HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Moment & Sienna Flats in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 25, 2015, 1:11 AM

5/17

5/21

Old Posted May 26, 2015, 4:55 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Is it just me, or did you capture a ghost in that first shot?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 3:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
That's a pretty trendy looking ghost.

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 12:03 PM

Check out some of Harry's other photos, and you'll see he's very good at capturing "Ghosts"...

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 4:17 PM

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 4:20 PM
Content provider

^not the most flattering angle.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 2:59 PM

The link to the website for this project was posted in the Highrise thread, so I will put it here also:

http://momentchicago.com/

In addition, I pulled some renderings out of the info packet that can be downloaded at that website. We had not seen recent renderings on this one in a while. I like that the lowrise portion is now a different cladding style, making the mass appear as two seperate buildings. This also effectively hides the parking podium.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 4:26 PM
you know where I'll be

^ Thanks for finding, and posting. Interesting........the new design of the retail/offices component fronting Ohio is alright, but I prefer the earlier version.........this is pretty meh (and what' more, seems to play into that nauseating false narrative that you shouldn't or can't do smaller, more human-scaled structures - or components of a larger structure, for that matter - that are unabashedly modern)......I do like the ground floor in the new version better, however, as the major issue I had with the earlier version was the very irritating beige-colored cladding elements......

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
harry has good eye no doubt, and his other scenery shots will prove it. But I see what you're saying, I zoomed in and the gal looks transparent.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 10:30 PM

^^ It's an HDR photo, things in motion often get oddly clipped when the different exposures are merged.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 1:25 AM
The City

I like the new cladding.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 9:25 PM

I called gloub to ask if they removed the low rise office portion. Its now a separate residential building with different entrance, thats got a more loft style.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 11:23 PM
The City

^ Interesting, I was kind of looking forward to this being a mixed use project. I guess office leasing didn't go too well. Of course, there would be more medical office leasing if the government wasn't strangling doctors to death, but that's for another discussion.

Either way, some more residential density in a more boutiquish building is certainly welcome, especially in Streeterville which really lacks a lot of smaller scale buildings.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 5:05 PM
you know where I'll be

Very interesting. As always, true mixed-use projects are difficult to pull off for multiple reasons. (just for instance, see Golub over at Block 37.....ie convincing - I believe - CIM to scrap the obvious slam dunk market/location-wise of including a hotel component in the high-rise there).........this could be a decent little boutiquey-infill apartment building....the design's ok....not crazy about it though.....

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 1:49 PM

Saturday 7/11: (Sorry for iPhone 6 photos) They've been working on this level for a couple of weeks, at what looks like the convergence of the top of the garage, the amenity deck and the base of the actual residential portion.

You can see in the broader context of how this will fit into the southern portion of Streeterville. In the background you can see the topped out and fully glassed RIC center, which actually had a big impact in turning McClurg into a noticeable canyon at street level.

Last edited by Streeter; Jul 11, 2015 at 2:29 PM.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 4:53 PM

[QUOTE=Streeter;7091919]Saturday 7/11: (Sorry for iPhone 6 photos) They've been working on this level for a couple of weeks, at what looks like the convergence of the top of the garage, the amenity deck and the base of the actual residential portion.

[IMG][/IMG]

You can see in the broader context of how this will fit into the southern portion of Streeterville. In the background you can see the topped out and fully glassed RIC center, which actually had a big impact in turning McClurg into a noticeable canyon at street level.

[IMG][/IMG]

This is pissing me off - my images won't load. What do you guys use for hosting and embedding images? I followed the instructions on the FAQ, hosted these to Flickr, then used the image URL through the add picture button. Anything I'm missing? I don't want any technical hurdles to get in the way of my groundbreaking contributions to the forum.

Last edited by Streeter; Jul 12, 2015 at 12:39 PM.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streeter View Post
This is pissing me off - my images won't load. What do you guys use for hosting and embedding images? I followed the instructions on the FAQ, hosted these to Flickr, then used the image URL through the add picture button. Anything I'm missing? I don't want any technical hurdles to get in the way of my groundbreaking contributions to the forum.
It looks like you're using the url from "Grab Link" in Flickr's share panel, there are options next to that for "HTML Embed" and "BBCode". Try using BBCode instead, like this:

FullSizeRender by Jason Bean, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streeter View Post
I use imgur its really simple and I never have a problem

Old Posted Jul 12, 2015, 1:39 AM

Photos from my apartment tonight 7/11. Finally starting on the tower.

IMG_2286 (2) by Matt Eaton, on Flickr

IMG_2287 (2) by Matt Eaton, on Flickr

As a side note, seriously can't wait for the Target Express to open in October!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2015, 5:16 AM
BANNED

This has a nice feel to it. Wish more of these giant towers downtown maintained a more relatable scale like this...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive