HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 6:56 PM

They are doing site work at the Aura site on Town Lake. They also have a sign up at the location for leasing. I know it just went through DRC approval, but is it possible that they can do site work without constructing the building? Okland looks to be working on the site and the site is completely fenced off (with logos of Okland) on the site of Aura.

Last edited by Spitfiredude; Jan 13, 2017 at 7:46 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 7:26 PM

Developer plans high-rise apartments near ASU

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
F**king great. Another POS high rise developed by Core. They built the biggest POS high rise in downtown Tempe and now they want to build another in what is probably one of the top 5 intersections in all of downtown. Shit

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post
F**king great. Another POS high rise developed by Core. They built the biggest POS high rise in downtown Tempe and now they want to build another in what is probably one of the top 5 intersections in all of downtown. Shit
http://azbigmedia.com/azre-magazine/...ise-apartments

According to this, the Mill corner is still open so we will have 2 high-rises and hopefully the Mill corner will be something good.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post
Interesting that they would shell out that much money. The previous proposal got shot down by City Council, in part because it was geared as student-oriented housing and ASU formally protested it. I wonder what they'll have to do to get ASU/City Council on their side. On the plus side, at least the parcels are finally back under common ownership.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 8:51 PM

Also notable that Wexford, which was the owner of one of the 7th St./Mill parcels, appears to have used the proceeds of the sale of that parcel to purchase the First Congregational Church of Tempe parcel at 101 E. 6th St.

http://wexforddevelopments.com/locat...st-6th-street/

https://recorder.maricopa.gov/UnOffi...0160922597.pdf

It will be interesting to see what's proposed there. The church isn't exactly historic, but I can see some people being mad about it being knocked down. I wasn't that into Wexford's proposal on 7th/Mill, but I would love for them to pack something tall into that space.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 7:23 PM

What's going on with the Northeast corner of the Vela Apartments lot? I saw today when I was on the 202 that they're doing some sort of prep work.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 5:24 AM

[QUOTE=nickw252;7679856]What's going on with the Northeast corner of the Vela Apartments lot? I saw today when I was on the 202 that they're doing some sort of prep work.[/Q

Just look at the top of the page.....

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 5:28 AM

Looks to be site work where Aura Watermark will be near the Vela apartments.

Also, Jefferson Lake or whatever its name is is a giant pit right now.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 4:18 PM
BANNED

Purchased land near Mill Ave. planned for high-rise apartments

http://azbigmedia.com/azre-magazine/...ise-apartments

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 4:36 PM
BANNED

Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash music publisher’s estates look to sell prominent Phoenix land​

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...848&j=77069731

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 5:48 PM

For those that were wondering about the Roosevelt Dam water feature at the Grand, it sounds like you were both right:

http://azbex.com/the-grand-at-papago...-around-water/

Quote:
$5M Water Feature to Center the Development

A prominent water feature will be constructed in the heart of the campus. Paying homage to Roosevelt Dam and measuring about the size of a football field, the feature will be a focal point of the project. Valued at approximately $5M, the water feature will sit nine feet below grade, providing a space for community events such as outdoor concerts and the like. Tied into the trail system of nearby Tempe Town Lake, the feature could easily tie into events and races that occur there.

This future opportunity is outside the scope of the development agreement with Lincoln Property Company. Papago Park Inc. is working with JE Dunn as the contractor for the water feature. Currently, the design is in the design development phase. WET Design, based out of Sun Valley, Calif., is tasked with its design.

Per the development agreement, the water feature will coincide opening with the first mid-rise office building abutting the freeway.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 3:37 AM

I was driving on Rural today and saw a zoning notice for the NWC of Rural and University. It's by Catellus who is the master developer for the ASU Athletics District. Since they don't need Tempe's approval I assume it will probably be one of those "good neighbor" presentations. I couldn't read the final totals but I believe they were going to be developing 1-3 midrise office blocks with retail and a garage. If anyone could get a pic of it that would be great!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 6:29 AM

Frat

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
I was driving on Rural today and saw a zoning notice for the NWC of Rural and University. It's by Catellus who is the master developer for the ASU Athletics District. Since they don't need Tempe's approval I assume it will probably be one of those "good neighbor" presentations. I couldn't read the final totals but I believe they were going to be developing 1-3 midrise office blocks with retail and a garage. If anyone could get a pic of it that would be great!
Isn't that where the University is building new frat houses?

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
They have a bunch of them around the atheletics district. This is the one I saw off McClintock:

Is that the same as the one you saw, or was yours different?

Here is the presentation they're giving to Tempe. http://documents.tempe.gov/sirepub/m...doctype=AGENDA. It has some good slides showing what the long term plan is.

Last edited by muertecaza; Jan 30, 2017 at 7:58 PM.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
They have a bunch of them around the atheletics district. This is the one I saw off McClintock:

Is that the same as the one you saw, or was yours different?

Here is the presentation they're giving to Tempe. http://documents.tempe.gov/sirepub/m...doctype=AGENDA. It has some good slides showing what the long term plan is.
Wow. This is beautifully planned. Let's hope the execution and high standards laid out are held. I am not sure I'll see this complete in my lifetime, but I do like the smaller individual phases. Can't wait to see the first one break ground.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
Isn't that where the University is building new frat houses?
I believe the University is planning to build housing for the Greek system on the SEC of Rural and Terrace where the Cholla dorms used to be. There is a post in this thread somewhere that has renderings of what is proposed.

Edit: Here's a link: http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...velopment.html

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 11:24 AM

What is also interesting to me is that almost nothing in the Athletic District is athletic related, other than existing facilities.

I realize these are more guidelines than anything and the blocks aren't going to be built as designed, but I am surprised there is no mention of recruiting athletic-related business, museums, etc. There are also no athletic amenities mentioned such a gyms, pools, sand volleyball on the beach, etc.

Finally, and most surprising there is nothing showing where a new Coyotes and ASU basketball facility might be build. Granted both are speculative at this point.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
What is also interesting to me is that almost nothing in the Athletic District is athletic related, other than existing facilities.

I realize these are more guidelines than anything and the blocks aren't going to be built as designed, but I am surprised there is no mention of recruiting athletic-related business, museums, etc. There are also no athletic amenities mentioned such a gyms, pools, sand volleyball on the beach, etc.

Finally, and most surprising there is nothing showing where a new Coyotes and ASU basketball facility might be build. Granted both are speculative at this point.
I would imagine Intercollegiate Tennis Association new HQ would be part of it. Far as for sand volleyball on the beach, doesn't Athletics have a lease with PERA Club?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post

With the recently announced ASU 2020 Fundraising Campaign, it mentions creation of a new Olympic Village in the heart of the Athletics District.

As far as ASU Basketball is concerned, my money is still on that WFA gets renovated or gets demo'ed and new arena built in its place. Its a prime location and having it located next to reinvented SDS is great.

Edit: Link to AZ Central article: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...aign/97090648/

"An Olympic Village on the east side of Rural Road with facilities for tennis, softball, track and field, soccer, lacrosse, wrestling, gymnastics and volleyball."

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Jan 30, 2017 at 9:19 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest