lake City & MSA/CSA Rundown

Urban Hiking Trails - Salt Lake City CSA

https://cdn-assets.alltrails.com/upl...c5a96b3051.jpg

Real Salt Lake to build new Boys and Girls club, community plaza, futsal court

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/rea...munity-futsal/

Real Salt Lake is aiming to develop land in Salt Lake City through its foundation.

According to a release from the club, ... a new public-private proposal Thursday with the RSL Foundation and the Hansen Family Foundation at the Sugarhouse Boys and Girls club.

The proposal that Real Salt Lake will submit will include plans to develop the Sugarmount land by building a new Boys and Girls club and building a community plaza. The plaza will feature a futsal court to honor longtime RSL goalkeeper Nick Rimando.

Rimando played for Real Salt Lake from 2007 through 2019. He holds Major League Soccer records for career shutouts, wins, saves and appearances.

After the new Boys and Girls club is built, Real Salt Lake will build indoor courts in place of where the current one sits...

Last edited by delts145; Jul 16, 2020 at 11:24 PM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 11:04 AM

Downtown Update - 95 So. State - Under Construction - May through July Timeline

https://i.redd.it/8frevmuolex41.jpg

https://kutv.com/resources/media/dd4...?1556058476688

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

May 4th

Construction on 95 State at City Creek, located at 95 S. State in Salt Lake City, continues on Monday, May 4, 2020. Scott G Winterton, Deseret News

May 25th

Note: Crane in foreground is the 95 S. State office tower. 2nd Crane in the background is the Liberty Sky residential tower

Pic By Atlas

May 28th

Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by meman View Post
Does anyone know when the steel is scheduled to start going up on Tower 8? The central elevator core is pretty tall, it appears to be about 10 storys tall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
They have been pouring concrete for the first floor/ground level. I would think that once this is complete and set, we would start to see steel rise. I think this may be in the next 2 weeks. That would give the core another 1 or 2 levels.

June 18th

Pic By Atlas

June 29th

Pic By Atlas

July 9th

Quote:
Tower 8 Update:

Huge pieces of steel are on-site at Tower 8.

Should be rising soon!!
Steel beam attachment to central core begins.

Last edited by delts145; Jul 17, 2020 at 10:00 AM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 5:54 PM

Downtown Update - Gateway District - Greenprint Gateway Apartments

Project Description:
The long-standing and existing use of our project site is as a parking lot and car repair shop. The proposed project is a six-story apartment building comprised of one, ground-floor concrete podium level and five wood-framed stories (See, enclosed concept plans). The building will deliver 150 residential apartment units to this downtown location. At the street-level, along the 200 South facade, the podium will contain retail and/or office spaces. The minimum parking currently required by the zone will be accomplished by a combination of indoor and outdoor parking stalls. The outdoor stalls will be located behind the building, with gated access off of 600 West, and the parking lot will include the required interior landscaping. Given its proximity to the Old Greek Town Trax Station and the Gateway commercial development, we believe that this design will not only meet the City’s vision for this district but will also enhance the area by adding a walkable, transit-oriented, multi-family option for City residents.

Elevation Drawings:

Site Plan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post

With so many projects getting proposed around the gateway in the past two weeks, I thought it might be a good idea to map out the projects that are proposed and under construction in the west side of downtown Salt Lake City.

If I choose to take the time, I may add details and photos for each of the projects, but I thought I'd post the map for now.

I may have missed something here or there, but I am hoping this acts as a good snapshot of what is happening on the west side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Great map, thanks! Mind if I share it on the subreddit?

I do think that the Greenprint Gateway project is a definite improvement over the Central Station designs. In addition to the ground floor engagement and parking numbers, it looks like they want to use brick on parts of the facade. The design itself is nothing special but it at least seems like a half-decent infill project to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
^^^ Isn't there a "health and social club" type development planned just north of 16? I don't remember the name of it, but I know I've seen renderings for it on this site.

Quote:
Yes, you're right. Always nice to replace an empty lot with something interesting.

Downtown Update - Edison House Social Club

Edison House is a social club, reimagined for those looking to elevate their lifestyle. Members enjoy full access to our brand new clubhouse, unique experiences & events, and a community of Salt Lake’s finest.

From your morning coffee to your afternoon workout to your evening nightcap, our 35,000 square foot clubhouse is your lifestyle hub and home away from home. And it’s being built downtown as we speak. Explore our vision below

FIRST FLOOR:
01 / Contemporary Restaurant & Bar
02 / Private Dining
03 / The Lounge
04 / Health Kiosk & Unlimited Drip Coffee
05 / Fitness Center & Locker Rooms

SECOND FLOOR:
06 / Speakeasy Bar & Performance Venue
07 / Korean Karaoke
08 / Tap Room & Sports Lounge
09 / The Billiards Parlor

THIRD FLOOR:
10 / Sky Lounge & Outdoor Theatre
11 / Open Air Pool Deck & Terrace
12 / Rooftop Bar

Last edited by delts145; Oct 19, 2020 at 10:33 AM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 9:34 PM

Downtown Update - Lotus Republic

Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article @
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/80-...cs-urban-core/

East Downtown will soon see new residential construction along the South Temple – 100 South corridor. At 25 South 300 East, Lotus Republic will add 80 market-rate apartments to what may already be the densest residential area in the state.

The podium + 5 story mixed-use building will house 56 micro (460 sf) and 24 1-bdrm (740 sf) units. The project provides 80 parking stalls for a 1 : 1 ratio.

On the ground floor, 1168 sf of retail space will house the Republic Taphouse.

It will replace the former single-story Utah College of Massage Therapy and more recently Cortiva Institute building. Think Architecture of Sandy is the architect...Construction is currently out to bid, and developers plan to break ground in
75 days. Construction will take 18-20 months, putting completion in Spring, 2022.

Lotus Republic, an 80-unit market-rate mixed-use project coming to 25 S. 300 E. in east Downtown, Salt Lake City. Image courtesy Think Architecture.

Last edited by delts145; Aug 9, 2020 at 11:39 AM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 10:25 PM

Scandanavian Modern Coming To 2100 South - IZZY South Residential

Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article @
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/con...lectric-trend/

Contemporary low-rise residential on 2100 South will contribute to all-electric trend

A Scandinavian-modern, market-rate apartment project by locals High Boy Ventures and ajc architects will boost residential capacity along 2100 South in Salt Lake City between 500 and 600 East.

Izzy South, at 542 East 2100 South, will add 71 units in a 3-story structure along 283 ft of street frontage...40 studios, 21 1-bdrm, and 10 2-bdrm townhome-style apartments will make up the building.

The owners, Islington/High Boy Ventures, plan a mirror development directly across the street, where they own five parcels. That will be 142 units added to the neighborhood, affectionately called “Sugarhood” by locals. The project’s street frontage along 2100 South will provide access to 13 walk-up units, and a parking garage entry in the center of the building. The at-grade under-podium parking will contain 58 stalls, a .8:1 parking ratio.

The west end of the building has three floors of retail space, and drawings suggest a bar, coffee shop, or restaurant...The builders highlight the all-electric components of the units: water heaters, unit heaters, and coolers. Giv Group’s Chris Parker has been leading the local movement towards all-electric buildings. The Izzy developers are also hoping to install roof-top solar...

https://i1.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...24%2C576&ssl=1

Izzy South, 542 East 2100 South, SLC. Retail space, right. Image courtesy ajc architects.

Last edited by delts145; Jul 27, 2020 at 10:31 AM.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 10:35 AM

Update, Downtown West - The Depot District - CW Urban's "The Beverly"

CW Urban received approval by the Planning Commission this month to move forward on a 48-unit, market-rate condominium project named The Beverly.

Four buildings, each four stories, will barely reach the minimum height required by Gateway-Mixed Use zoning (45 feet). Like all proposed projects in this zone, the developer had to submit to a Conditional Building Site Design Review process...

Rendering for The Beverly, at 45 South 600 West, looking east. Image courtesy SLC public documents.

Future site of The Beverly at 45 South 600 West, to replace the three beige-colored buildings lower center. Photo by Luke Garrott.

...The city will require the builders to include public art and a mid-block walkway along the eastern edge of their property. Benches will be placed at the south end of the walkway as it terminates at 100 South, immediately east of Futsal 801. The north end of the walkway will terminate in Gateway’s western surface parking lot fence...

April 26th Photos Update By StayingInformed

The Beverley sign on 600 W and about 75 S.

The Beverley site has some foundations down.

June 29th Update by Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

The Beverly by CW Urban, at 45 S 600 W, has 3 of 4 buildings framed out. Photo by Luke Garrott.

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...78%2C381&ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...fit=1700%2C763

Last edited by delts145; Jun 14, 2021 at 2:56 PM.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 10:59 AM

Update, Downtown West - The Depot District - Casa Milagros Senior Living

On the 100 South block of 600 West, the Casa Milagros Senior Living project at Centro Civico Mexicano is looking ready to be framed.

April 15th Photos Update At Casa Milagros Senior Housing Project Site

Casa Milagros senior housing continues to fill out at 145 South 600 West. Photo by Luke Garrott.

April 26th Photo Update By StayingInformed

June 29th Photo Update By Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...tinues-to-pop/

Just a few doors down the street from 'The Beverly' Centro Civico Mexicano’s Casa Milagros (145 S 600 W) senior housing is making real progress. Casa Milagros, pictured, is scaffolded for exterior treatments.

Last edited by delts145; Aug 22, 2020 at 12:28 PM.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 8:50 AM

Downtown Update, Block 67 Development Timeline

By Tony Semerad, The Salt Lake Tribunehttps://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/12/...city-approves/

Salt Lake City has approved a way to pump $15 million into building a huge subterranean parking garage for Block 67, an upcoming ambitious residential and hotel project on the western edge of the city’s downtown.

The agreement, backed Tuesday by the City Council in its role overseeing the city’s Redevelopment Agency (RDA), clears a major hurdle for what is to be known as The West Quarter, a 6.45-acre development bounded by
100 South and 200 South from 200 West to 300 West.

(Rendering by The Ritchie Group) A rendering of The Ritchie Group's proposed Block 67 development in Salt Lake City, as though looking north along 300 West...

Developers with Salt Lake City-based The Ritchie Group and Garn Development Co. in Layton plan to build more than 650 dwellings, two hotels, an office tower, retail shops, a tree-lined street cut through the block and an underground
parking garage with more than 1,200 stalls.

With its four towers and extensive amenities, to be built in two phases, The West Quarter project will push the center of the city’s urban core west, with more robust pedestrian connections between the existing downtown and The Gateway and
Vivint Smart Home Arena farther west.

“It really is a good project,” Councilman Charlie Luke said Tuesday. “It really is going to do a lot for the city and especially for that part of the city in terms of redevelopment."...

...Ryan Ritchie, a principal in The Ritchie Group, has said the underground parking garage is integral to the project’s overall financial success...The loan agreement sets up a legal mechanism for the city to give the developers the $15 million in
money for the parking garage, then lets the developers pay it back over time as their project generates additional tax money. Salt Lake City’s RDA will, in turn, pass those payments back to the county...

Additional Renderings of Block 67 - Subterranean garage to serve both Phases I and Phase II

Quote:
December 5th - Construction fencing is going up around the West Quarter site today!!

Looks like another big project is imminent!!
Jacobsen is partnering with The Ritchie Group and Garn Development to build Phase I of The Block 67 Project. The West Quarter, a multi-use development that will help define the emerging sports and entertainment district in downtown Salt Lake City.
The project — adjacent to Vivint Smart Home Arena — will feature more than 650 residential units, a mid-block street with access to 200 South and 300 West, and a subterranean parking garage. The scope of work also includes more than
100,000 square feet of retail space, 430,000 square feet of office space and a 271-room hotel.

Quote:

I drove by last week and it was a big hole in the ground with workers and machines. So that's a little bit of progress since my last pic!

April 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusam26 View Post

Pic By Gusam

May 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusam26 View Post
Crane going up!

Pic By Gusam

May 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
This seemed to pop out of nowhere quick.
Quote:
The view from the 6th North bridge is amazing. The cranes look so far away from Main Street even though they are only 2 blocks.

I can't wait for the 2 CCH cranes to also go up. 6 tower cranes up and working From State Street to 3rd West and South Temple to 2nd South.

My wife did point out to me today as we drove around downtown that there are many work trucks from out of state license plats at the various projects. I thought that this was nice in that we are pulling workers from other states for our projects.

May 31st

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
Pictures of the West Quarter cranes from all sides.

Pics By StayingInformed

June 18th

Pics By Atlas

June 29th

The West End project by Ritchie Group at 251 W 100 S is getting footings after installing two main cranes. Its first phase will add residential, hospitality, and hotel capacity around the Utah Jazz arena.

Photos By Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...tinues-to-pop/

Last edited by delts145; Aug 1, 2020 at 11:09 AM.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 7:01 PM

Downtown Update - Paperbox Project - Photo Updates at the Construction Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
...And the Paperbox demo is complete...

Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/uta...oject-details/

Dust is newly stirring up on the block directly south of the Arena in West Downtown. The PaperBox Lofts, a project of Clearwater Homes and PEG Development, is clearing its inner block-long site
for construction. The developers are in final arrangements with the city for building permits, and expect construction to take 18-22 months...

Utah Paperbox site seen from the air at 400 West. Image by Luke Garrott.

UPB demolition from the south. Image by Luke Garrott.

UPB demolition from the west. Image by Luke Garrott.

It looks like the block is set to become even more dense. Clearwater hopes to submit designs for an 85 foot,
140 unit residential project to the city soon enough for a late 2019 construction start.

Massing rendering showing a future residential project fronting 200 South on the current parking lot between Westgate Lofts and the Dakota building. Image courtesy VCBO and SLC RDA.

[IMG][/IMG]
https://www.sltrib.com/resizer/G6W0g...4GC52EYRT4.png

Quote:

Regarding the Paperbox Project:

Salt Lake City’s newest project, the Paper Box Lofts, will include 195 apartments and an ‘automobile vending machine’

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/03/...-citys-newest/
Developers began Tuesday to convert an old mid-block industrial site in downtown Salt Lake City into a project known as Paper Box Lofts, which will have three residential high rises, retail spaces, a visually
striking open plaza and a unique automated parking system.

Officials with Utah-based ClearWater Homes and PEG Development broke ground on the 1.99-acre property at about 340 West 200 South, just south of the Utah Jazz’s Vivint Smart Home Arena. When done,
the project will include 195 apartments.

Under an agreement with the city’s Redevelopment Agency, which has helped subsidize the project, developers will keep 36 apartments affordable to residents making 60 percent of the area median income.

Sixty percent of the area median income would be $31,700 in annual earnings for an individual, $36,200 for a household of two people and $40,700 for a household of three, according to data from Salt Lake City.

With its affordable housing, new parking, green space and midblock pedestrian walkways, Mayor Jackie Biskupski said Paper Box Lofts “will benefit our whole community.”

The project is also expected to extend the city’s downtown core further westward and improve pedestrian access from the traditional downtown to The Gateway. Salt Lake City-based ClearWater and PEG,
based in Provo, said the first residences of Paper Box Lofts are expected to be completed by spring of 2021.

Officials with ClearWater and PEG praised the help provided by city officials and the RDA in overcoming challenges with the property’s long, rectangular shape in designing what ClearWater CEO Micah Peters called
“a multifamily project we haven’t seen in this city before.”

Downtown’s latest housing project draws its name from Utah PaperBox, a privately owned packaging company founded in 1914 that occupied the site until it relocated in 2013 to new headquarters
at 920 South 700 West.

The PaperBox property, which is adjacent to a light-rail station, runs the east-west length of that block and has frontage on both 300 West and 400 West, giving it the equivalent of “two front yards,”
according to city documents.

One of those, the development’s east frontage on 300 West, will feature an open plaza with prominently displayed public art, serving “as a type of ‘calling card’ or ‘stamp’ for the entire project by providing
an engaging and colorful mural” painted on the side of its main parking structure, city documents say.

ClearWater and PEG have contracted with VCBO Architecture in Salt Lake City for design of the PaperBox project. Rimrock Construction is the builder.

The project is a leap forward for the Depot District, a westside area spanning Salt Lake Central Station and land west of The Gateway and designated by the city as blighted and in need of redevelopment.

ClearWater and PEG say the Paper Box Lofts’ first building, on 300 West, will have 95 residential units, and the second, on 400 West, will have 85 units. The third, smaller structure will have four residences.

Nearly half those will be one bedrooms, with the rest studio and two-bedroom apartments. Up to 14 units in the larger buildings will provide both working and living space, known as live-work or flex apartments.

Paper Box Lofts will also boast roughly 146 parking stalls, with about 96 of stalls those built into a large, multi-level parking structure designed to automatically stack and retrieve cars dropped off by their drivers.

Peters likened the system to “an automobile vending machine” that will essentially stack cars seven levels high. This is thought to be the first time such an automated parking system, made by an Oakland
company called CityLift, has been deployed in Salt Lake City.

Councilwoman Amy Folwer, who is also chair of the RDA board, called the new system “incredibly exciting” and said it could help the city meet a range of parking needs downtown.

ClearWater Homes has built several recent projects in the downtown area near the PaperBox site, including Broadway Lofts, just north of Pioneer Park, and Paragon Station, a 38-unit luxury condominium project
just south of the Utah PaperBox site.

PEG Development is owner and developer of two new hotels, Hyatt House and Marriott Courtyard, north of the PaperBox parcel, as well as the Milagro Apartments, at the southwest corner of 200 West and
200 South.

https://i1.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...plan.png?ssl=1

The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public document

Interior Of Block Perspectives

Rendering of the interior courtyard in the PaperBox Lofts. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public document

Rendering of the interior courtyard in the PaperBox Lofts. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents

Rendering of the PaperBox Lofts as would be seen looking east from 300 West. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents.

Rendering of the PaperBox Lofts as would be seen looking east from 300 West. The project was designed by VCBO Architecture. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents.

January Update - Pics By Scott Harding

April 11th

Pics By SLCPolitico

June 29th

Pic By Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...carousel-21771

Last edited by delts145; Aug 1, 2020 at 10:56 PM.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 11:13 AM

Downtown Update - The Marmalade District Project - Photo Updates at the Construction Site

Rendering of the southwest corner of the Marmalade mixed-use project. Image courtesy Salt Lake City planning documents.

Part of the recently completed first phase, The Marmalade Library

Quote:

The large Marmalade housing project had its official ground breaking today:

https://www.abc4.com/news/salt-lake-...block-project/
Downtown/West - Salt Lake City breaks ground on ‘Marmalade Block’ project

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – A ceremonial groundbreaking was held Wednesday evening for a new mixed-use development project in the West Capitol Hill neighborhood. Members of the Salt Lake City Council were on-hand for the
Harvest at Marmalade presentation. The new development will comprise of three mixed-used building with 252 apartments, 12 office units and 2,400 square feet of commercial space. Harvest is the third piece of the four-part Marmalade
Block Development. The first, the Marmalade Branch of the Salt Lake City Public Library was completed in 2016, and the second, the Grove at Marmalade Townhomes completed in fall 2018.

“The library which was built about three years ago has really provided kind of a central hub for the community to gather around. And we feel like the addition of this project is really just going to complete that focus and really have a
transformational effect on the Marmalade Community,” said Micah Peters, CEO of Clearwater Homes.

The fourth component, an inner-block public plaza featuring green space and public art, will be constructed following Harvest’s completion.

Rendering of the northwest corner of the Marmalade mixed-use project. Image courtesy Salt Lake City planning documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Dave View Post
On the development front the Marmalade project is coming along nicely and you can already get a sense of the life that project will bring to that area...

Photo Update By Scott Harding - November 2019

Photo Update By Scott Harding - January 2020

Photo Update, April 15th - April 26th, 2020

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...78%2C381&ssl=1

Harvest at Marmalade by ClearWater Homes, a 264-unit rental mixed-use project with 4400 sf of ground floor retail space, here from 300 West looking east. City Library branch, bottom right.

Photo Update by Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

Harvest at Marmalade fronts 300 West, with a small grocery planned for the northwest corner and a restaurant on the southwest corner also on 300 West.

Photo Update by Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

Project just north of Marmalade Library

Photo Update by StayingInformed

Project just north of Marmalade Library 600 N side is above the fence line now.

Photo Update by StayingInformed

Photo Update, June 29th

Harvest at Marmalade (550 N 300 W) shows continued progress.

Photo By Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...tinues-to-pop/

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 11:54 AM

Downtown Update - Latest Aerial Drone Flyover - The Broadway Cottonwood Apartments

Latest Drone Flyover - June 29th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVN_rVWX03U

Renderings, Cottonwood Broadway Apartments

PROJECT DATA
Located on the east side Salt Lake City’s vibrant downtown and iconic buildings like the Salt Lake City Public Library, the Leonardo Museum, and Salt Palace Convention Center, Cottonwood Broadway is well positioned to give residents access
to all that the City has to offer. The Studio PBA project consists of one 7-story building, with units ranging from studios to 2-bedrooms. Residents will have covered parking options located on the first two floors of the building, while the
top 5 floors are reserved for amenities and residential units. The contemporary building design provides sweeping views of the Wasatch Range from the roof top pool and residences, an expansive multi-level fitness center, and other amenity
spaces such as a cyber cafe, mail center, and full service leasing center with conference rooms.

MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT
Client: Cottonwood Residential
Completion: 2021
Units / Density: 256 Units / 148 DU/ACRE
Program: Multi-Family Residential

200 South Street Engagement

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...4%2C1042&ssl=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post
I walked by there the other day and saw a development company banner up and thought something may be happening soon. That Makes The Birdie, The Exchange, The Broadway,
The Magnolia and the nearly complete Quattro all going up in just a couple blocks of each other.

Plus The Morton is about 1/3 full and Moda Luxe appears to preparing the buildings for demo in the near future. Lots of infill in that area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
That's fantastic for downtown density's sake to have so many new feet on the ground. I know what a huge difference it makes having witnessed the seemingly sudden transformation of downtown L.A. these
past ten years. All of the new mid-rise and high-rise residential has transformed downtown Los Angeles from partially dead at night and on weekends to incredibly vibrant and full of activity both days and evenings, especially on weekends.

300 South Street Engagement

Studio PBA for Cottonwood Development - http://www.studiopba.com/cottonwood-broadway-apartments

Last edited by delts145; Jul 24, 2020 at 12:19 PM.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 12:22 PM

Update, Sugar House District - Park Avenue Project

Latest ABIDrone Flyover - June 30th - The 40 Park Avenue Construction : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfegzD6rDZk

Sugar House Park

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/ca...6ce0a255d4.jpg

This enthusiastically welcomed development was formerly the giant parking lot of the big-box retailer Shopko. We all love getting rid of big parking lots.
Both the 80 and 60 Park Ave. structures are now completed. The 40 Park structure is progressing rapidly as you can see in the ABIDrone flyover

https://redirectdigital.com/wp-conte...rk_ave_slc.jpg

The 40 Park Avenue Apartments

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...ng-1.jpg?ssl=1

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/mXjN.../1221591.0.jpg

Park Avenue Developments

The buildings are replacing 9 acres of underutilized land near the heart of Sugar House. There are two new east-to-west streets to the north and south of the
development that will connect Highland Drive to 1300 East. The development will also include two new north to south throughways connecting Ashton to Stringham.

Aerial of projects as seen from the I-80 and 1300 East Interchange

Rendering of the clock tower looking southwest from Stringham Avenue. Image courtesy Dixon Architects.

University of Utah Medical Extension Rehab Center

By SLCLvr

Rendering of I-80 facing view of new Office Building

Street facing view by SLCLvr

Rendering of the Park Ave. apartments and how the completed street frontage will appear

By SLCLvr - Commencment of Construction

By SLCLvr - Newly completed neighbor, The SpringHill Suites
Above Pics By SLCLvr

Last edited by delts145; Jul 24, 2020 at 12:32 PM.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 12:39 AM

Downtown Update - The Olive 120

Taylor Anderson Reports, Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/dow...-in-the-depot/ Downtown’s housing boom continues, as C.W. Urban recently began construction on its next housing project: a six-story, 120-unit for-sale condo building on Broadway, just north of Pioneer Park.

C.W. Urban recently broke ground on the building, named The Olive in the Centerville-based company’s now-familiar naming mechanism. The company continues rapidly building mid-density, multi-family buildings across Salt Lake City.

The Olive will complete the corridor of mixed-use buildings moving toward the historic Rio Grande Depot, an area that is likely to see a development boom in the coming years. The Olive will add more ground-floor retail to the northwest corner of Pioneer Park.

Construction on The Olive has already replaced the office space that once housed the digital agency Underbelly, which moved north of Pioneer Park. The D-3, Downtown warehouse zoning calls for either the adaptive reuse or replacement of warehouse space with mixed-use, multi-family spaces.

“Some notable features about the building are a podium level outdoor garden area, rooftop urban lounge, ground floor commercial, high-end designer finishes and a City Lyft Parking Solutions system,” said Abbie Wardle, the company’s senior marketing coordinator.

C.W. Urban is underway on 400 townhomes and podium-stye condos and apartments in neighborhoods across the region.

The Olive will be the company’s first for-sale project Downtown, with studios through penthouse

Quote:

So, I'm guessing it is this building that will be replaced? Project looks good and I bet the views of the park from the top floor will be amazing. Really excited about this, especially because that area has really been progressing lately.

https://i.imgur.com/rpsxqOX.jpg

April 26th

Excavation work proceeds on The Olive 120 condos at 400 S and 400 W just north of Pioneer Park.

Photo By StayingInformed

June 29th - Photos by Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...tinues-to-pop/

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...fit=1700%2C763

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...fit=1700%2C763

Last edited by delts145; Aug 3, 2020 at 11:45 AM.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Downtown Update - 4th S. & Rio Grande

Does anyone know the status of this one?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 8:29 PM

^^^
Hey Orlando, I asked UTPlanner about that since he has excellent inside access to the progress or lack thereof on the many projects. Here was his response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
delts, I don't know what happened with that project. They were very enthusiastic about the project and seemed ready to go but we haven't heard a peep in months...

Last edited by delts145; Jul 14, 2020 at 8:40 PM.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 8:40 PM

Downtown South, Central 9th District - The Maven West

BuildingSaltLake.com... At 945 S. 300 W., Tim Watcke and Tessa Arneson of Maven development are constructing Maven West, “sister” to the Maven District, located on the 100 E. block of 900 S. The first floor will have 4100 sf for 2 restaurant/coffeehouse spaces, while the second level is 12000 sf and has 37 creative office and beauty/wellness spaces with a shared conference room, break room, patios and a common coworking area which is available for residents’ use. The 3rd and 4th levels will house 30 market rate apartments, all 1-bdrm at 500-600 sf, each with its own balcony. The project will be parked with 29 stalls, 17 which are in the rear garage at ground level.

Rendering of Maven West, from 300 W. Image courtesy Tim Watcke.

April 15th

Maven West is rising from its foundation at 945 South 300 West, a 30-unit mixed-use project by Watcke
Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

Maven West, from under the construction fence. Photo by Luke Garrott.
Photo By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

April 26th

Photo By StayingInformed

June 29th - Photo by Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...carousel-21776

Last edited by delts145; Aug 5, 2020 at 5:59 PM.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 3:11 PM

Downtown Adj. - Update - New Salt Lake City Int. Airport

Quote:
The first of seven massive projects by artist Gordon Huether at Salt Lake International is complete

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-...al-is-complete

The Falls' at Salt Lake International designed by artist Gordon Huether

SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City International Airport has announced the completion of the first of seven art installations by national public artist, Gordon Huether.

The airport is undergoing a $4.1 billion Airport Redevelopment Program designed to address the airport’s operational needs, seismic requirements and security standards while creating one of the world’s most modern and distinctive airports.

The visual aesthetic of the new main terminal will play a prominent role in the final outcome of the airport’s new design.

The first of Huether’s seven structurally significant installations, “The Falls” has recently completed installation.

Comprised of roughly 300 dichroic glass panels, and 220 hand drawn glass and Pyrex rods, this 65-foot-tall suspended sculpture cascades down the escalator well at the entrance to the new main terminal and makes use of the natural light this location receives from the terminal’s glass facade to create an astonishing array of ever-changing colors and patterns on adjacent surfaces. The installation is inspired by Utah’s natural beauty and is meant to resemble the waterfalls dispersed among the state’s canyon landscape.

The entire suspended sculpture weighs a staggering 5,000 pounds and is attached to the terminal ceiling with spring boots to help retain tension on the cables during the winter months when the roof bends under the weight of up to four feet of snow.

'The Falls' at Salt Lake International designed by artist Gordon Huether

Gordon Huether's multiple renderings of the colored lighting

https://gordonhuether.com/wp-content...yon-Colors.jpg

Huether’s largest art feature at The New SLC airport, titled “The Canyon”, is nearing completion as well. This art installation features over 500 individual tensile membrane fins attached to the walls of the new main terminal, of which roughly 50% have been placed. The Northwest wall is complete, with the Southern and Northeastern walls remaining.

The Canyon

'The Canyon' at Salt Lake International designed by artist Gordon Huether

The first of four architecturally integrated Column Plates, located in a gathering area for both arriving and departing passengers in The New SLC terminal, has been installed.

At 18 feet high and 17 feet at their widest point, these massive structures help to create a visual distinction for the various activities taking place in the open space. Echoing the sculptural theme of The Canyon walls, the columns provide visual interest and will function as seating as well as sculptural elements.

'Column Plates' at Salt Lake International designed by artist Gordon Huether

Last edited by delts145; Jul 15, 2020 at 4:01 PM.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 9:32 PM

Downtown Update - Construction Begins On The Patrinely Project

Tony Semarad for the Salt Lake Tribune - https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/07/...on-starts-new/ - Developers broke ground Tuesday on a 10-story office and retail project in downtown Salt Lake City, called 650 Main. The glass-clad tower at the southwest corner of Main Street and 600 South will add 332,100 square feet of high-end offices — with large floor plans, 10-foot-high ceilings and copious views — to Utah’s downtown business core, with its first phases set to be completed in early 2022. The project’s backers have a second round of construction in mind, with an office building of similar size envisioned on adjacent land at 645 W. Temple. The Utah Transit Authority announced in April it will add a new TRAX station nearby, paid for by Salt Lake City, its redevelopment agency and the developers. The new tower has been designed by HOK, a worldwide firm headquartered in St. Louis, and its builders will reportedly aim for what’s known as LEED Gold, a high standard of energy efficiency. In addition to a spacious lobby with seating areas and about 4,600 square feet of space for retail outlets, the new tower will offer tenants an indoor fitness center with locker rooms, bike storage, a private courtyard, conference facilities and both indoor and outdoor restaurant dining. The tower is one of a half-dozen new high-rise projects proposed or under construction in Utah’s downtown core. Work on 650 Main, which has been under discussion for several years, is getting underway in spite of the pandemic after its primary backers — Houston-based developer Patrinely Group and USAA Real Estate, with home offices in San Antonio — announced in March they’d landed a major tenant for the new building.

(Rendering courtesy of Patrinely Group) Developers broke ground Tuesday on Phase I of 650 Main, a 10-story office and retail development located at the corner of Main Street and 600 South in downtown Salt Lake City.

June 9, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
The Patrinely Group should have a permit in the next two weeks for Phase 1 of their 650 Main project. They already have significant tenants ready to occupy the space as well.
March 11, 2020 - Enerbank Inks First Deal With 650 South Main

EnerBank USA is the first tenant to sign for space at 650 Main, a planned 10-story, 326,000-square-foot, Class A office building in downtown Salt Lake City. The bank will occupy 88,900 square feet on the top three floors, starting in early 2022.

Patrinely Group’s Dennis Tarro, along with Aaron Jones, Todd McLachlan and Roman Bernardoof with NKF represented the landlord, a partnership between Patrinely Group and USAA Real Estate. “This location will provide employees more convenient access to public transportation, while offering them excellent amenities and a productive working environment to give our customers the best service possible,” said EnerBank’s Charlie Knadler.

Construction on 650 Main will begin in spring. The property will be designed for LEED Gold certification, with floor plate sizes ranging from 40,000 square feet on the lower floors, to 29,500 square feet on the upper floors. HOK is the designer.

650 South Main

For companies focused on being truly competitive in today’s economy, workspaces have evolved to meet the demands of how the best and brightest collaborate in the workplace. 650 Main, a 10-story, 320,000-square-foot class A office building, is designed to meet these needs, providing dynamic workspaces that can benefit employee recruitment, foster innovation, and support healthy lifestyles. Building features start with oversized light-filled floorplates, tall ceiling heights, comprehensive onsite amenities, and outdoor tenant spaces. But they go on to include uniquely convenient accessibility, ample parking, onsite restaurants, and a location steps away from TRAX Salt Lake City’s light rail system. All this in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, a city consistently recognized as one of the best in the nation for healthy lifestyles and quality of life. The result is a modern workplace that is connected to it all. 650 Main – a modern office building designed for how the next generation will work.

650 Main offers a desirable downtown location, with numerous hotels, dining, and entertainment spots nearby. Accessibility need not be sacrificed, with a three-minute drive to/from Interstate 80, a 10-minute drive to the airport, and direct accessibility to the TRAX light rail system right outside the front door. Whether it is the morning commute, a business lunch, or an evening workout, 650 Main’s location provides a world of convenient options for employees and visitors.

Rendering of the Patrinely Group Office Project looking from 600 South and Main Street. Image courtesy Salt Lake City planning documents.

Last edited by delts145; Aug 2, 2020 at 10:26 AM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 12:22 PM

Downtown South, Central 9th District - The TAG Fayette

THIS PROJECT - 59 Unit Apartment Project In Central 9th Neighborhood in SLC.

DETAILS

Micro Unit Project
Lot Size: 0.18 Acres
Studio and 1 Bedroom Units
Rooftop Decks
Developed by TAG SLC: 2019

Just around the corner from Maven 2 on Fayette Ave.

Photo By StayingInformed

June 29th

Photo By Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...carousel-21779

Last edited by delts145; Aug 26, 2020 at 1:15 PM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 11:04 PM

Update Downtown Adj. South - Central Ninth District - TAG 945 & TAG 950

Copy By Isaac Riddle @ BuildingSaltLake.com

Like the neighborhood that surrounds it, Central Ninth, the 900 South block of Washington Street is experiencing a construction boom that is changing the neighborhood into a missing middle and mid-density corridor just south of downtown Salt Lake...

Developers, TAG SLC*, are building two four-story apartment buildings on Washington Street. The buildings, TAG 950 and TAG 945, will occupy opposite sides of the street. Both buildings replace single family homes on small lots, 0.18 acres and 0.14 acres respectively.

...Both buildings will be consist of three floors of residential living space above a ground-floor parking structure. The TAG 945 building will consist of 12 residential units. Each unit will be around 800 square feet with six one-bed/one-bath units and six two-bed/one-bath units.

TAG 950 is larger with 18 units that will be a mix of 0ne to three bedroom units. TAG 950 replaced a boarded-up home.

Rendering of TAG 945. Image courtesy TAG SLC.

Rendering of TAG 950. Image courtesy TAG SLC.

June 29th

Approaching completion in the background is TAG 945. Under construction in the foreground is TAG 950
Photo by Luke Garrott @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/in-...tinues-to-pop/

Last edited by delts145; Aug 26, 2020 at 1:20 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations