HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 10:21 PM

Great work Shasta. Thx for putting it all together for us.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Casa di Moderna - I really like this design. Any word on the progress? Where is it supposed to be? I'd like to see this in person once it's finished. Very interesting design. It almost has a Frank Lloyd Wright quality to it.
This is proposed for the far Northwest corner of Midtown just South of the Pierce Elevated. It will be neighbors with Post Midtown Square, The Rise, The Edge, Baldwin Terraces, and Camden's City Centre project. This is quickly becoming a nifty little area around West Gray/Brazos/Baldwin/St Joseph Pkwy.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 12:28 AM

Uptown projects;

Cosmopolitan (315 feet, 24 floors, under construction)

Turnberry Galleria (proposed, site cleared, 34 floors)

Highland Tower (15 floors, sales center now open)

The River Oaks District- (proposal)

Site will contain a 36 story apartment tower, a 26 story hotel + condo tower (possibly the W?), a 12 story Le Meridien Hotel, and a 10 story office tower)

BLVD Place - phase I under construction (70,000 sq foot retail center), rumored 55 story Hanover Dev. apartment tower and 2 hotel towers)

Tower 5 at Four Oaks Place-proposal for an 18 story office tower...would rise where the large gym is (2 story bldg infront of AON Tower in the center)...the Cosmpolitan is rising where the James Coney Island is in this photo (white bldg with red neon infront of the gym)

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 1:59 PM
Endless Moments...

Thanxs Shasta for all your work. Very much appreciated...

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 2:29 PM
H-town Baller

Very good work, indeed. It's always good to have a reminder list and this is a great one.

I don't have access to photos but if anyone else has them, how about some Energy Corridor updates as well.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2007, 11:46 PM

Here are a few more Inner Loop projects;

Le Maison on Revere (not sure on the status)

Retreat at the Heights on Yale St (proposal)

The Pointe (almost completed, located just North of downtown on I-45)

Washington at Yale Apts (under construction)

Legacy at Memorial (25 floors, HAIFers mentioned work might have started)

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 2:26 AM

I don't see a "Galveston Update" thread, so I'm asking this question here since I sort of view Houston & Galveston together. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask the question. Does anyone have any updated photos of the Palisade Palms development? I can't recall the last time I've seen anything on it and I'm curious to see how far it's come (god knows I walked by that structural model enclosed in the glass case at the Galleria enough times to develop an interest).

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 3:56 AM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
I don't see a "Galveston Update" thread, so I'm asking this question here since I sort of view Houston & Galveston together. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask the question. Does anyone have any updated photos of the Palisade Palms development? I can't recall the last time I've seen anything on it and I'm curious to see how far it's come (god knows I walked by that structural model enclosed in the glass case at the Galleria enough times to develop an interest).
I took this shot last Friday. Obviously they've come quite a ways with the project

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 4:01 AM
Meh

Quote:
I've got a thread of Galveston pics on the way and took some shots of them from the beach. They appeared to be fully completed. Galveston was beautiful by the way (first time visit for me). I ate it up.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 4:47 AM

A few more projects. These are mostly outside the Loop;

Endeavour Clear Lake (30 floors, almost completed) in City of Pasadena

Endeavour Parkside (34 floors, site cleared) in town of Seabrook

Endeavour Lofts and Marina (proposal for Seabrook)

24 Waterway in the Woodlands (13 floors under construction)

The Tower at Memorial Hermann (taller of the two) and the Westin Hotel and Residences at Memorial City- 35 story medical office tower and a hotel tower with condos on top- under construction in West Houston along I-10

American First National Bank (12 floors in Westchase/Chinatown area under construction)

Energy Center I (13 floors) and Energy Center II (12 floors) under construction in West Houston

Park 8 (three 26 story condo towers in new Chinatown area in West Houston) rumored to be under construction

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 4:56 AM
Meh

We drove right by Kemah and Seabrook on Saturday, but thanks to the pouring down rain didn't see it at all. Then on the way back Sunday morning it was raining again, so still didn't see any of those highrises.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 2:09 PM

Thanks for the updated photo on the Palisade Palms in Galveston! It's been over a year since I was last in Galveston, so it's good to see it's almost finished.

I'll be back in Houston for a visit in a few weeks and I'll be anxious to see how far they've come along with the Memorial Hermann tower in Memorial City. I lived just a few miles west of there, so it should be interesting to see the progress since January when I moved away.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 2:22 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Thanks for the updated photo on the Palisade Palms in Galveston! It's been over a year since I was last in Galveston, so it's good to see it's almost finished.

I'll be back in Houston for a visit in a few weeks and I'll be anxious to see how far they've come along with the Memorial Hermann tower in Memorial City. I lived just a few miles west of there, so it should be interesting to see the progress since January when I moved away.
There's a webcam on one of the nearby buildings that gives updated views of the construction.

Here's the link: http://www.metronational.com/cam_hospital.html

And here's are a couple of photos from the opposite direction that I took a few weeks ago.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 10:20 PM
Meh

Wow, that thing has really come along. I'm still trying to figure out that crown though. It's funny, because it really does look like a royal crown.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 12:23 AM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
American First National Bank (12 floors in Westchase/Chinatown area under construction)
If I'm not mistaken, this one is pretty much wrapped up. I don't think there's been a move-in or opening for the bank there, but just from eyeballing it looks done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
Park 8 (three 26 story condo towers in new Chinatown area in West Houston) rumored to be under construction
Park 8 as a whole is under construction, but the towers I'm not so certain about at the moment. The large crane on the site is located where the tower furthest to the right is in the rendering. Directly north, I'm not sure if it's that Arthur Storey Park that is expanding or something else, but there's a really deep excavation site where I saw a few trucks and some equipment at the center of just days ago.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 11:23 AM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
We drove right by Kemah and Seabrook on Saturday, but thanks to the pouring down rain didn't see it at all. Then on the way back Sunday morning it was raining again, so still didn't see any of those highrises.
I took these about two weeks ago in less than wonderful weather, but it's getting closer and closer to being totally finished.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 11:29 AM

Looks lonely.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 12:10 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Looks lonely.
If the other towers that Endeavour and a few others have pitched nearby come to fruition, it shouldn't be that way for too much longer. Especially for the fact that the Endeavour proposals are relatively close to the project that is nearly complete.

I'm interested in seeing more on the Endeavour Lofts project that was mentioned above. They already have the marina in place... Didn't think to check the land next to it on the pass by a while back.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 1:49 PM
Endless Moments...

Oh i didnt know about this. If those projects are built, then it wont look lonely at all. Hmm very good info...

Old Posted Oct 15, 2007, 4:54 PM
Endless Moments...

Its been a while since i have been down the Katy Frwy. But as i did drive thru it on firday, what did my eyes spot but this rising building called The Tower at Memorial Hermann. I was like wow, it was very hard not to stare at as i slowly creeped along in the never ending river of cars. It looks really kewl from a distance. It really stands out. Just wanted to share...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral