HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 5:47 AM

Just been wondering in Found Photos are you all posting photos off Flickr that other people have taken and put on flickr or are they pics you have taken and put on there? i'm assuming there someone else's photos or it wouldn't be called Found Photos lol. Awsome picture of the Williams Tower waterfall

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyLine View Post
Just been wondering in Found Photos are you all posting photos off Flickr that other people have taken and put on flickr or are they pics you have taken and put on there? i'm assuming there someone else's photos or it wouldn't be called Found Photos lol. Awsome picture of the Williams Tower waterfall
In my thread, I'm posting pictures that I've found on Flickr with the exception of 1 image.

Yeah, in this forum- Found Photos, its pictures not taken by yourself, but that are found. So yes, they're someone else's photos.

But, its not limited to Flickr, its any photos not taken by you, so wether you find it in another forum, or in another site and its not taken by you, you can post it here.

It is an awesome picture, but its not the Williams Tower Waterfall, that waterfall is in Uptown, this waterwall is in the TMC.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2010, 11:33 PM

Museum of Fine Arts, Houston Area

Old Posted Apr 22, 2010, 4:18 AM

Very nice.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2010, 2:36 AM
Closed account

To me, the Hermann Park-Museum District cityscape is some of the best in the country. My Dad tells me it was already a beautiful area when he moved to Houston in 1946, and it has only gotten better.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2010, 8:34 AM
JFDinJax, founded c.1998

Well, I am quite impressed! It looks like a peaceful and visually stimulating area around every corner. Thanks for sharing!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2010, 5:50 PM
3rd Coast King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Denson View Post
To me, the Hermann Park-Museum District cityscape is some of the best in the country. My Dad tells me it was already a beautiful area when he moved to Houston in 1946, and it has only gotten better.
its a great area and a wonderful park. i always get great pictures there as do many other locals. on saturdays youd think you were in LA from all the photographers roaming around.

My Book

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Denson View Post
So True, Hermann Park is such a great gem for the city.

Houston's climate is perfect for parks like this and Memorial Park and the newer Discovery Green park downtown. Imagine how much the city will improve if we continue our trend of quality scenic parks that compliments our climate. There are talks of a large park in midtown and a promenade park in conjunction with the opening of the Dynamo Stadium. Now, if we can clean up the Buffalo Bayou and turn it into an asset we have the makings of a unique and charming city.

It appears as if Houston has matured from a boom city within the last couple of decades and appears to be entering its 'City Beautiful' phase.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 12:23 AM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos