HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 7:33 PM
ARTchitecture

Economy of Alberta

So I just read a news article from the Herald, the first half was good news, Alberta leading the national economy for the next two years... and then it goes kinda negative, saying oil sands investment is going to flatten out, population and economic growth will slow, etc and so on. Here is the article, I wanted to know what you guys think about it, being more experienced in the workings of Alberta than I am.

Alberta to lead Canadian economic growth for next two years

Full story: http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...867/story.html

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
So I just read a news article from the Herald, the first half was good news, Alberta leading the national economy for the next two years... and then it goes kinda negative, saying oil sands investment is going to flatten out, population and economic growth will slow, etc and so on. Here is the article, I wanted to know what you guys think about it, being more experienced in the workings of Alberta than I am.

Alberta to lead Canadian economic growth for next two years

Full story: http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...867/story.html
This is based on oil prices being pretty much flat, but if China slows down more than people are predicting it will, that may have a pretty significant impact on oil prices, and Alberta's growth.

That being said, I think that forecast for the next couple years does look quite reasonable.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2014, 9:15 PM

tim hortons opens in high level friday, the town is abuzzing about it

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia