HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Ottawa Photos

Old Posted Sep 16, 2022, 5:20 AM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

Do You Know This Building Challenge?

Welp... I thought I might try to create a fun game of sorts and if it goes nowhere I take zero offense. Tempted to load my pay pal with some cash for prizes but lets trial run this.

I have an idea. We take a cropped/tight photo of a building. Let's be honest it should have the caveat of something that somebody should know. AKA.. if you know it it should spring to mind even if your snapping your fingers and resorting to Google Maps to confirm your suspicion.

I will drop a hint for each one for funzies.

Has a 30 something foot roll up door.

You would only live here with pals while schoolin

[Location] If you ate an apple you would be left with the ...

Old Posted Sep 16, 2022, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboycurtis View Post
Welp... I thought I might try to create a fun game of sorts and if it goes nowhere I take zero offense. Tempted to load my pay pal with some cash for prizes but lets trial run this.

I have an idea. We take a cropped/tight photo of a building. Let's be honest it should have the caveat of something that somebody should know. AKA.. if you know it it should spring to mind even if your snapping your fingers and resorting to Google Maps to confirm your suspicion.

I will drop a hint for each one for funzies.

Has a 30 something foot roll up door.

You would only live here with pals while schoolin.

[Location] If you ate an apple you would be left with the ...
#1 - 351 King Edward - after scouring Google maps I can say this street has a few more interesting buildings than I've noticed before.

#2 - 503/505 Rue Cumberland St - I'm not sure I've ever noticed this building in person while in the area - but your hint - and the reflection of the old stone building in the window was enough to assume it must be near the U of O.

#3 - 150 Metcalfe - I assume your hint is because the building is in the downtown core... on a corner...

I'm glad you didn't start out with the top 3 most interesting RLA designed towers...

Old Posted Sep 16, 2022, 1:12 PM

I knew # 1 and #3. I assumed #2 was one of the Lees towers. When I was in College, quite a few of my friends lived at Lees. Taking the train today, seems a lot of people get on at Lees and off at uOttawa (and vis-versa).

Old Posted Sep 18, 2022, 7:47 AM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecyo View Post
#1 - 351 King Edward - after scouring Google maps I can say this street has a few more interesting buildings than I've noticed before.

#2 - 503/505 Rue Cumberland St - I'm not sure I've ever noticed this building in person while in the area - but your hint - and the reflection of the old stone building in the window was enough to assume it must be near the U of O.

#3 - 150 Metcalfe - I assume your hint is because the building is in the downtown core... on a corner...

I'm glad you didn't start out with the top 3 most interesting RLA designed towers...
Well done sir! haha.,. jeez.. I wasn't sure how to hint the 3rd one so I just figured downtown core.

I thought the second pic was one of the more interesting spots I have ever come across in my time. Such a strange building.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2022, 11:22 AM

Just looked-up the Cumberland building (#2). I've never noticed it before. Looking at the pic, I was sure it was a high-rise, if not Lees, somewhere else.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2022, 6:53 PM
Mooderator

Guess where this was taken, ponyboycurtis:

[

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Ottawa Photos