HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
I have 18 Under Construction for Miami so I don't know where the the numbers are off. Perhaps 2 of them completed construction already?
CTBUH is notoriously wrong/slow to update their system. They forgot to include Cipriani Residences and Casa Bella which would make it 18.

Here is what my list would be:

1) Waldorf Astoria
2) Cipriani Residences
3) Okan
4) Baccarat
5) Aston Martin (Final touches being made, will probably be removed next month)
6) Mercedes-Benz Places
7) 830 Brickell
8) E11even
9) E11even beyond
10) Legacy
11) Miami River
12) Aria North
13) Aria South
14) Casa Bella
15) Una Residences
16) Natiivo
17) Miami World Tower 1
18) 2600 Biscayne

JEM, Lofty, and HUB all have crews on site from what I saw, but they're slow moving and haven't begun real foundation work since their groundbreakings. I think LOFTY has dewatering and foundation drilling?? But I doubt CTBUH really cares unless they see photos of physical piles going into the ground.

The HUB is special because they're taking the old shell of the stalled project on site and preparing it for construction. But when all is said and done with the projects beginning foundation work, I'd say Miami will have 20 U/C excluding Aston Martin because that's practically done.

Old Posted May 8, 2024, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
And to think all that development in Midtown Atlanta is on top of a MARTA subway line.

Atlanta really is quite an urban city for being in the sunbelt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
Thanks for posting the photos!
Below is an Atlanta Business Chronicle map showing the changes to midtown Atlanta in the 5 years from 2018 until the end of 2023.
$8.4 billion in development, 5.5 million SF in office space and 7,500 residential units.
Blue: delivered between 2018 and 2023
Green: under construction in December 2023
Orange: proposed as of December 2023

The photo (see top: Ponce City Market, Sweet Auburn, Cabbagetown, edges of Grant Park) partly illustrate why I like/endorse/advocate for rail on Beltline. Rail is the basis of the original Beltline concept.

Rail on the Beltline adds transportation options and greater rail connectivity for city neighborhoods. The Beltline is already super popular and intown development has sprouted where the paved construction has been completed (Old 4th Ward, Krog). But with rail transit, it would also enhance cross- quadrant travel with more options: ex. Lakewood/Summerhill in SE to Ansley/Lenox in NE or West Midtown/Bankhead in NW to VirginiaHighland/Little5Points in NE, etc.
And with connection to MARTA heavy rail - rail connection is more feasible beyond the city quadrants (ex. Va/Hi to Sandy Springs or to Airport, West Midtown/Howell Mill to Airport or to Stone Mountain or to Chamblee).

I also just like the greater focus on MARTA transit in the city of Atlanta (4 new MARTA stations on existing lines) versus so much energy on trying to expand to further out suburbs. Cobb and Gwinnett have their own bus systems anyway with MARTA fare integration.

Old Posted May 9, 2024, 11:03 PM

Baltimore

Only highlighted buildings over +250' in the immediate vicinity of downtown from '00-2030.

Blue: Completed - 10
Green: U/C - 1
Orange: Proposed/Approved - 11

City humbly infills (all the dirt patches) rather than builds "up".

Last edited by Notonfoodstamps; May 9, 2024 at 11:49 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:47 AM

Baltimore is about to be infrastructure investment central between the rail and bridge upgrades!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions