HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 27, 2024, 1:54 PM

Yeah what the fuck is all I can say

Old Posted Apr 27, 2024, 3:33 PM
What could go wrong?

10 minutes of penalties in the 3rd period…massive implosion, likely losing Dillon for a bit, Jets having every game dictated to them. It is not looking good now.

I thought they played really well for 40 minutes…unfortunately hockey is not a 40 min sport
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 27, 2024, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I like the extra fireworks bit at the end.

I will say, could they not do better than large dump trucks to block access?
Maybe the True North group could get BFI or GFL to paint a jets logo on a container used on one of their roll off dumpster trucks and use it as a road block?

Or get one of the concrete companies to paint a logo on the drum and use a large ready mix concrete truck. Some of the Cement trucks already have PSA's painted on them

Old Posted Apr 27, 2024, 5:12 PM

lol

Yeah I’m madsad too

Old Posted Apr 27, 2024, 11:25 PM

The Jets need to take drastic measures if they are to make a series of this.

Personally, I would make a goaltending switch. If we look at Brossoit's numbers this year and last year (especially the playoffs before he was injured), Bro has proven that he can come through in high pressure situations.

Hellebuyck for the most part, has been good, but he is clearly rattled, and the Jets defense is imploding. Now they are becoming unglued after 40 minutes in all 3 games.

By playing Brossoit, we are alleviating the pressure off Hellebuyck, and players will liely rally under their backup goalie, like they did in the regular season.

We either do this or we lose in 5.

Brossoit 2023-24: 15=5=2, 2.00 GAA, 0.927%
Hellebuyck 2023-24: 37-19-4, 2.39 GAA, 0.921%

Old Posted Apr 28, 2024, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post

Personally, I would make a goaltending switch. If we look at Brossoit's numbers this year and last year (especially the playoffs before he was injured), Bro has proven that he can come through in high pressure situations.

Hellebuyck for the most part, has been good, but he is clearly rattled, and the Jets defense is imploding. Now they are becoming unglued after 40 minutes in all 3 games.

By playing Brossoit, we are alleviating the pressure off Hellebuyck, and players will liely rally under their backup goalie, like they did in the regular season.

I agree. Hellebuyck had a pretty Vezina level first two periods which shows he can play, but the unravelling in the third period cant be easy on anyones mental health. I hope to see Broissoit for game 4 as well.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2024, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post

The team is a joke. Totally unglued at all corners. Like coach said they are all self inflicted wounds. I understand they are excited to play golf wednesday and all.

But we have sucked in the playoffs since the oilers sweep. We have won 2 games simce then. Thats not a playoff team. Thats a regular season team like the Leafs. And now we are the Winnipeg Leafs of the west.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 12:35 AM
Community Guy

It's rather remarkable how they have changed their game, but that said, the Avs are a complete team.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 12:36 AM

I almost had my Nostradamous moment today.

I predicted 5-1, with Makar scoring the winning goal.

I got the score right, but Makar assisted on the second goal. He scored to make it 3-1, so I came very close. Next game will be 6-3 Avalanche if Hellebuyck starts. Starting Brossoit will be the only way the Jets have any chance on Tuesday.

Last edited by BlackDog204; Apr 29, 2024 at 12:51 AM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
The team is a joke. Totally unglued at all corners. Like coach said they are all self inflicted wounds. I understand they are excited to play golf wednesday and all.

But we have sucked in the playoffs since the oilers sweep. We have won 2 games simce then. Thats not a playoff team. Thats a regular season team like the Leafs. And now we are the Winnipeg Leafs of the west.
Well Montreal upset Toronto, Winnipeg, and Vegas to make it to the final.

In 2022-23, we were #8 seed so we were not expected to win.

This year, it should have been close, but the Jets defense folded like a cheap tent. Whoever the defensive coach is should be fired. If Bowness retires, we can't have Arniel coach. he is horrible.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
Maybe the True North group could get BFI or GFL to paint a jets logo on a container used on one of their roll off dumpster trucks and use it as a road block?

Or get one of the concrete companies to paint a logo on the drum and use a large ready mix concrete truck. Some of the Cement trucks already have PSA's painted on them
I like the dumpster idea….and then we can have it lit on fire to represent what these last few games have been like.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 3:31 PM

Yes Colorado is good, obviously. But the Jets are playing like shit.

Hellebuyck has kept them "in" the series as much as any goalie could. Hard to stop the PP. They are elite.
Game 1: 46 shots
Game 2: 32 shots
Game 3: 40 shots
Game 4: 35 shots

Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Yes Colorado is good, obviously. But the Jets are playing like shit.

Hellebuyck has kept them "in" the series as much as any goalie could. Hard to stop the PP. They are elite.
Game 1: 46 shots
Game 2: 32 shots
Game 3: 40 shots
Game 4: 35 shots
Yea, you have to give it to Colorado that they are firing on all cylinders. PP is unreal, they cycle the puck like the Sedin twins used to, and have been crushing the floundering Jets.

I just wish the games were remotely close, like Game 1. I would enjoy the experience even if they lost if that were the case. I didn't bother watching yesterday as I preferred doing chores than let myself get invested in a landslide loss. I'm glad I didn't.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 6:36 AM

Prediction for Game 5:

Hellebuyck plays: 6-3 Colorado
Brossoit plays: 3-2 Jets.

Notice that when brossoit was put in the 3rd period, the Jets came together, and only allowed 4 shots, and Brossoit stopped them all? The Jets may as well go down fighting. Hellebuyck and the defense are defeated. Let's do something drastic, and go down fighting, or do nothing and get blown out.

I still cannot believe I predicted the score and who would be involved in the winning goal, for Game 4, The Jets are so predictable, that chances are they will make no significant changes, and Hellebuyck will be lit up again, as the defense will not show up, and the players will take dumb penalties.

Last edited by BlackDog204; Apr 30, 2024 at 7:01 PM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCake View Post
Yea, you have to give it to Colorado that they are firing on all cylinders. PP is unreal, they cycle the puck like the Sedin twins used to, and have been crushing the floundering Jets.

I just wish the games were remotely close, like Game 1. I would enjoy the experience even if they lost if that were the case. I didn't bother watching yesterday as I preferred doing chores than let myself get invested in a landslide loss. I'm glad I didn't.
Game 1 was not close at all. Colorado completely dominated. The Avs goalie was lit up, and it took one game for him to find his mojo. If the goalie played Game 1 like he did the other games, it would have been 6-2 Avalanche, and they would ahve swept the series.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 12:06 PM

Doesn't help the coach and 1c aren't on the same page. Sounds like Bowness finally making some adjustments to the line-up tonight.

Not sure why Stanley is in the line-up for example. Dillon going down and now Namestnikov dont help.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 12:48 PM
Mooderator

It's true they seemed to play better with Brossoit. And break up the Scheifele/Connor line.. I don't care if Scheif doesn't like playing with Ehlers because he's not a 'system' player, the system ain't working.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 1:10 PM

The game was already over when Brossoit came in. Colorado stopped the pressure game, they had 5 SOG's in the 3rd.

There's a zero percent chance Bro starts.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 3:37 PM

Dead cat bounce tonight with a Jets win, but game 6 in Denver will be the end I fear.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2024, 3:41 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Dead cat bounce tonight with a Jets win, but game 6 in Denver will be the end I fear.
I think you're right.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan