HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
10-Story Apartment Towers near Fashion Square.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...dale/95370046/

I'm not a Scottsdale hater, but the name "Peacock Scottsdale" does not seem very self aware.

Along with this across the Canal they have begun work for that large hotel/condo project on the north side of camelback. Between this, the Fashion square expansion (which has been approved) and DECO there isn't a lot of empty space left in that area of Scottsdale.

I have another question though. WHY ISNT DECO BUILDING DOWNTOWN!!!

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 8:53 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Along with this across the Canal they have begun work for that large hotel/condo project on the north side of camelback. Between this, the Fashion square expansion (which has been approved) and DECO there isn't a lot of empty space left in that area of Scottsdale.

I have another question though. WHY ISNT DECO BUILDING DOWNTOWN!!!

Well, they did bid on the Fillmore development and was not selected over Trammell Crow...TWICE. I thought Deco had the much better proposal.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2016, 6:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky51 View Post
Pics of the new Envy Residences in Old Town taken 12/11/16. Project looks awesome. I love seeing concrete/ steel framed residences built in the Valley.

View facing east:

]
big let down on the pool.... its on the 2nd or 3rd floor? very small.

why didnt they do a rooftop pool!!!

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 5:25 PM

I have saw a number of smaller projects around Scottsdale has started moving dirt.

Ill try to grab some pictures to post later. The hotel/condos next to the canal/across from the W is moving dirt, a few tear-down Arcadia homes west of the mall are underway.

The new Ritz is under construction and some stuff up near the loop 101 and Scottsdale is underway

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 7:22 PM

Quote:
I have saw a number of smaller projects around Scottsdale has started moving dirt.

Ill try to grab some pictures to post later. The hotel/condos next to the canal/across from the W is moving dirt, a few tear-down Arcadia homes west of the mall are underway.

The new Ritz is under construction and some stuff up near the loop 101 and Scottsdale is underway
It's easy to complain, but it seems like it takes an eternity for any development near Old Town to get underway. It's ridiculous that they don't have a core similar in height/office space to the Biltmore. Hoping this gets started soon, but obviously not holding my breathe:

http://azbex.com/204ksf-mixed-use-pl...or-scottsdale/

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 7:10 PM

Some updates,

Work at the lot across from the W is continuing. The Circle K at Miller and Camelback has begun to build gas pumps at the corner, its been an empty lot and an eyesore for YEARS. Pumps are actually an improvement.

This article is up, a big piece of land that Fronts McCormick golf Club is moving ahead with a dead plan from some years ago.

http://azbex.com/plans-resurrected-f...rtesia-condos/

good infill.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 8:20 PM

Phoenix rising football club officially submits expansion application to major league

Hopefully the Phoenix market gets chosen for new MLS expansion team. And directly south maybe the new ASU/Coyotes arena.

http://www.phxrisingfc.com/news_arti...-league-soccer

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
Hopefully the Phoenix market gets chosen for new MLS expansion team. And directly south maybe the new ASU/Coyotes arena.

http://www.phxrisingfc.com/news_arti...-league-soccer

That rendering.... It looks good but where is that supposed to be? I cant wrap my head around it.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 9:02 PM

Quote:
That rendering.... It looks good but where is that supposed to be? I cant wrap my head around it.
SEC of McKellips and McClintock (SRPM tribal land). The rendering is facing south and across the 202 is TMP.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 9:17 PM

Quote:
After some staring: I believe the view is facing south. The freeway in the background is the 202, and the interchange in the top left corner is the 202/101. Tempe Marketplace is in the far background on the other side of the freeway. Off camera to the right of the picture would be McClintock. All of the buildings and roads are all mocked up because the whole area is currently a field.

I would be ecstatic if Phoenix were picked for expansion, but I'm not holding my breath. A lot of big money bids are coming in from other cities, and some like, Cincinnati, already draw big crowds for their USL team. I'd bet we don't get it this round. But we have the demographics our side, so if the team can get established, I could see us getting the next round.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:44 PM

Multiple Projects in Works for OdySea

More projects lined up near OdySea including boutique hotel, bird aviary, and dinosaur park. Nice cluster of amusements parks going around in this area.

http://azbex.com/multiple-projects-in-works-for-odysea/

Old Posted Feb 15, 2017, 6:21 PM

Anyone driving on the 202 past Mclintock notice on the northside, where the drive-ins used to be, they're clearing out the land. Saw a bunch of trucks there yesterday clearing the brush.

Is this the stadium development??

Old Posted Feb 15, 2017, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Anyone driving on the 202 past Mclintock notice on the northside, where the drive-ins used to be, they're clearing out the land. Saw a bunch of trucks there yesterday clearing the brush.

Is this the stadium development??
I noticed this as well...and yeah that's the new PHX Rising stadium. Nice to see moving that along.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 12:01 AM

Suns/Coyotes

I wouldn't mind seeing a Coyotes/Suns arena up in the Talking Stick area, or even Dbacks. I know there were some private investors talking about land just south of that shopping center along Indian Bend. Is that dead?

Also, if this happened could we see light rail go north on the 101 from Apache and/or TMP?

Scottsdale doesn't want LR, but that doesn't mean that Salt River wont have open arms for it...just a thought. Opinions?

Also, what ever happened to the giant Ferris wheel that was suppose to go up along with Odysea?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfiredude View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing a Coyotes/Suns arena up in the Talking Stick area, or even Dbacks. I know there were some private investors talking about land just south of that shopping center along Indian Bend. Is that dead?

Also, if this happened could we see light rail go north on the 101 from Apache and/or TMP?

Scottsdale doesn't want LR, but that doesn't mean that Salt River wont have open arms for it...just a thought. Opinions?

Also, what ever happened to the giant Ferris wheel that was suppose to go up along with Odysea?
I'd like to see Salt River (east of the 101) get the "Six Flags" they're talking about for Casa Grande - there is still plenty of land to accommodate one.

I think the Coyotes will end up near Talking Stick, all of their fans are in Scottsdale and the Glendale loyals can easily take the 101 there.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
I'd like to see Salt River (east of the 101) get the "Six Flags" they're talking about for Casa Grande - there is still plenty of land to accommodate one.

I think the Coyotes will end up near Talking Stick, all of their fans are in Scottsdale and the Glendale loyals can easily take the 101 there.
Always thought that entire plot NW corner of the 101 and 202 interchange where PHX rising is going would be a great spot for a six-flags + water park.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
I noticed this as well...and yeah that's the new PHX Rising stadium. Nice to see moving that along.
So apparently, the first match is being held there this Saturday. Is it a temporary facility?

http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-b...team-to-valley

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwwolfe View Post
So apparently, the first match is being held there this Saturday. Is it a temporary facility?

More or less. They've described it as a "pop-up stadium." Pictures look pretty neat though.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwwolfe View Post

Yeah I read that it will be "temporary" until they are officially selected as an expansion team sometime in the next couple of years.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 9:22 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest