HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 9, 2024, 3:56 PM

Bon ton too!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 6:38 PM

The Works is getting a cabaret

https://www.atlantamagazine.com/dini...ing-a-cabaret/
Quote:
Cabaret, lounge, restaurant. Damsel—the newest creation from restaurateur Dave Green (the Select in Sandy Springs)—promises to be unlike anything in Atlanta. At 10,000 square feet, this dual-level spot on the Westside will feature three distinct areas: a dining room with a stage for live entertainment (think cabaret), a private space for exclusive dining, and a rooftop lounge with display cooking. Bars abound, and late at night, the space will play host to dancing, a la Studio 54.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2024, 5:43 PM

That would be cute if they get Countess Luann to perform there

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 6:11 PM

Spiller Park coffee now open on hotel row in downtown

Image source: Matthew Todd

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:21 AM

QuikTrip to close Midtown store citing crime, less foot traffic

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ing-crime.html

Quote:
The 24-hour store at Peachtree and 6th streets will close May 3, according to a statement to Atlanta Business Chronicle. QuikTrip will offer workers jobs at other locations.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:04 PM

There's a constant flow of people going in and out of that store and I've never heard of any crime there. Not sure what they're on about. I guess it was probably just bad business decision to lease such an expensive spot only to sell food, but they're not going to say that out loud, so they went with the standard "COVID + crime" excuse

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
There's a constant flow of people going in and out of that store and I've never heard of any crime there. Not sure what they're on about. I guess it was probably just bad business decision to lease such an expensive spot only to sell food, but they're not going to say that out loud, so they went with the standard "COVID + crime" excuse
I live in Viewpoint and can observe what is happening at QT from my unit. There has been crime there (I have done some research), including assaults and shoplifting. There has been lots of discussion about this with Viewpoint residents and with various community organizations. I have shopped there over the past 8 years, but since COVID, I have been concerned about the increased number of loiterers and homeless folks hanging around.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:28 PM
i ain't no bubba

I've heard nothing but very positive comments about this closing from other neighbors. Although QT was handy to have nearby for a quick Modelo run, it was always dodgy being in and around that store.

Old Posted Today, 12:31 AM

I went to that QT about two months back for a quick bite to eat around 5:00 in the afternoon. When i went it there, I thought the place had just been ransacked or something. Bags of chips and literal trash on the floor, 50% of the shelves empty and disheveled, and yellow tape over literally every single soda dispenser. It seriously looked like a scene from the walking dead.

I was really excited about this QT opening years ago when it was announced, because Atlanta needs more convenience type stores, but honestly, this city treats itself like trash. That's why i think there is so much gatekeeping by companies and neighborhoods.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta